Aqua Class AND Celebrity Select?

emiliewasmyeve

We are currently booked on our first Celebrity cruise, sailing to Alaska.

We are booked in an Aqua Class room, and we also have paid for Celebrity Select dining. I'm now realizing that the latter may be completely unnecessary.

We don't plan on eating in the main dining room, except maybe for lunch one day--just to try it.

Blu is our "main" dining room as AC, and we are given preferred seating.

So, is there any reason why I'd need to keep Celebrity Select?

Thanks, in advance, for the help!

We are booked in an Aqua Class room, and we also have paid for Celebrity Select dining. I'm now realizing that the latter may be completely unnecessary.

Correct, no need to keep it. Question, did you book thru a TA or Celebrity? Both should have know that Blu would be your dinning area.

We don't plan on eating in the main dining room, except maybe for lunch one day--just to try it.

No need for Select Dining at all, the only thing it accomplishes in Blu is to make you prepay your tips when it is not necessary.

I would like to clarify a couple of points with you. Blu is your assigned dining room, you do not have a seat assigned for you in the Main Dining room. The preferred seating comments in the web site really don't mean anything since Blu is your dining room. Blu is anytime dining all the time, you go when you want, no reservations or assigned tables.

Edited by dkjretired

No need for concern and there is absolutely nothing that you need to do about it.

You really are not "keeping" Celebrity Select.

It just shows up that way because their programmers failed to make the appropriate adjustments to the program code when Aqua Class was added.

So everyone who books Aqua Class appears to be assigned to either traditional early or late or select dining, even though none of those categories apply to Aqua Class.

Just show up in Blu for breakfast and dinner whenever you wish.

Since you have already pre-paid your gratuities, they should not show up as daily charges on your account, the way they otherwise would.

Have a wonderful cruise.

No need for concern and there is absolutely nothing that you need to do about it.

You really are not "keeping" Celebrity Select.

It just shows up that way because their programmers failed to make the appropriate adjustments to the program code when Aqua Class was added.

So everyone who books Aqua Class appears to be assigned to either traditional early or late or select dining, even though none of those categories apply to Aqua Class.

Just show up in Blu for breakfast and dinner whenever you wish.

Since you have already pre-paid your gratuities, they should not show up as daily charges on your account, the way they otherwise would.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Yes, this is 100% correct. I got my invoice and I wa listed as select even though I am Aqua Calss, it confused me at first.

I have the same thing going on except we had select dining and an OV and received an upgrade to Aqua. I made dining reservations before the upgrade so I don't know if I still have those.

I'm just going with the idea that the tips are paid in advance, which I can't see as a bad thing. We might go to the MDR one night depending on the menu. I like having my options open.

This is a website problem. What you need to know is you can pick early or late dining. But since your in Blu you can dine when you want. If you do want to prepay your gratuities then choose select dining. That is fine. Our 1st cruise in Aqua we had select dining. I called after final payment and had it changed to early dining and my credit card credited back the gratuities. The reason was to use OBC that I had received from Celebrity.

As someone just mentioned, unless you want to use some onboard credit to pay your gratuities, you have nothing to worry about. Since you're Aqua Class, you will dine in Blu. While you could wait to pay your gratuities onboard, you already have paid them because your reservation says select dining and select diners must pre-pay gratuities.

Please don't bite my head off. I've never been on a Celebrity cruise. If I upgrade to Aqua do I need to eat all of my dinners in Blu? We usually enjoy MDR's and would like all my options open on my first celebrity cruise.

Also, does Aqua have any bigger rooms or balconies then Concierge on M Class ships.

Thank you!

Blu is the Aqua dining room. If you work through the Blu staff you MAY be accommodated in the Main Dining, but perhaps not at your preferred dining time. Consult with the, BLU Maitre D to make arrangements. You can't just show up at the Main room because you have no table assignment. If you eat in the MDR, your night's tips have to be properly moved.

Please don't bite my head off. I've never been on a Celebrity cruise. If I upgrade to Aqua do I need to eat all of my dinners in Blu? We usually enjoy MDR's and would like all my options open on my first celebrity cruise.

Also, does Aqua have any bigger rooms or balconies then Concierge on M Class ships.

Thank you!

I've read in a great review from January that if you are seated in Blu but want something from the MDR menu, you can be accommodated. Maybe someone who has tried recently can verify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not terribly difficult on M class ships, where the kitchens are adjacent. Much less likely on S class ships where the BZlU kitchen is nowhere near the MAin kitchen

The review I read was from the Equinox.

We dined in Blu on the Constellation, and enjoyed escargot and crème brulee each night from the MDR menu, as well as the wonderful menu choices in Blu. Who knew I loved Tuscan white bean soup so much???:)

Edited by akowilm

I have the same thing going on except we had select dining and an OV and received an upgrade to Aqua. I made dining reservations before the upgrade so I don't know if I still have those.

I'm just going with the idea that the tips are paid in advance, which I can't see as a bad thing. We might go to the MDR one night depending on the menu. I like having my options open.

If your dining reservations are for the MDR before your upgrade, they would not be valid anymore since you are now assigned to Blu. If in Specialty restaurants you would still have them.

I never paid for Select dining. It is included in the price for Aqua (which is always anytime dining) or the MDR. Do you mean you paid to dine in speciality restaurants? That is different and IMO well worth it as the quaility of the food and presentation is superior to both Blu and and MDR. You should try a couple of speciality restaurants on your cruise.

I never paid for Select dining. It is included in the price for Aqua (which is always anytime dining) or the MDR. Do you mean you paid to dine in speciality restaurants? That is different and IMO well worth it as the quaility of the food and presentation is superior to both Blu and and MDR. You should try a couple of speciality restaurants on your cruise.

I think they are referring to prepaying the tips for Select Dining not specialty restaurants. If you choose Select prior to the cruise you are required to pay gratuities. . A lot of TAs screw this up since Blu is anytime dining all the time. This was the most asked question about Blu over the past couple of years largely because Celebrity can't get their IT working properly.

Thank you!

No, you do not need to eat all your meals in Blu. You can go to the MDR if you want (check with the Maitre'D for a table).

The AQ aft facing cabins have big balconies, particularly #1140 which is the biggest of the 5. The rooms would not be bigger than Concierge class.

I've read in a great review from January that if you are seated in Blu but want something from the MDR menu, you can be accommodated. Maybe someone who has tried recently can verify.

We also were told no when asking to do this on an S class ship. Either they have changed the rules (which I doubt due to restaurant location) or this is just another one of Celebrity's consistent inconsistencies. It never hurts to ask. The worst they can say is no.

Generally, Blu has onion soup, escargot, creme brulle and a few other things always available although not necessarily on the menu and you can sometimes get eggs benedict for breakfast. However, they don't generally accommodate requests for a main dish from the main dining room menu. If there is something yo want to try (menu's are posted around noon every day), then eat in the MDR that night (after checking how they want you to do that on your cruise because it changes).

I was also told by my TA that AQ can select either dining room as stated by YVR Cruiser above by letting the Maitre'd at the MDR know. We did, however, prepay our tips because we don't want the charge later on.

Generally, Blu has onion soup, escargot, creme brulle and a few other things always available although not necessarily on the menu and you can sometimes get eggs benedict for breakfast. However, they don't generally accommodate requests for a main dish from the main dining room menu. If there is something yo want to try (menu's are posted around noon every day), then eat in the MDR that night (after checking how they want you to do that on your cruise because it changes).

We will have Aqua Class for the first time on our spring TA. That is good to hear about the "always available." Dh loves the escargot, onion soup, salmon, chocolate cake, and apple pie from the anytime menu in the MDR. He was happy to hear he might still be able to get escargot and onion soup in Blu. Do you know if the chocolate cake, apple pie, and salmon are also available? If not, we are doing a b2b and do not have AquaClass on the 2nd leg, so he can get his cake and pie then. :D

Kathy

I was also told by my TA that AQ can select either dining room as stated by YVR Cruiser above by letting the Maitre'd at the MDR know. We did, however, prepay our tips because we don't want the charge later on.

Your TA almost got it right :) You need to let the maitre d' in BLU know you would like to dine in the MDR....