Info Received Today re the Oasis Drydock

I guess I would be one to miss the VCL, too.

But I can understand the thought to either eliminate or shrink it- it's barely used. On our recent cruise in July, there were very, very few people up there. The space could easily be used more effectively.

VCL is the best place on any Royal Caribbean ship. Well after the bed;)

Who was your steward? Was it Derry and Lionel Ritchie?

Who ever it is, if you want to have a by of fun tell them that Andrew, Lisa and Owen from Canada say hello. We know almost all the deck 17 stewards.

Hope you had an amazing cruise and enjoyed your loft suite.

We had Rohan and Ali. We enjoyed the suite so much we booked it for spring break in March 2015 -- we found out about the drydock changes fom them when we told them we'd be back in 7 months.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Don't you consider a room steward a cruise line official? :D Just kidding! I have not heard or seen any official announcements from higher up Royal Caribbean staffers. You would think changes of that kind would be announced by Mr. Goldstein or maybe the VP of Hotel Operations.

I agree! However, the fact that he had already received the information in connection with his post-drydock room assignments made me take his information so seriously.

I thought Seafood Shack was going to be removed.

That's what I had heard. Many have said we're getting a Margaritaville and another said the contract was loss on it. Heard it was getting that hot dog place as well. Guess I'll find out Nov 1st! :D

I agree! However, the fact that he had already received the information in connection with his post-drydock room assignments made me take his information so seriously.

The info that he had might very well be correct. I was only thinking that that kind of info would have been put out in a press release by someone high up in the Royal Caribbean food chain.

We had Rohan and Ali. We enjoyed the suite so much we booked it for spring break in March 2015 -- we found out about the drydock changes fom them when we told them we'd be back in 7 months.

I wonder if you just got Ronan and Ali fired for either spreading a big time rumor or having loose lips about unannounced Oasis changes?

I wonder if you just got Ronan and Ali fired for either spreading a big time rumor or having loose lips about unannounced Oasis changes?

Oh, my! I hope not! They certainly didn't act like it was a big secret, they were excited to tell me about it.

It just seems strange they would add 40 more rooms when they rarely sail at full capacity....The Presidential suite to 2 RS I get...but the CL lounge area would be mostly interior rooms...

And with the new 3 drink vouchers system for D, D+ and Pins, to not take away public lounges from the general guests, its seems removing this large public lounge makes little or no sense.

Besides if this new lounge was going to be just for suites...where would the D+ and Pins go...not the tiny Diamond Lounge....it only holds 40 or so guests....

Not sure what to think....I guess we will find out soon enough.

Edited by robandana

It looks like the information I received was the same information another passenger received from the Oasis activities director and a loft attendant back in July. The other passenger, Sorcerer Tim, posted his info on July 27th in the "Interesting News on the Oasis of the Seas Post Dry Dock" thread.

(Sorry, I haven't figured out how to link to the thread!)

It looks like the information I received was the same information another passenger received from the Oasis activities director and a loft attendant back in July. The other passenger, Sorcerer Tim, posted his info on July 27th in the "Interesting News on the Oasis of the Seas Post Dry Dock" thread.

(Sorry, I haven't figured out how to link to the thread!)

Here you go, its post #12

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2077546

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

Nice to see they provide the room stewards with such detailed information on shipboard design changes. Too bad they didn't seem to tell anyone else.

:eek::eek: I guess RCCL Cruisers are the last to know.

Edited by Folk Singer

Glad you enjoyed yourselves. Sounds like you were well taken care of. The loft attendants are all great!

Has this information been confirmed by cruise line officials? I am by no means questioning that this is what the OP was told, but it seems that the scope of this work is a lot more than what is generally accomplished in a two week drydock. I know when they added the cabins and restaurants to the Navigator, they needed every minute of the month they were allocated, and then some. It also seems like if the Oasis was to be undergoing these kind of changes they would be promoting them, just as they have with all the other refurbishments.

I'm pretty sure that the crew has a standing game going on about who can get the passengers to believe the best rumor and post it on cruise critic. I think they get points for every rumor mentioned online, plus points for creativity.

I'm pretty sure that the crew has a standing game going on about who can get the passengers to believe the best rumor and post it on cruise critic. I think they get points for every rumor mentioned online, plus points for creativity.

:rolleyes:

Hmmmmm.

Makes you wonder.

Safe travels.

Interesting rumor, reasonably plausible too. Would not take too much to convert some or all of the VCL into a C lounge. Prefab cabins can also be installed fairly quickly? Interesting info.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

One thing I have learned very well over the years is that I don't believe any rumors until they are actually completed and can be confirmed. I really believe that crew start rumors so things like this continually happen. I have seen very few rumors become reality!!!!!!!! IMHO!!!!!!

Smitty