7 Cabins upgraded - THANK YOU PRINCESS!

lbryant

We have 7 cabins on a June Alaska trip on Golden Princess (2 balcony's and 5 insides). The prices dropped dramatically, so I called my TA to see what she could do (yes, it's past final payment, but as so many have said - it never hurts to ask). She called me back 20 minutes later with upgrades for everyone - insides are now in Caribe deck balconies and balconies are now mini-suites on Dolphin! My family is going to be over the moon excited. If anyone has been in D232 or D236, please let me know how it is. I know it's fully uncovered, but as long as no one uses us as target practice, I don't mind. Also, family members are above us and off to the right slightly.

What's your favorite way to celebrate in a mini-suite? What should we bring (other than perhaps an umbrella - it is alaska after all)?

Thanks

Those are great upgrades but I have to ask: Did your TA give you the option of a lower price for any of the cabins? Just curious since some people, particularly with a balcony, might have been happier with either a refund, OBC or paying a lower price than even a mini-suite on Dolphin. I know I would.

Those are great upgrades but I have to ask: Did your TA give you the option of a lower price for any of the cabins? Just curious since some people, particularly with a balcony, might have been happier with either a refund, OBC or paying a lower price than even a mini-suite on Dolphin. I know I would.

OP noted this was a June cruise, so I seriously doubt a lower price would be an option. Maybe OBC might have been an option.

The OP seems very happy with what they got and I am happy for them. I hope they have a wonderful cruise.

OP noted this was a June cruise, so I seriously doubt a lower price would be an option. Maybe OBC might have been an option.

The OP seems very happy with what they got and I am happy for them. I hope they have a wonderful cruise.

Princess usually doesn't do OBC for refunds.

Believe me, my husband would have preferred the money, but refunds and OBC weren't an option and honestly, I didn't expect it. But the price difference was pretty huge so I asked my TA to see what she could do. I knew there were quite a few balconies and minis open, so there was a chance we would get lucky, though I never thought we would all be upgraded. This is our 3rd big group trip (2nd with this TA) and she has earned our business for life.

Lottery tix - there's an idea.

Questions re: mini-suite. We're in D236 and D232 right above a bunch of lifeboats. While there are no tender ports, I know the ship conducts drills sometimes. Should we expect noise?

Some posts mentioned upgraded linens and toiletries - is that right? Does that mean different sheets and towels and how are they different from regular balcony?

Do the room stewards still do towel animals every night or just occasionally? If we request it every night (and add an extra tip) do you think we can have that?

Thanks for the advice. So excited!

Hi There

Room stewards do not do towel animals as a rule

However if you request and tip accordingly and your room steward can make them you might get a few

Yours Shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

We have also just been pleased to get an upgrade. We applied our credit from Ruby cruises in January to our August Baltic cruise. Somehow in the process the computer cancelled our reservation, so we were upgraded from inside to balcony. This is first significant upgrade we have had in 20+ cruises with several cruise lines. The rest of our party are still in their original four cabins, but our new cabin is still close to theirs. We booked last year and the price has done nothing but go up since then.

And they don't refund after final payment. I was responding to a poster who felt the OP's TA didn't do enough.

This depends. If it is a flash special, they don't. If the regular rate, they do but most of the time after final payment, it is a flash price.

Most TAs can see what type of rate code it is and they know when they have a chance and when they don't.

Edited by Coral

Congrats on the price reduction/upgrades! :) Just do your fellow cruisers a favor and don't yell up to your friends on their Caribe Deck balconies. Sometimes people traveling in groups think it's perfectly fine to yell to their family members or travel mates instead of simply picking up their cabin phone and calling them. ;)

I think the things you'll enjoy most about the mini-suite are the extra TV and a place to shave your legs (you can use the side of the bathtub for a foot rest vs. nothing in the balcony cabins). :D

Questions re: mini-suite. We're in D236 and D232 right above a bunch of lifeboats. While there are no tender ports, I know the ship conducts drills sometimes. Should we expect noise?

Any drill involving a lifeboat will be done while the ship is in port.