Who have you dined with that looks like or is a celebrity???

Embrace

:)

Hi ghstudio,

I absolutely agree with you about the advantages of Select Dining :).

I searched your posts to see if you started such a new thread but didn't see anything ..... Maybe you should think about it??? I'd be a follower - sounds really interesting :)

Yes, because of course when you do fixed dining, you get stuck with all the dull boring people who have never gone anywhere or done anything! :eek:

Yes, because of course when you do fixed dining, you get stuck with all the dull boring people who have never gone anywhere or done anything! :eek:

No one is dissing fixed dining....however if you choose to dine with others in select dining, you get the opportunity to talk with many different folks over dinner. There are pluses and minuses to both dining plans.

In my past career, I used to work with alot of celebrities.

I will say politicians were the worst.

I have very little respect for any of them except,

two noteworthy ones I did like,

The Govenor of Colorado at the time, Gov. Bill Owens,

and, a Secretary of State General Colin Powell.

Both of these guys were outstanding gentlemen.

Other real favorites were: Terry Bradshaw...what you see with that guy is exactly what he really is.

Cliff Robertson, one of the finest guys I ever met.

Once in a restaurant at a hotel we were staying in, he spotted me and,

and stood up and, said: "Hey Gary, come over and, eat with us.."

Everyone in there wonder who I was..

Jonathon Winters, an ex-Ohioan like me...so funny. I just loved that guy.

General Norman Schwartzkopf, a true wonderful man, that always gave me a "hard time" ;) because I was a NAVY guy and, proud of it...me flying the top ARMY guy around...

Too many to name, but, of the females, only Sally Field....I fell in love with her. ;)

No mention of less than favorite people, that did not impress me one bit...

Not on a cruise, but I went to grad school with Jill Biden.

and stood chatting with Sally Field in the Ladies' Room line in a New York Theater.

Helped Andrea McCardle (original Annie) get her parents situated in the disembarkation lounge.

I was on a cruise with Neil Armstrong and his wife, who had the staff announce that they "just wanted to be left alone." We were a group of 13 and had a GREAT time, while the two of them just sat quietly by themselves. . .this was on Crystal, and we went up the coast of Norway, stopping at "Phlem" and "Mold", across to the Shetland Islands, and down the east coast of Great Britain.

In my past career, I used to work with alot of celebrities.

I will say politicians were the worst.

I have very little respect for any of them except,

two noteworthy ones I did like,

The Govenor of Colorado at the time, Gov. Bill Owens,

and, a Secretary of State General Colin Powell.

Both of these guys were outstanding gentlemen.

Other real favorites were: Terry Bradshaw...what you see with that guy is exactly what he really is.

Cliff Robertson, one of the finest guys I ever met.

Once in a restaurant at a hotel we were staying in, he spotted me and,

and stood up and, said: "Hey Gary, come over and, eat with us.."

Everyone in there wonder who I was..

Jonathon Winters, an ex-Ohioan like me...so funny. I just loved that guy.

General Norman Schwartzkopf, a true wonderful man, that always gave me a "hard time" ;) because I was a NAVY guy and, proud of it...me flying the top ARMY guy around...

Too many to name, but, of the females, only Sally Field....I fell in love with her. ;)

No mention of less than favorite people, that did not impress me one bit...

Would have loved to have met Jonathon Winters , one of the funniest men in the world IMO.

My aunt worked for a theatrical agency (lawyers , agents etc) on Broadway for over 30 years. She met the greats, the near greats , the not so greats and everyone else in between .

She always said the "Legends" were usually the nicest because they knew who they were and didn't have to prove anything to anyone. It was the ones that a year ago were waiting tables and this year have a sitcom that thought who the hell they were .

For all they say about Barbra Streisand , My aunt met her several times from up and comer to superstar and found her to be very nice.

Ethel Merman was always very nice and could swear and tell jokes like a sailor *LOL*

Without a moments hesitation after all the years and celebrities she met , if you asked her who was the worst , she would say Lena Horne. Rude snotty and demanding.

Would have loved to have met Jonathon Winters , one of the funniest men in the world IMO.

My aunt worked for a theatrical agency (lawyers , agents etc) on Broadway for over 30 years. She met the greats, the near greats , the not so greats and everyone else in between .

She always said the "Legends" were usually the nicest because they knew who they were and didn't have to prove anything to anyone. It was the ones that a year ago were waiting tables and this year have a sitcom that thought who the hell they were .

For all they say about Barbra Streisand , My aunt met her several times from up and comer to superstar and found her to be very nice.

Ethel Merman was always very nice and could swear and tell jokes like a sailor *LOL*

Without a moments hesitation after all the years and celebrities she met , if you asked her who was the worst , she would say Lena Horne. Rude snotty and demanding.

Had just the opposite experience with Barbra Streisand. She was totally miserable to most everyone that worked for the company I worked for. Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, 50 Cent, Garth Brooks, Michael Jackson and Bruce Springsteen were some of the nicest celebrities I've met along the way. Edited by NLH Arizona

For "the rest of the story" as they say, about Jonathon Winters...

We were sitting at a very public seafood restaurant in Santa Barbara,

on State Street. And, 4 of us (2 flight crews) were sitting at a table right by the street window.

I saw Jonathon Winters walking toward the restaurant... I recognized him immediately, and, he saw that I did, so he walks UP to our window, presses his nose to the glass, to see what we are eating!

My friends could not believe it.

We all gave him a "thumbs up" and, he came inside..I think they were expecting him, because all hugged him, and, then, he came over to our table and, chatted a few minutes. That was when I told him, I used to watch him on local TV back in Ohio, in the 50's, when was I was "about 6". And, he laughed with us.....

Then, he went and joined a business associate, I assume, to talk...

That was my Jonathon Winters story from Santa Barbara. We were told he was a "regular" at that restaurant, and, he lived near by.

He was a true classic guy... :)

For "the rest of the story" as they say, about Jonathon Winters...

We were sitting at a very public seafood restaurant in Santa Barbara,

on State Street. And, 4 of us (2 flight crews) were sitting at a table right by the street window.

I saw Jonathon Winters walking toward the restaurant... I recognized him immediately, and, he saw that I did, so he walks UP to our window, presses his nose to the glass, to see what we are eating!

My friends could not believe it.

We all gave him a "thumbs up" and, he came inside..I think they were expecting him, because all hugged him, and, then, he came over to our table and, chatted a few minutes. That was when I told him, I used to watch him on local TV back in Ohio, in the 50's, when was I was "about 6". And, he laughed with us.....

Then, he went and joined a business associate, I assume, to talk...

That was my Jonathon Winters story from Santa Barbara. We were told he was a "regular" at that restaurant, and, he lived near by.

He was a true classic guy... :)

*LOL*

I can just picture him looking at you through the glass. :)

Him and Mel Brooks are the two people who could walk on a stage , tie their shoe, and walk off , and I would be hysterical laughing. :)

Many years ago on the Norway, the comedian that week was Frank Gorshen (original Riddler on Batman TV show) and stand-up performer. We started talking to a nice lady one day and come to find out she was his wife. We toured their VERY large suite and talked to her at some length. She even gave us several bottles of liquor that were in the cabin that they would not drink. This was in the days you could board a plane with a box of liquor bottles.

Most of the people I've cruised with have looked like Chris Christie, Kirstie Alley, John Goodman, Al Roker, Rush Limbaugh, or other Sumo wrestler types.

I would much rather cruise with people like these than someone as rude as you.

We once went on a cruise with a bunch of friends, one of which was single so he agreed to share a cabin with another passenger that booked similarly. I don't know if they still do this, it was on Carnival and many moons ago. Anyhow, his roommates name was Dewey. While we didn't hang out with Dewey all that much, he did join us a couple of times throughout the cruise for cocktails. So, after returning home, we were watching America's Most Wanted and guess who we saw? And....his name was Dewey....didn't even bother to change it for the cruise. Cannot even remember the crime he was accused of now....but still remember our friend bunked unknowingly with a fugitive. hahaha

Dewey Daniels??

........I did shop the Louis Vuitton store in Atlanta while Elton John was doing the same. :D ......

Jane, I can just picture you shopping in the Louis Vuitton store. Who did the most damage, you or Elton John? :D

Dewey Daniels??

ReneeFLL and CruiseRaider,

Just googled the name and came across an interesting interview by CBS with actor Scott Holroyd

"Before I let you go, I have to bring up the fact that you appeared in a re-enactment on America's Most Wanted. When was that?

SCOTT HOLROYD: [Laughs] That was in '93? I played a bag boy in a grocery store and the manager and I got locked in a meat locker, but we survived. He was a crooked cop named Dewey Daniels. He escaped from prison. He had been out for twenty years and they still couldn't find him, so they shot this episode hoping to find him. Even after we shot the episode, they still couldn't find him, so they kept showing it and showing it. And I keep getting paid. I hope justice is served, but if it's not...residuals are nice. "Run Dewey!" [Laughs] "

Jane, I can just picture you shopping in the Louis Vuitton store. Who did the most damage, you or Elton John? :D

LOL - I'm sure it was Elton although I didn't get to see the entirety of his purchase although I did see that shoes were involved - one of his body guards was handling the transaction at the counter while Sir Elton relaxed on the sofa. :D I could have easily spoke to him - there wasn't anyone else around but I'm not one to intrude so I just smiled and moved on.

Most of the people I've cruised with have looked like Chris Christie, Kirstie Alley, John Goodman, Al Roker, Rush Limbaugh, or other Sumo wrestler types.

And WOW - rude much? So we bash people based on their weight, shows yourself to be a very small person. P.S. - Have you seen Al Roker lately because he is looking very fit and trim. :p

I cruised FOTS with Danny Partridge. When I heard that he and his fan club were going to be on our sailing, I was worried it would have been too invasive. I saw him do a few photo ops throughout the ship, but that was it. No rowdy danny partridge fans to upset our cruise.

On our last Disney cruise, there were (apparently) a few famous pro athletes on board, but I had no idea who they were and would not have recognized them if they were seated across the table from me.

My husband and I dined one night with a fellow passenger that was the image of David Niven. It was uncanny. Even down to his moustache. When we mentioned this to him he said he was always being told this and had got used to it.

On our last Disney cruise, there were (apparently) a few famous pro athletes on board, but I had no idea who they were and would not have recognized them if they were seated across the table from me.

On our last Disney cruise we didn't see any famous athletes but we did see a much more famous celebrity---Mickey Mouse!!!