Beware

kruisey

True.

My point was Kruisey will not find a single agency without at least one complaint.

I had a business for many years with an A+ BBB rating and there was always somebody that wanted to take that down no matter what you did for them.

Mike:)

True.

My point was Kruisey will not find a single agency without at least one complaint.

I had a business for many years with an A+ BBB rating and there was always somebody that wanted to take that down no matter what you did for them.

Mike:)

Completely agree. As long as you don't find any issues of fraud and running away with your money, you're fine. You'll find minor complaints against any agency and any cruise line.

Completely agree. As long as you don't find any issues of fraud and running away with your money, you're fine. You'll find minor complaints against any agency and any cruise line.

If you think about it even Princess has complaints about their customer service and some of their business practices. I decided to check the two on line agencies that I use. And sure enough they both had complaints. I think if I only booked with an on line agency that had no complaints I would not have taken over 32 cruises. No business is going to be 100% perfect all the time.

If you think about it even Princess has complaints about their customer service and some of their business practices. I decided to check the two on line agencies that I use. And sure enough they both had complaints. I think if I only booked with an on line agency that had no complaints I would not have taken over 32 cruises. No business is going to be 100% perfect all the time.

Exactly

i did not book with that agency because they have several complaints about them

That's like saying:

"I will not book a Princess cruise because there are several complaints about them."

and

"I will not book a Carnival cruise because there are several complaints about them."

and

"I will not book a Royal Caribbean cruise because there are several complaints about them."

etc.

If the criteria were no complaints, you would never take a cruise.

Agencies out there so wonder who they could be?

One VERY easy way to tell if an agency is reputable is to make a reservation with your credit card (which will protect you in case of fraud). Then check if the charge is to the agency or to Princess cruises. If the charge is to Princess then the agency is reputable. If it's to the agency itself immediately dispute it with the credit card company and get it removed.

You may not get the very best deal but you will at least get on your cruise where you will be able to ask all of your fellow (VERY seasoned ! ) cruisers for names of agencies they use.

I know there is one large on line agency that many on here use that gives great prices but they charge for changes and cancellations which doesn't work for us so I continue to use my smaller TA who's prices are almost as good but she has no extra charges. We found her by asking others while we were on a cruise.

As long as your agency is reputable (and I just told you how to check for that) you're safe.

Very true. You can't please all the people all the time especially in this business.

There's a TA that has been bad mouthed by cruise critic that I've been using for years & have been quite happy with. It makes me wonder why when they give it such a bad write up when so many people utilize them & Princess deals with them also.

For all your words of wisdom.:)

Personally it is my fault for not booking that cruise the first day it opened.

A very close friend of mine who I had known for 36 years died in May he had been sick for the last 10 years but is always a shock when it happens,he always knew I loved cruising and would welcome my return to see the pictures and hear about my adventures.He did travel with me on the short Mexican cruise about 2005 but spent most of his time indisposed while I wandered around the ship.

Would have loved that cruise December 2015 after being on the actual love boat by invitation with co workers on a sunny day in Vancouver Harbor in the 1970's.Captain Stubbings must have been on a shore excursion.;)

So really everyone it is truly my fault for missing this exciting return to the 'Love Boat' next year.......Kruisey

I know there is one large on line agency that many on here use that gives great prices but they charge for changes and cancellations which doesn't work for us so I continue to use my smaller TA who's prices are almost as good but she has no extra charges.

And realize that changes which generate a charge (probably $25 or mroe) include such things as adding a Princess xfer to or from the airport or changing the dining preference.

For all your words of wisdom.:)

Personally it is my fault for not booking that cruise the first day it opened.

A very close friend of mine who I had known for 36 years died in May he had been sick for the last 10 years but is always a shock when it happens,he always knew I loved cruising and would welcome my return to see the pictures and hear about my adventures.He did travel with me on the short Mexican cruise about 2005 but spent most of his time indisposed while I wandered around the ship.

Would have loved that cruise December 2015 after being on the actual love boat by invitation with co workers on a sunny day in Vancouver Harbor in the 1970's.Captain Stubbings must have been on a shore excursion.;)

So really everyone it is truly my fault for missing this exciting return to the 'Love Boat' next year.......Kruisey

Kruisey here's hoping there are many more wonderful cruises for you to go on. :)

One more thing. From the people I know who booked this cruise, me included, no one is cancelling. It is a very small ship with not that big capacity. Most of us booked the first day it was released.

I wouldn't want to be waitlisted on this one, chances are remote that there will be big cancellations.

Now maybe Kruisey is talking about another cruise, but I doubt it.

You got me off my butt today calling and looking up TA agencies and by 5.000PM I got a guarantee cabin Oceanview and a BOOKING NUMBER from Princess at a local branch just up the road from me part of a huge North American Travel Agency.

You all got me to make that move especially the remarks from Sue......Love all my CC friends Kruisey XXX.:)

You got me off my butt today calling and looking up TA agencies and by 5.000PM I got a guarantee cabin Oceanview and a BOOKING NUMBER from Princess at a local branch just up the road from me part of a huge North American Travel Agency.

You all got me to make that move especially the remarks from Sue......Love all my CC friends Kruisey XXX.:)

Good for you! Let's have tea on board!

Good for you! Let's have tea on board!

I will probably be able to have the afternoon tea most afternoons because I am 130 wait list for the early dining.......:)

Edited by kruisey

Kruisey,

I'm glad our wonderful CC Princess community was able to help you resolve concerns and get your cruise booked! Hope you (all) have a wonderful sailing!

Thank you so much .....Kruisey:)

Glad it worked out and we'll see you onboard. Now, get your butt over to the roll call. :)

Kruisey, loooking forward to cruising with you again.

I did understand your reluctance to go outside of Princess to book. And knowing you cruise by yourself, you have to been very careful in all your planning. Had we been allowed to guide you in the right direction with travel agents , your decision would have been easier. Glad you found a local agency. For many years we felt very comfortable doing that. If a problem, you can walk in and discuss. You did the right thing for yourself.

We are all looking forward to some really fun experiences on this cruise.Glad you won't miss it.:D

For your kind remarks.:)

On the web crawl as a last resort yesterday I ended up with an organization that I only thought booked Airline and land travel packages.Behold their page directed me to their cruise agencies then asked my area until I was back in Vancouver on my own door step with a TA I can e mail speak and actually visit.

What great luck.:) Folks say that we don't have a guiding star up there.It most certainly happened to me...:D

For your kind remarks.:)

On the web crawl as a last resort yesterday I ended up with an organization that I only thought booked Airline and land travel packages.Behold their page directed me to their cruise agencies then asked my area until I was back in Vancouver on my own door step with a TA I can e mail speak and actually visit.

What great luck.:) Folks say that we don't have a guiding star up there.It most certainly happened to me...:D

Congratulations. I am happy to hear that it worked out for you.

Sorry about your friend.