Eggs Benedict on Princess?

The O Mariners

They do serve it in the main dining room for breakfast, but I don't believe its every day. Also serve a very good eggs florentine. I don't usually do the buffet, but I believe it's also served there. In Sabbitini's you can have anything you want for breakfast, my favorite way to start the day,but I was only able to partake in 2 out of my last 6 cruises......

I'm with you!!! Eggs Benedict is a dish that makes life worth living! It is served in the dining room for breakfast but it's not on the menu every day. I've occasionally had success asking for, and getting it when it's not on that day's listing. Usually it's quite good though now and again it seems to have spent too much time under a heat lamp. Sometimes you'll even find it Horizon Court! I've never been on the CB but my guess is that my experience on other Princess ships will hold true for you.

Happy Cruising and Bon Apetit!

I love eggs benedict too. I have had them in the main dining room (can't remember which ship--I think it was the Crown) and they were very good. My experience on the Royal in the buffet however was not so good. Even when I waited for a fresh tray to come out from the galley the eggs were more like soft/hard boiled rather than poached. It was very disappointing but maybe someone was just trying to tell me that I should have been eating fruit and yogart for breakfast :p

They are certainly available in the MDR certain days and if memory serves me correctly they are a fixture on the left page of the menu. However, the quality can range from very good to something less, depending how long they have been sitting waiting for you.

Thanks so much for your informative replies!! VERY helpful! Loved the suggestions about the balcony and dining rooms. My husband is an excellent cook. One of his specialties is making Eggs Benedict on some Sunday mornings-- But it would be so nice for him to be able to enjoy without all the preparation and washing the many dishes afterward!

We will be on the CB for the 5 day leaving October 18th.

For anyone who has never had Eggs Benedict---- it IS a luxurious dish to start the day!:D

Thanks so much for your informative replies!! VERY helpful! Loved the suggestions about the balcony and dining rooms. My husband is an excellent cook. One of his specialties is making Eggs Benedict on some Sunday mornings-- But it would be so nice for him to be able to enjoy without all the preparation and washing the many dishes afterward!

For anyone who has never had Eggs Benedict---- it IS a luxurious dish to start the day!:D

And it perfectly accompanies a Bloody Mary.:D:D

On our last cruise, Eggs Benedict was served in the MDR, but not every morning. The morning we went to the MDR, we sat at a table for 15 minutes and no one ever came to take our order. They were so understaffed. :( We left. But we make Eggs Benedict at home, so it wasn't a completely loss to us. Of course, it is nice to have someone do the dishes. ;) This was on the Pacific Princess Transatlantic.

I love eggs benedict too. I have had them in the main dining room (can't remember which ship--I think it was the Crown) and they were very good. My experience on the Royal in the buffet however was not so good. Even when I waited for a fresh tray to come out from the galley the eggs were more like soft/hard boiled rather than poached. It was very disappointing but maybe someone was just trying to tell me that I should have been eating fruit and yogart for breakfast :p

One of my favorite splurges on a cruise! Are you saying they serve them pre-made in the buffet? That seems rather odd. On other cruise lines, they're made to order. Next month will be my first Princess cruise, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for a good Benedict!

For breakfast in the MDR, there are a list of always available items on the left side of the menu and two daily special items on the right side. Eggs Benedict are sometimes available as one of the two daily special items.

Eggs Benedict are also available in the MDR for lunch as part of the brunch menu. I believe they are available every day for lunch.

agree with putter dude....sometimes they just wait under the heat lamp way too long...and the muffins tend to be limp and last time I had it...which was July....it was NOT Canadian bacon...just a slice of deli ham and skimpy on the Hollandaise....and that was in the MDR.....I will try again, but not too hopeful....:confused:

I'm sorry to say that the eggs benedict, in the MDR on Princess, is the worst I have ever had.

• english muffin not toasted.
  • Can't seem to get the eggs cooked the way you like them.
  • One tablespoon of sauce put on top, then placed in the salamander to brown.

When I asked for more sauce, I was told I could not get any, as the sauce was cold and they warmed it up by putting it in the salamander. It was a dry horrid mess. I have been on 6 different Princess ships and it has been the same on all. :(

At least in the Horizon Court they will get you more sauce. But by the time it arrives you have already finished everything else on your plate and the eggs are cold.

I guess you will just have to judge for yourself.

I've read that the EB is an excellent breakfast in Sabatini's. The last time I had it in MDR I ended up wishing I had ordered something else. It had apparently been cooked sometime in the previous decade... The waiter was great though and we had a good time talking with him and hearing about his grandmother and the good things she cooks.

I love Eggs Benedict. I didn't love what I was served in MDR. I ate it but that's about all I can say about it other than, "Bleh..."

I'm sorry to say that the eggs benedict, in the MDR on Princess, is the worst I have ever had.

• english muffin not toasted.
  • Can't seem to get the eggs cooked the way you like them.
  • One tablespoon of sauce put on top, then placed in the salamander to brown.

When I asked for more sauce, I was told I could not get any, as the sauce was cold and they warmed it up by putting it in the salamander. It was a dry horrid mess. I have been on 6 different Princess ships and it has been the same on all. :(

Someone on another thread said the way they resolved the sauce issue was to ask for it on the side. They said it wasn't a mess that way and it was properly warmed up. Don't know if it will work that way on every ship, but, we are going to try it on our next cruise.

IF your husband is an excellent cook, chances are the Bennies served in the main dining room will be a disappointment. Those in Sabatini's are worth indulging, the ones in the main dining room, not so much. But give them a try, you might get lucky and find the Hollandaise freshly made and the eggs not poached to soft boiled stage.

I am very fussy about my Hollandaise, and hate to waste calories on ones that are not excellent and freshly made.