premium package - disappointed

Just boarded the Indy. Very excited but very disappointed to find that bottled water is NOT included in the Premium drinks package. On the website when booking it included it but the summary sheet in the stateroom says not. It was one of the deciding factors. I would've brought water onboard if I'd have known. Feel ripped off.

Just boarded the Indy. Very excited but very disappointed to find that bottled water is NOT included in the Premium drinks package. On the website when booking it included it but the summary sheet in the stateroom says not. It was one of the deciding factors. I would've brought water onboard if I'd have known. Feel ripped off.

Show them this:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/royal/en_US/pdf/beverage_packages.pdf

Edited by clarea

Yes, OP. Bottled water you can get from most of the bars and places to eat are included. Just not the Evian as mentioned above. Its some off brand I think but we had no trouble getting it at Cafe Promenade or any of the bars on board Oasis...

Was on IOS in April and did the premium package and got bottled water at every bar. The huge Evian bottle water is not included but the smaller generic bottle water is. Make sure that you are asking for that and you will be fine.

Maybe you should ask at a bar before getting so upset.

Is it misinformation in the statroom or just incomplete information?

Might the info in the stateroom trying to say the bottled water in the minibar is not included?

That is the most plausible explanation. We'll see if they come back to post.

Is it misinformation in the statroom or just incomplete information?

Might the info in the stateroom trying to say the bottled water in the minibar is not included?

This was also my thought. I've read that the bottles left in the stateroom are not included, but you can get bottled water everwhere else.

jayblue RCCL cruiser

"Excluded are speciality coffees, mini bar items, canned sodas, bottled water/juice and souvenier glassware"

That is pretty straightforward. I would definitely take that up with Guest Services, hopefully it is a misprint.

"Excluded are speciality coffees, mini bar items, canned sodas, bottled water/juice and souvenier glassware"

That definitely contradicts what is published on their website. I think you need to take a trip to Guest Services -- hopefully you have something with you that shows everything that should be included.

Just slightly off topic. When we were on Independence in June the small bottles of water they had in the bars were the brand Cristaline . You can get 6 bottles for 99p in the 99p shop on the high street in Southampton.;)

I was gobsmacked when I saw them in the bars, don't know how much they would have

charged me if I wanted one!

Edited by heatherb1958

Just slightly off topic. When we were on Independence in June the small bottles of water they had in the bars were the brand Cristaline . You can get 6 bottles for 99p in the 99p shop on the high street in Southampton.;)

I was gobsmacked when I saw them in the bars, don't know how much they would have

charged me if I wanted one!

Maybe it's different when Indy is in the UK, but when based in the US, they do not sell the small (500ml) bottles of water individually. They only sell the 1L bottles for around $4 each. For that price, I can get 24 500ml bottles at a store here.

maybe she wanted sparking water...or it was a language barrier....

She quoted the sentence exactly off the sheet in the stateroom. I don't see how it could be a language barrier. Hopefully we will get an update about what happened.

Even though you have provided us with the wording that was left in your cabin, I would head to a bar and ask for a bottle of water, show your ID for the beverage package you have purchased and see what happens.

In advance of that you could go to Guest Services, with what was left in your statement and ask for an explanation, since you purchased the beverage package with the understanding that water was included.

At worst, they will refund your money(if you do it on the FIRST day).....but somehow there may be a misunderstanding of what is or is not included.

Relax, everyone. If first_time_dav wants to pursue this at Guest Services, Bob has provided the link to the Royal Caribbean website which clearly puts bottled water in the Premium Package.

The ball is now in the OP's court.

:)

I'm on this cruise and have the premium package and bottled water is not a problem.

Although I feel for the people who are still missing thei luggage. Three items apparently. And were still sitting at the dock waiting for the coach in Gibraltar. Was told it was running 15 minutes late, it's now 30 minutes late.