Post your "simply demented"/inexplicable encounters with Royal's IT department

Here is my latest:

I wrote to their post-cruise department because I have not been receiving the survey after my cruises.

(I have been cruising A LOT this year ;) )

I received them up through February, but starting in March (B2B on Explorer), no survey. April/May (B2B on Independence), no survey. May/June (Grandeur), no survey.

I was starting to feel unwanted. ;) And besides, I had something to say!

So I wrote.

Someone from Customer Service called me this afternoon. He said that he looked into my Crown & Anchor account on line, and thought that he saw the reason. He offered to "change the primary email address" that he saw in my C&A account, since it was not the same address from which I had sent my complaint letter.

Really? I said.

He read me out the address.

Not my address.

Not an address that I recognize.

Not an address that has EVER been associated with me or with my C&A account.

So..................

To recap:

I have not been receiving post-cruise surveys because some "glitch" (aren't you just coming to LOVE that word?) put someone else's email address into my online C&A account.

HUH.gif

Now add YOUR story of Strange Encounters with RC IT.

Edited by Merion_Mom

Well, every time I look at my cruises online, they show the same price for each one. It might be 8k. It might be 3.5k. It might be $776, like it is now.

They also have me sailing on Enchantment in the future. I think I booked Anthem.

I don't call them, because I know it's futile. Otherwise I'd probably have some better stories to tell.

Where do I start?

They decided to change my birthday to my husband's some years ago. I finally got them to change it after trying repeatedly for over a year (in between my C&A account disappearing online). I saw on a recent booking that they had kept the correct month and day but had made me 3 years older. C&A had the proper date on their website, but when they changed it on the booking, everything repriced to $2000 more and it took 20 minutes and Resolutions to correct it.

My telephone number in the C&A data base was shown for years as (305) 999-9999. I have never lived in Miami. That's the number for a cab company.

They showed me as living in Kansas - that's where C&A was headquartered until recently.

And that's just my profile. Reservations are a whole 'nuther nightmare these days.:eek:

We just returned from a 16 day cruise on Rhapsody from Sydney to Honolulu and were in a JS. When the points were posted we got 30 cruise points!:eek: Crossing the International Dateline messed up their IT department because we experienced April 27th twice!! Apparently one of those dates got an override making one of the 2 dates invalid!

When I called to ask that it be corrected, I was told they were aware of the problem and it would be correct.

Two days later I checked and it was up to 31 points!:eek::eek: Had to call again and it was finally corrected to the 32 points that it should be.

Edited by cruisenfever

Booked cruise for my in laws. Now I get Celebrity emails and offers addressed to my father in law but sent to my email. I guess that's not so bad. I did not receive a post cruise survey from last cruise. Didn't want to monkey wrench system by calling so I sent snail mail to HQ to praise employees by name.

Going by announcements I've made on here seems like I get some promotional material first and other material never.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

Sailing on Vision in August and Quantum in November. Recently got an email telling me all about dynamic dining and that I can can now book my reservations in the great new restaurants on Vision such as Wonderland, etc. Not sure if everyone got this email or was I just lucky because of the combination of my upcoming cruises. Did let them know about the inconsistency but have not gotten a response.

I have not been receiving post-cruise surveys because some "glitch" (aren't you just coming to LOVE that word?) put someone else's email address into my online C&A account.

I'm not at all surprised by that.

My friend and I have had issues with our e-mail addresses and phone numbers getting messed up in our profiles. He'd get my e-mails, I'd get e-mails for him, various combinations. They have his phone number in my profile, and each time I try to change it online, it reverts back to his number the next day.

I've not been receiving e-mails lately, so I guess it's worth a call to see what I can find out...

As of our 3/9 Navigator cruise we have 323 cruise credits. That is correct on both my record and DH's. But the 3/9 cruise doesn't show on my record but it shows twice on his. If it all adds up I should have 316 and he should have 330. Figure that out! They say they are going to fix it. I just want to get the Crystal ship on the Oasis in October. After the Navigator again in August that should happen! Did get the survey for last week's Navigator cruise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Well, every time I look at my cruises online, they show the same price for each one. It might be 8k. It might be 3.5k. It might be $776, like it is now.

They also have me sailing on Enchantment in the future. I think I booked Anthem.

I don't call them, because I know it's futile. Otherwise I'd probably have some better stories to tell.

Under my purchased and held cruises, Royal has our 3-4-16 sailing on Anthem listed as Enchantment. I called them and they claim all they could see is Anthem for that sail date. Never been on Enchantment and have no future cruises on that ship either. It's a mystery!

Also every day our cruise balance changes under cruises purchased and held.

Another mystery!

I've not been receiving e-mails lately, so I guess it's worth a call to see what I can find out...

Yup, despite me logging into the web site and checking my profile to find that my e-mail address is listed, when the woman from Crown & Anchor checked, my primary e-mail address was my friend's (along with his phone number being listed as my primary contact, too). She's corrected it, so perhaps I'll start receiving e-mails from RCI again.

As of our 3/9 Navigator cruise we have 323 cruise credits. That is correct on both my record and DH's. But the 3/9 cruise doesn't show on my record but it shows twice on his. If it all adds up I should have 316 and he should have 330. Figure that out! They say they are going to fix it. I just want to get the Crystal ship on the Oasis in October. After the Navigator again in August that should happen! Did get the survey for last week's Navigator cruise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Here's your crystal block, Lou. Just in case. :D

crystalblock1_zpsc3de95fb.jpg

Well I sent an email early yesterday to someone at the cruise line regarding a perk for our sailing. Around dinner time I received this:

We are currently attending our Annual National Sales Meeting onboard the

beautiful Liberty of the Seas from November 18 - 23, 2013. We will have

limited access while onboard but will be checking emails and will respond

to your inquiry within 48 hours. If you require immediate assistance please

contact our Customer Service team at 800-***-**** for any urgent pre or

post sailing issues.

and it came from an address I have never contacted....I sure hope they make it back soon :rolleyes:

Oh Lordy, where does one start!?

1- After Oasis, 7 night cruise, was given 6 points. Called and was told, "well don't worry about it, you'll be Diamond after the next cruise anyway." :rolleyes: Still hasn't been fixed, I figure I'll die before Pinnacle so it isn't worth the fight.

2 - After I paid final and printed my set sail pass, I had a "balance due" pop up on an Allure cruise. They tried to explain it, as they accidentally "over credited" me for a cancelled reservation. To this day I still don't know if they actually over charged me or just took back what they under charged me:confused:

3- When I booked Adventure, the rep misspelled my daughters last name (beginning it with the wrong letter- one freakin letter! ) I called to fix it , and when they did it repriced my whole cruise to the current going rate and "lost" all my credits and discounts. The rep acknowledged that it was a "glitch" but explained that they had to "forward it to IT" to fix it and they would send me a corrected invoice when it was corrected. 3 days later, nothing, and the BOGOHO sale started. Since that was a better price for my cabin, I just called and had the BOGOHO pricing applied and it lowered the whole cabin price nullifying the need for IT to "fix" the original problem (I had zero faith that would have happened has the major price drop with BOGOHO not happened. )

4- I got an upgrade on Enchantment (what a nice thing...ahh, finally) when we boarded and turned up for our MTD reservations, they had all be "lost" to the MTD folks. oh I still had my printouts and the pre cruise planner had all my times, but MTD knew me only as the old cabin and that person no longer existed, and in the new cabin MTD was all reserved for me at the same time every night at 6:30, so when I walked in for my reservation at 7; they had in the computer that I was expected at 6:30

5- my cousin (does this count, it didn't happen to me directly?) paid off her cruise final payment...dining and show reservations were made (Oasis, that's a boat load of reservations) and linked. Spread sheets were distributed. All was right with the world. Cousin texts me in a panic...email from Royal says "because you canceled your cruise, all your show and dining reservations are cancelled":eek: She calls, they said her card is invalid. Upon digging, they recorded her LAST four digits of the CC, as the FIRST four digits. Instead of checking with her, they canceled her whole res including hours of painstaking synchronization of shows and dinners for 2 couples. Luckily, they still had her cabin, we made a few MTD tweeks and booked everything again except the comedy show, which we had to book on board.

And too numerous to count are the inexplicable emails: "time to book a drink package on Vision" (never booked Vision) "Fill out this survey about your recent Liberty cruise" (ditto) there are more, I just can't remember them all and since they don't truly affect me, I usually go "hunh??" And hit delete.

So now, do you know why I rant? Now do you see why Adventure is the end of the line for us until I see some progress? This cruise line is supposed to be an easy, peasy, high value, low hassle proposition for us. I have trips to Antarctica and Istanbul to be complicated. Spending this kind of time untangling their messes is not for me! Making the ships non smoking (mostly) and letting me imbibe my freebie drinks in any lounge on board from 5-8 is not enough to hand cuff me to an increasingly bad pre cruise experience. :cool:

Edited by Familygoboston

Well I sent an email early yesterday to someone at the cruise line regarding a perk for our sailing. Around dinner time I received this:

We are currently attending our Annual National Sales Meeting onboard the

beautiful Liberty of the Seas from November 18 - 23, 2013. We will have

limited access while onboard but will be checking emails and will respond

to your inquiry within 48 hours. If you require immediate assistance please

contact our Customer Service team at 800-***-**** for any urgent pre or

post sailing issues.

and it came from an address I have never contacted....I sure hope they make it back soon :rolleyes:

As we sing in Boston: "Oh they never returned, no they never returned...."

That could explain some things! This stuff is actually so bizarre, that I have to believe it's an inside revenge job...some disgruntled ex employee is laughing his/her head off!

Oh Lordy, where does one start!?

1- After Oasis, 7 night cruise, was given 6 points. Called and was told, "well don't worry about it, you'll be Diamond after the next cruise anyway." :rolleyes: Still hasn't been fixed, I figure I'll die before Pinnacle so it isn't worth the fight.

2 - After I paid final and printed my set sail pass, I had a "balance due" pop up on an Allure cruise. They tried to explain it, as they accidentally "over credited" me for a cancelled reservation. To this day I still don't know if they actually over charged me or just took back what they under charged me:confused:

3- When I booked Adventure, the rep misspelled my daughters last name (beginning it with the wrong letter- one freakin letter! ) I called to fix it , and when they did it repriced my whole cruise to the current going rate and "lost" all my credits and discounts. The rep acknowledged that it was a "glitch" but explained that they had to "forward it to IT" to fix it and they would send me a corrected invoice when it was corrected. 3 days later, nothing, and the BOGOHO sale started. Since that was a better price for my cabin, I just called and had the BOGOHO pricing applied and it lowered the whole cabin price nullifying the need for IT to "fix" the original problem (I had zero faith that would have happened has the major price drop with BOGOHO not happened. )

4- I got an upgrade on Enchantment (what a nice thing...ahh, finally) when we boarded and turned up for our MTD reservations, they had all be "lost" to the MTD folks. oh I still had my printouts and the pre cruise planner had all my times, but MTD knew me only as the old cabin and that person no longer existed, and in the new cabin MTD was all reserved for me at the same time every night at 6:30, so when I walked in for my reservation at 7; they had in the computer that I was expected at 6:30

5- my cousin (does this count, it didn't happen to me directly?) paid off her cruise final payment...dining and show reservations were made (Oasis, that's a boat load of reservations) and linked. Spread sheets were distributed. All was right with the world. Cousin texts me in a panic...email from Royal says "because you canceled your cruise, all your show and dining reservations are cancelled":eek: She calls, they said her card is invalid. Upon digging, they recorded her LAST four digits of the CC, as the FIRST four digits. Instead of checking with her, they canceled her whole res including hours of painstaking synchronization of shows and dinners for 2 couples. Luckily, they still had her cabin, we made a few MTD tweeks and booked everything again except the comedy show, which we had to book on board.

And too numerous to count are the inexplicable emails: "time to book a drink package on Vision" (never booked Vision) "Fill out this survey about your recent Liberty cruise" (ditto) there are more, I just can't remember them all and since they don't truly affect me, I usually go "hunh??" And hit delete.

So now, do you know why I rant? Now do you see why Adventure is the end of the line for us until I see some progress? This cruise line is supposed to be an easy, peasy, high value, low hassle proposition for us. Spending this kind of time untangling their messes is not for me! Making the ships non smoking (mostly) and letting me imbibe my freebie drinks in any lounge on board from 5-8 is not enough to hand cuff me to an increasingly bad pre cruise experience. :cool:

Dang! :eek:

Explorer. Party of 5 (3 cabins).

We all upgraded from insides to oceanviews a few weeks before the cruise.

Time to cruise and we printed and attached our luggage tags. Luckily one member of our party noticed that the luggage tags showed the original cabins. We took them off and got tags at the pier. All 3 reservations printed the old tags.

When we showed up for MTD we had no reservations. Took a while to find out they were still associated with the original cabins. The male host blamed us for not "refreshing" our reservations after changing cabins. :confused:

Tried to set up our reservations for the 10 nights but the line behind us was too long. Came back the next afternoon to set up our reservations. The host kept taking phone calls from guests making reservations for that evening and basically ignoring me. He said he was too busy to take our reservations for 10 nights so we would have to reserve each day for the following evening.

My Mom was travelling single so we had set up reservations for her each evening. Sometimes the 5 of us, sometimes her and a couple, sometimes her and a single.

When we arrived for dinner the female host greeted us with a huge smile. She had gone through the reservations associated with the old cabins and moved them over to the new cabins. She explained that they were very complicated but she had fixed them all. We now had reservations for 5 every night at 6:00. :eek:

She was so pleased with her outstanding feat of customer service that we just gave up and said thank you. :(

This ended up being the Noro cruise so it turned out MTD reservations were the least of our worries. :o

Explorer. Party of 5 (3 cabins).

When we showed up for MTD we had no reservations. Took a while to find out they were still associated with the original cabins. The male host blamed us for not "refreshing" our reservations after changing cabins. :confused:

Tried to set up our reservations for the 10 nights but the line behind us was too long. Came back the next afternoon to set up our reservations. The host kept taking phone calls from guests making reservations for that evening and basically ignoring me.

Who knew. At least we can all benefit from your pain.

Host sounds mean. It really bugs me when I am somewhere in person and they take phone calls ahead of me.

Edited by marci22

I don't really have too many as they have been fairly good to me. I think the only one I really have is with their website and searching for future cruises. In the past I would follow along with their site going in the order they suggested. Then I learned if I'm just looking for which cruise to pick and not necessarily looking at the price I would NOT tell it was state I was from. For a long time if you told the site where you lived it would return some funky answers to your search. For example if I knew I wanted to sail out of Miami, and I put Ohio in the search it would return 6000 different cruise sailing from all over the world. So I stopped telling it where I was from until I actually booked.