Should suite passengers get anything except their cabin.

PoppyandNana

Was talking the other day to a fellow avid cruiser. The topic was the growing trend to providing passengers who book a suite amenities outside the cabin itself. Collectively we have heard things like Michael's Club admittance, priority everything and more depending on the line.

Seemed to be two positions on the matter:

1. Passengers who book a suite get nicer accommodations. It should end there and not extend to things like priority theatre seating and the like. Places like Michaels Club should either be open to all, ala Perry Grant piano bar OR reserved for the most frequent sailing passengers. Over time, Elites, etc. return more profit to the cruise line than a first time passenger who happens to have the bucks to pay for a suite. They gamble, drink expensive drinks and take expensive tours ONCE, frequent sailers do it five, ten or twenty times or more. They are the ones who should get the extras.
  2. Passengers who book a suite pay a great deal of money. For that money they should get whatever extras the cruise line can throw their way. The suite experience together with all the ancillary perks helps insure that high roller suite passenger will come back time and time again.

Where do you stand?

As a suite guest and one who cruises a lot I will go with #2 but in the end there will always be some who feel as though they're not being treated fairly. Obviously the cruise lines have done their homework and know which customers bring the highest ROI.

Edited by cruisingator2

Was talking the other day to a fellow avid cruiser. The topic was the growing trend to providing passengers who book a suite amenities outside the cabin itself. Collectively we have heard things like Michael's Club admittance, priority everything and more depending on the line.

1. Passengers who book a suite get nicer accommodations. It should end there and not extend to things like priority theatre seating and the like. Places like Michaels Club should either be open to all, ala Perry Grant piano bar OR reserved for the most frequent sailing passengers. Over time, Elites, etc. return more profit to the cruise line than a first time passenger who happens to have the bucks to pay for a suite. They gamble, drink expensive drinks and take expensive tours ONCE, frequent sailers do it five, ten or twenty times or more. They are the ones who should get the extras.
  2. Passengers who book a suite pay a great deal of money. For that money they should get whatever extras the cruise line can throw their way. The suite experience together with all the ancillary perks helps insure that high roller suite passenger will come back time and time again.

Where do you stand?

Why even open up this bucket of worms Again? I think it has been beaten to death already.

Sorry, but for what the cruise line charges for the Suites, we believe the guests are entitled to extra. We would vote for number 2, but agree that this topic has been beaten to death. Everyone will never agree. Celebrity will do what they feel will be best for the bottom line

Edited by Phxazzcruisers

I don't take either of those positions. Mine is:

3. Its none of my business how a cruise line chooses to treat its passengers. The cruise line knows its customers and what they need to provide them to fill their ships and make a profit. If I don't like what's being offered to me for the fare I'm prepared to pay, I don't have to sail with them - if I do like what's on offer I'll give them my business.

3. Its none of my business how a cruise line chooses to treat its passengers. The cruise line knows its customers and what they need to provide them to fill their ships and make a profit. If I don't like what's being offered to me for the fare I'm prepared to pay, I don't have to sail with them - if I do like what's on offer I'll give them my business.

Bingo!

Its none of my business how a cruise line chooses to treat its passengers. The cruise line knows its customers and what they need to provide them to fill their ships and make a profit. If I don't like what's being offered to me for the fare I'm prepared to pay, I don't have to sail with them - if I do like what's on offer I'll give them my business.

Same goes for any other product you buy. You get what you pay for. Don't complain because someone else wears a silk shirt while yours is polyester. You make the choice. Live with it.

Edited by pieter&sharon

Don't fall out of your chair but I agree with you on this one.

Sorry, but for what the cruise line charges for the Suites, we believe the guests are entitled to extra. We would vote for number 2, but agree that this topic has been beaten to death. Everyone will never agree. Celebrity will do what they feel will be best for the bottom line

May have been beaten to death in prior threads but I personally have never seen them. For me was an interesting question. Sorry if it offends anyone

So AGREE! :)

LuLu

Very well said!

Better said than me in my post. I agree 100%

The cruise lines give what they they think they need to give to sell the suites at the price they want to charge. It has nothing to do with entitlement. If you don't like it cruise on a different cruise line. This is a ridiculous topic.

Where do you stand?

Over time, Elites, etc. return more profit to the cruise line than a first time passenger who happens to have the bucks to pay for a suite. They gamble, drink expensive drinks and take expensive tours ONCE, frequent sailers do it five, ten or twenty times or more. They are the ones who should get the extras.

that is sooo funny , the Elite people I know spend hours getting the cheapest rooms, the most obc, shareholder credit, bring their own drinks on board , not going to the spa , not booking the ships tours

Elite members probably cost the cruise line money ,we are there to pay the gratuities :D

Edited by Airbalancer

I look forward to the day I can afford to book a suite :D. In the meantime, I'm happy with the cabins I've booked and the traveling I've been fortunate enough to have done.

No jealousy here.

I am saddened to lose access to Michael's but that is because we enjoyed it not because we think the suites shouldn't have it. I just wish they had found a different location.

I agree with number 3. Additionally I would like to add that as a suite guest we pay more, and should get more. You get what you pay for. As the people that brag about paying $50 a day for their cruise, if they are happy great. If you prefer a different level of service that is up to the paying customer. I did my stint in an inside cabin 35 years ago...no more. We like to travel well, and stay in good hotels. We also fly business class. Everyone has a choice, and we made ours. I think most suite passengers are just as ordinary as the next person, but want to spend their money differently.

So it is a choice, and everyone has that right. I am glad that celebrity is offering this! I love Celebrity, and had left and gone to the high end cruise lines, but did not think the value was there! You need to attract every kind of customer.