Should suite passengers get anything except their cabin.

PoppyandNana

I think a suite guest should be able to go pick any other cabin on the ship to claim as a luggage storage locker and knock that occupant off the ship. :D

Oh for heavens sake! Do it properly - make them walk the plank with you holding a cutlass to their back. :D

Oh for heavens sake! Do it properly - make them walk the plank with you holding a cutlass to their back. :D

Better still - have the right to make them personal slaves for the rest of the cruise.

THEN make them walk the plank.

DON

I've been on many Celebrity cruises and I would have to say Michael's always seemed to be one of the most under utilized spaces across the fleet. (Well, except for the Constellation when it was Perry Grant's room and not counting Elite events.) In all our cruises we have maybe one or two drinks at most there and could usually count the other passengers in there on one hand.

Now Michael's has been commandeered strictly for suites and Zenith passenger use and all of a sudden everybody wants to go to there? Hmm....

i'm confused by the word 'should.' Are you asking if it's 'correct' for perks to be offered for a price? Or do you mean 'fair'?

It's certainly profitable for the bottom line - and it helps subsidize those less expensive cabins for those who don't gamble or drink. Profit has to come from somewhere.

And my thanks to those of you who do your bit to keep profits up and my costs down.

I've been on many Celebrity cruises and I would have to say Michael's always seemed to be one of the most under utilized spaces across the fleet. (Well, except for the Constellation when it was Perry Grant's room and not counting Elite events.) In all our cruises we have maybe one or two drinks at most there and could usually count the other passengers in there on one hand.

Now Michael's has been commandeered strictly for suites and Zenith passenger use and all of a sudden everybody wants to go to there? Hmm....

I have to say that we went in to Michaels every evening before dinner. Really enjoyed the place, and the service.

May have been beaten to death in prior threads but I personally have never seen them. For me was an interesting question. Sorry if it offends anyone

If you were interested in knowing the thoughts of other cruisers regarding this topic, you could have done your own search to read the threads that exist.

I think stirring the pot was the objective.

I also enjoy suites and choose option #3.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

And my thanks to those of you who do your bit to keep profits up and my costs down.

exactly, airlines, cruises and many other activities can offer low cost fares/tickets because they are subsidised by those of us willing to pay for better treatment. On an airline fully 1/3 of the profits come from the first+business class passengers, and they dont occupy 1/3 of the space

I agree with wpgCycler and Vulcan among others. People get what they pay for. I enjoy the fact that Vulcan for example enjoys his suite. In fact Vulcan along with other suite customers were responsible for opening up their suites for us to gain a little peek at what is on offer during a cabin crawl on Celebrity Reflection last year. Even after seeing some great suites we decided that for us any cabin is fine for size and the amenities available for non suite passengers are more than adequate. I do not begrudge anyone getting whatever extras are available for the premium they pay. If that was to take away too much of the ship and as a result lesson the product I receive to a level that I don't consider value for money I will either

a) Choose another cruise line or holiday style.

b) Pay the premium for a suite.

Who knows I may even get a complimentary upgrade one day.

While I will admit that I am a little envious at times for those who can/choose to have a suite, fly first class etc (just as I am when I see someone driving a Ferrari or getting front row at Rolling Stones gig) I am in no way ever even a little jealous or offended by their presence or what they receive.

Edited by woodyren

If you were interested in knowing the thoughts of other cruisers regarding this topic, you could have done your own search to read the threads that exist.

I think stirring the pot was the objective.

I also enjoy suites and choose option #3.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

I thought about it but thought it would be fun to see people like you get your drawers bunched up

I pay what I am comfortable with and feel to be the best value for me. I really don't care what perks others get. If they pay more for their cabin and get better perks so be it. That is how life is. People make choices on how they want to spend their money for what they want or enjoy, and some are more fortunate than others and have so much money that it doesn't affect them on how much they pay. Cruises are no different than any other part of travel or life. There are different classes, grades, quality and etc. It all comes at a different price.

When I no longer feel that a cruise is a good value I will look into something else, or before that I may get bored with cruising and more on to something else.

Cruise on 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I agree that we should be aware of what we are buying and not expect more. I also believe that the cruise ships should clearly convey the perks offered and reduce the perceptions that more is deserved. If the only perk advertised is a robe in your room - than you should not expect butler service and "priority" everything.

I pay what I am comfortable with and feel to be the best value for me. I really don't care what perks others get. If they pay more for their cabin and get better perks so be it. That is how life is. People make choices on how they want to spend their money for what they want or enjoy, and some are more fortunate than others and have so much money that it doesn't affect them on how much they pay. Cruises are no different than any other part of travel or life. There are different classes, grades, quality and etc. It all comes at a different price.

When I no longer feel that a cruise is a good value I will look into something else, or before that I may get bored with cruising and more on to something else.

Cruise on 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I agree, but do not think it is a matter of good fortune and lots of money, it is just how you choose to spend it. We have one car. I still work from home. We do have a good life, but are hardly rich.

I agree, but do not think it is a matter of good fortune and lots of money, it is just how you choose to spend it. We have one car. I still work from home. We do have a good life, but are hardly rich.

Similar here, I'm just downsizing selling my big house for small condo etc. as I now want to be able to travel more, rather than maintain a large house and yard. It's all about managing ones wishes and finding ways to accomplish them. I don't spend much money while home on "entertainment:" instead saving money I'd spend at bars and restaurants for trips and cruises to someplace else.

These kinds of differences exist in all walks of life. You go looking for a condo to purchase and you find one with tons of amenities like a pool, gym and 24 hour concierge. You see another condo that has none of those amenities, and you don't have to pay the $1200 a month HOA fees because you purchased a simple condo. So, is it fair that you don't have all the bells and whistles?

You want a new car, and you look at a Subaru and a Range Rover. You choose the Subaru because it's cheaper, but doesn't have all the fancy technology of the Range Rover. So, are you upset you didn't get self parking and a color backup camera? Is it fair?

I don't take either of those positions. Mine is:

3. Its none of my business how a cruise line chooses to treat its passengers. The cruise line knows its customers and what they need to provide them to fill their ships and make a profit. If I don't like what's being offered to me for the fare I'm prepared to pay, I don't have to sail with them - if I do like what's on offer I'll give them my business.

Ian, spot on the mark again.

And as many have said, this horse has been ridden, let it go to pasture:D

My husband and I have never booked a suite. We just started sailing in verandah cabins a few years back. I think it's completely fair that suite passengers would have more perks. They have essentially paid for those perks in the price of the cabin. I don't expect to pay for my coach flight and get the same perks as those flying in first class. Why would this be any different? I get my perks for loyalty being at the elite tier of the program. You get what you've paid for. I expect nothing more and nothing less. I think the system is fair.

If anything, this new set of perks is incentive for me to save up and book a suite at some point, just to experience the extras. You get what you pay for.:D

Over time, Elites, etc. return more profit to the cruise line than a first time passenger who happens to have the bucks to pay for a suite. They gamble, drink expensive drinks and take expensive tours ONCE, frequent sailers do it five, ten or twenty times or more. They are the ones who should get the extras.

that is sooo funny , the Elite people I know spend hours getting the cheapest rooms, the most obc, shareholder credit, bring their own drinks on board , not going to the spa , not booking the ships tours Elite members probably cost the cruise line money ,we are there to pay the gratuities :D

I have absolutely NO idea as to whom you are referring... :cool: :p

As the people that brag about paying $50 a day for their cruise, if they are happy great.

I usually refrain from bragging unless I can stay under $40 a day. :eek: :D ;)

I think a REALLY *F*A*N*T*A*S*T*I*C* idea, would be to demand IMMEDIATE government intervention to make SURE *E*V*E*R*Y*T*H*I*N*G* related to cruising is REALLY "FAIR."

Establishment of a new Cabinet Level organization "The Department of Cruise Pricing Fairness" by executive order.

Staffed and operated by only the most knowledgeable, experienced, hard working and highly paid experts, (GS 18 or higher) these selfless civil servants will spend extensive periods of time gathering data FIRSTHAND while traveling ALL cruise lines and EVERY cruise ship on every itinerary.

Only THEN will these omnipotent ARBITERS of social equality establish the PROPER rules regarding the prices and perks that should be allowed. EVERYONE would most CERTAINLY benefit from such a NEEDED and NOBLE undertaking.

Edited by teecee60

I don't take either of those positions. Mine is:

3. Its none of my business how a cruise line chooses to treat its passengers. The cruise line knows its customers and what they need to provide them to fill their ships and make a profit. If I don't like what's being offered to me for the fare I'm prepared to pay, I don't have to sail with them - if I do like what's on offer I'll give them my business.

Well said.

I think a suite guest should be able to go pick any other cabin on the ship to claim as a luggage storage locker and knock that occupant off the ship. :D

Curt

Thanks for the laugh! I needed it this morning. Now who should I pick ......

One opinion I didn't see here yet is mine:

I would love to be able to purchase some of the suite perks without being in a suite (and hence eliminating the need to stay in a more expensive cabin). Some people might actually want to spend money on some of the perks, but not on the bigger cabin. A potential for source of extra revenue if you ask me:D

This obviously means that I agree with choices 2 and 3 :)

We travel in suites and I agree 100% with option 3!! (very well put)

I love the fact that MC is now a suite/zenith lounge. I love the fact that its a quiet spot and not many people in there.

Makes me want to book suites over and over again:)

Just back from a Baltic cruise on the Eclipse and th few times I walked past Michael's club ..it was empty! What happens to the staff who would be serving in there with very few people going in there? There seems to be a variance of opinion as to whether suite guests spend when away or not. If they don't spend well then the staff must surely be losing out.

Previously when Perry was appearing in there during the evening you could hardly fit a credit card between folk! I think this particular decision to restrict the use of this facility as a rather odd one.

A perk is a perk and as long as it doesn't really affect what I am paying for and my enjoyment of my holiday I don't really see the problem. I have to admit that every time I walk past the 1 metre square piece of "red carpet" by the gangway access to the ship for elevated guests to move through any waiting line makes me giggle. I have yet to see anyone walk over /through it :D