Photo Contest surprise

Cruzin-K

Does anyone remember, a couple years ago they had a photo contest, and a lot of the winners' photos were displayed on the new Royal Princess? Well, I just got an email and Princess said that because they had so many entries in that contest they selected another 1000 photos to be displayed on the Regal Princess, and mine is one of them. I'm so excited, but I'm at work so I haven't been able to go to check to see which picture it is yet. The anticipation is killing me, lol. I won some OBC to use on board the Regal if I book during the inaugural year. I don't think I will be able to make it, but it's still nice to have my photo recognized :)

Does anyone remember, a couple years ago they had a photo contest, and a lot of the winners' photos were displayed on the new Royal Princess? Well, I just got an email and Princess said that because they had so many entries in that contest they selected another 1000 photos to be displayed on the Regal Princess, and mine is one of them. I'm so excited, but I'm at work so I haven't been able to go to check to see which picture it is yet. The anticipation is killing me, lol. I won some OBC to use on board the Regal if I book during the inaugural year. I don't think I will be able to make it, but it's still nice to have my photo recognized :)

Congratulations Karen !!!!!!!

How exciting - please let us know what photo will be used - it was really enjoyable on the Royal Princess to look at photos of all the beautiful places I will probably never visit and I look forward to doing the same on the Regal in November.

Edited by MarKay525

Thanks everyone. I am super excited, but this time there doesn't seem to be a website where we can go look at all the winning entries. There was no link in the email either. I guess I am going to have to move my solo 2016 Caribbean Princess Cruise to a cruise on the Regal instead. Their marketing department sure has me pegged, lol.

Yes, I too received the same email today indicating one of my photos was chosen to be displayed on the Regal Princess as well. It was a very welcome surprise! I was also unable to determine/find anywhere which photo was to be displayed. I have emailed Princess back to see if I can get a verification as to whether it is the same photo that is displayed on the Royal Princess or a different one, and if different, where I can see the photo chosen.

Congratulations to both of you. I'm a bit curious, since the Regal is already out there sailing around, if our photos have been on there for months and they're only just getting around to letting us know. I assume the decorating was done before the inaugural.

I received an email too. Very excited and trying to find out which one of my entries was selected. They had me forward the email to customer relations so will pass the info along if they respond.

Congrats to the other winners as well. It is exciting!

That's great! I am jealous about them giving you cruise credit for using the photos. I was lucky enough to have one selected to be placed on the Royal as part of the original contest but did not get anything other than a congrats email.

Hopefully I'll sail on the Royal one day and see my photo.

That's great! I am jealous about them giving you cruise credit for using the photos. I was lucky enough to have one selected to be placed on the Royal as part of the original contest but did not get anything other than a congrats email.

Hopefully I'll sail on the Royal one day and see my photo.

Well, don't be too jealous. We'd have to sail by May 2015, so I imagine only a small fraction of the 1000 winners will be able to go on that specific ship by that specific date. My vacations are planned through November 2015 already, and I'm not changing them to spend another $2000 on a cruise to get $50 OBC. I will certainly book a cruise on the Regal, maybe for 2016 or 2017 so I can find my photo, but I can't make it by their deadline for the prize.

Well, don't be too jealous. We'd have to sail by May 2015, so I imagine only a small fraction of the 1000 winners will be able to go on that specific ship by that specific date. My vacations are planned through November 2015 already, and I'm not changing them to spend another $2000 on a cruise to get $50 OBC. I will certainly book a cruise on the Regal, maybe for 2016 or 2017 so I can find my photo, but I can't make it by their deadline for the prize.

Karen, have you ever written a comparison review of Royal Caribbean and Princess? If so, I would love to read it. And, if so, could you post a link?

Congratulations. Hopefully, you will be able to sail the Regal at some point and see your photo.:):):)

I'm tentatively planning to swap my Caribbean Princess cruise for one on the Regal in April 2016. Better ports, a new ship (already done the CB twice) and my photo :)

Karen, have you ever written a comparison review of Royal Caribbean and Princess? If so, I would love to read it. And, if so, could you post a link?

I haven't really. I think I've mentioned a few points here and there in individual reviews but I figured so much of what we like & don't like is subjective, and there are already plenty of reviews like that out there that I didn't think I had much to add. I like Princess better for stateroom size, closet size, MUTS, pizza, International Cafe, pro photography, and most of the decor. I like Royal better for embarkation, entertainment, buffet, dining room decor, nightlife, loyalty program, Cruise Critic meet & mingles, on board activities (pool games, the Quest, love & marriage, etc.), and I'm sure there's stuff I'm missing. I like them both.

We won't be able to take advantage of the $50 but was a nice gesture. We are already booked through 2016 on multiple trips. So many places to see so little time. We sail primarily with Celebrity but I have to admit I LOVE Princess Fettucini Alfredo. The best in the World. I hope to find out which photo as I submitted several. It is very exciting. Maybe one day with make it on the Regal.

I found the post on an old thread where I showed what photos I entered. So, if anyone on the Regal Princess in the next 21 months sees one of these, please let me know where it is :D

6145239039_16cf82c3b8.jpg

6142683465_1ce707e678.jpg

6143415947_6b91e00322.jpg

6143358055_9b5e1c8f23.jpg

6142883172_b6094b8865.jpg

I found the post on an old thread where I showed what photos I entered. So, if anyone on the Regal Princess in the next 21 months sees one of these, please let me know where it is :D

Beautiful pics! I am surprised you didn't make the Royal Princess round!

Beautiful pics! I am surprised you didn't make the Royal Princess round!

Those are gorgeous photos, Karen. Congratulations!

I'm betting they picked #5. Don't forget to come back and let us know when you find out.

Thank you both :) The first and last pics are my two favorites, so I'm hoping it's one of those. I can't wait to find out. I'm currently researching cabins. All I know about the Royal/Regal so far is small balconies, no center staircase, no promenade deck, soot on the aft balconies... I need to start reading more positive threads, apparently :D