Help with decision please

Cruisegirl6

Hello,

I am so confused I need your help here. I am debating to choose the southern Caribbean Adventure of the Seas but also are tossing on the Silhouette out of Miami.

The Silhouette be our first celebrity cruise ( I am 51 and the Allure two weeks ago was my 53 cruise and always wanted to try Celebrity) and the Adventure of the seas offers us the southern caribbean ports (St. Kitts, St. Lucia, Barbados, Antigua) at which my other half has not seen or my daughter and father in law who also want to go.

My question is which ship would you choose and why? I need to make a decision tonight at the royal caribbean wow sale ends on the 30th. As far as price it be the same because I have a great deal with RC as the 2nd person is 50% off but then I have three nights in San Juan for hotel (we like to see more of it) and airfare will cost us 200 p/p more than it would cost us going from northern Florida to southern Florida so the cost be the same in the end, Please Help.

I hesitate even to comment, since I have never cruised on RC. We have done the Southern Caribbean on Constellation and loved the cruise.

The ports are interesting. I like St. Lucia, Barbados and Grenada the most, but Antigua, Aruba and Curacao were interesting.

To me the itinerary is the number one draw, next price, with the ship being the lowest factor.

Suggest writing down on a piece of paper a list of what items are the most important to you, then list the benefits of each.

Hello,

I am so confused I need your help here. I am debating to choose the southern Caribbean Adventure of the Seas but also are tossing on the Silhouette out of Miami.

Greetings

Just note that Silhouette sails from Port Everglades not Miami.

Good Sailing

Tom

Hello,

The Silhouette be our first celebrity cruise ( I am 51 and the Allure two weeks ago was my 53 cruise and always wanted to try Celebrity) and the Adventure of the seas offers us the southern caribbean ports (St. Kitts, St. Lucia, Barbados, Antigua) at which my other half has not seen or my daughter and father in law who also want to go.

My question is which ship would you choose and why? I need to make a decision tonight at the royal caribbean wow sale ends on the 30th. As far as price it be the same because I have a great deal with RC as the 2nd person is 50% off but then I have three nights in San Juan for hotel (we like to see more of it) and airfare will cost us 200 p/p more than it would cost us going from northern Florida to southern Florida so the cost be the same in the end, Please Help.

I would say Silhouette in a heartbeat. However given what you've said, I'd say Adventure for you at this time.. My reason would be your statement that your "better half" has never been to some of the ports and both she and others in your party want to see them. Perhaps less about ships and price and more bout pleasing others. I would most certainly take a Celebrity cruise as soon as possible. I've found it to be a notch above RCL. Enjoy your cruise whatever you decide.

Edited by Orator

In your situation we'd pick AdventureOTS this time but definitely give Celebrity a try in the future.

LuLu

DITTO!! The Celebrity ship would be wonderful, but those Southern Caribbean islands are knock your socks off! We love the Southern Caribbean. The younger folks in your group will enjoy the Adventure of the Seas too. You have plenty of time to do some Celebrity cruises in the future!

Hard to choose. I think I would pick the Adventure itinerary. Celebrity's ships seem to be more beautiful than Royal's (haven't seen for myself yet), but the itinerary may be more appealing to your traveling party. Enjoy whatever you pick...you can't go wrong either way.

I have a few hours more to decide, keep it going and thank you....looks like majority so far says the southern caribbean for ports on the other hand celebrity for the ship yikes lol keep me going here all need everybody's suggestions...

I have to be both gluten and dairy free will this be a problem on celebrity?

Can somebody tell me positive things about the Silhouette and any negatives that would help us to?

Yes, it sails from FLL my error, thanks for the heads up.

I'm afraid I can't help you choose, but I loved the southern itinerary on Celebrity. What I'd like to point out is that Celebrity's 123GO promo begins again on June 2nd. This promo offers the choice of a free classic alcohol drink package for two or free gratuities or OBC based on the length of the cruise. There are also additional perks for other passengers that share your cabin. There is a thread here with the details. Sorry, I don't know how to attach the link.

Good Luck with your decision

You will not be disappointed with the Adventure of the Seas. RCL ships are just different than Celebrity Solstice class ships. They are both wonderful in their own way. If you are taking a wide range of ages, the RCL ship is a better choice.

I have to be both gluten and dairy free will this be a problem on celebrity?

This for me give Celebrity a big advantage... They now have gluten-free and dairy-free options indicated on their dining room menus - a big plus.

Have you considered a 14-night-cruise? Celebrity Eclipse is sailing out of Miami - on some dates the prices are really good and the itinerary still better. Thus you could have both - a great ship and wonderful ports to explore.

If it is not possible for you, I'd also choose the itinerary over the ship.

Hello lyndamr

As for me, I would definitely choose the Celebrity ship,over the Adventure.

Now, it depends on the fare and the perks (OBC and the like), and the itinerary.

I have sailed with Royal Caribeean and Celebrity;

2 years ago, we sailed in the Med on the Soltice (had not sailed with Celebrity for about 10 years and was a bit apprehensive..... it was pointless as the food (buffet or DR) and service was of high quality.)

The Solstice class vessels (to which the Silouhette belong) are fabulous: very comfortable, very well appointed. Really, a notch up from the Adventure series. (well, they are more recent...).

We are booked on the Constellation in the Baltic Sea in July.

If you wanted to try Celebrity, this is the opportunity!

Jacques O, in Paris.

Have really enjoyed the southern Caribbean ports, especially the ABC islands and St Lucia. But what are the goals of your cruise? How will you and your companions share your time? Do you want to drink a lot? have fancy dinners? Celebrity may have a better plan. Just the cruise basics and enjoy the ports more? Adventure may win. Either way, you enjoy your cruise. m--

You all been great we decided to make up our mind well my mind lol tomorrow am.

We like to play slots late at night, most of us aren't into shows, its not very important but sometimes we decide to go to one. We enjoy going to quiet areas that are nice, having cocktails while we listen to some music, hopefully live.....We like comedy shows at times, but most of all its about the food and dining. Two weeks ago we were on the Allure and never did we eat in the main dining room, we did all specialty restaurants. We don't mind paying extra to get better. We want excellent service overall. We do want the premium beverage plan and curious whether you would know if that includes the fresh squeezed orange juice, latte's, espresso's to?

I have no idea what Celebrity offers as far as complimentary food where to get it and the times its available. I also read somewhere they have 24 hour buffet is this true, what is there to eat past 11pm? (we do stay up late)

If anybody can explain to me what celebrity offers as far as food and dining that be very appreciated, so far I am still in the middle of both of these ships. I love to have better food but I also love the southern ports so if you all don't mind please keep giving me your advice and suggestions.

I am only platinum member on RC (I go on other cruise lines but know I need to stay with one and build up my status) and wonder what my status would be on my first celebrity cruise in addition, whether I receive points on the RC crown and anchor society?

We don't mind paying extra to get better. We want excellent service overall. We do want the premium beverage plan and curious whether you would know if that includes the fresh squeezed orange juice, latte's, espresso's to?

And pay you will. Specialty dining is expensive on Celebrity, $40 + for dinner. You can get deals like 20% off, and buy packages to save some, or pay $29/day/person for unlimited specialty dining.

Even the classic pacakge includes fresh squeeze OJ and the specialty coffees.

I have no idea what Celebrity offers as far as complimentary food where to get it and the times its available. I also read somewhere they have 24 hour buffet is this true, what is there to eat past 11pm? (we do stay up late)

If anybody can explain to me what celebrity offers as far as food and dining that be very appreciated, so far I am still in the middle of both of these ships. I love to have better food but I also love the southern ports so if you all don't mind please keep giving me your advice and suggestions.

I am only platinum member on RC (I go on other cruise lines but know I need to stay with one and build up my status) and wonder what my status would be on my first celebrity cruise in addition, whether I receive points on the RC crown and anchor society?

The MDR, the Buffet, the Pool Grill and the Aqua Spa Cafe are all included free. On Sillouette there are the following Specialty Restaurants:

Bistro on 5 (Cafe and Crepes) $7

Porch (Paninis, sandwhichs and Salads) $7

Quisine (Whimsical presentation of mostly normal dishes) $45 I think

Tuscan Grill (Italian Steakhouse if there is such a think) $40 I think

Lawn Club Grill (Grill your own meat, make your own pizza if you want, salad bar) $45?

Murano ("Fine French Food", old school style, quotes on purpose) $50

Prices are guesses really, they all just went up.

Do a few searches, ALL of your questions have been discussed at length in the last few weeks.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I would vote for the Southern Caribbean itinerary. We sailed on the Adventure 4 years ago and it was very nice. Our first Southern was on the Constellation and it was wonderful. Next year, we are going on our 3rd Southern on the Summit.

Here's where I'll throw a monkey wrench in your plans - have you looked at the Summit? It sails on a Saturday (Adventure I believe sails on a Sunday or it did 4 years ago anyway). You could still do extra days in San Juan and maybe it won't cost you any extra vacation days? The itinerary may be a little different (St. Lucia, Barbados, Antigua, St. Maarten). The Summit also sails to St. Kitts, Dominica, Grenada & St. Croix.

Yes we were looking at the Summit but she is an older ship and I feel since two weeks ago I went on RC best and finest Allure of the Seas, and since Celebrity be my first ship on that line, I want a newer ship.

I've been on both the Adventure and Silhouette and I think you really need to decide what is more important, the itinerary or the ship.

I was on the Adventure years ago on a cruise to Mexico that just happened to be the "swine flu cruise". We traveled down to Cabo, enjoyed the port but once back on the ship were told Celebrity had decided to forego Mexico during the "crisis", so instead of stopping at the other two ports in Mexico we were scheduled to go to we headed up to San Francisco. This was in the spring and the weather on deck was very cold and windy, so we were very happy for the inside promenade deck on that cruise.

I was on the Silhouette this past January and enjoyed the ship so much out of 4 ports, which I'd been to before I only got off the ship once. We had the premium drink pkg plus the ultimate dining pkg on that cruise, so to us it was more about the ship than the ports.

I love the Southern Caribbean ports and have been several time and will be going again on Summit in January, which as you said is an older ship. I also love the "S" class ships and have two future cruises booked on Equinox, so to me it's a decision of ports vs ship, can't go wrong either way.