Not So Priority VIFP

rick&james

So sitting in the Priority Lounge Waiting to get checked in and there is a longer line for Priority than there is the regular line Carnival Needs to rethink the FTTF because as a Diamond Member I'm not sure what's so special about this....1hr wait to check in really lol I'm going to use the reg line...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

FTTF do not get to use the lounges it general seating with regulars

there must be a lot of diamonds and plats on your cruise, they will only sell the FTTF pass in lots of 15, Truly there can not be a lot of FTTF that are making the line up a lot longer. they only get to get on the ship after weddings, diamonds and plats ,, then FTTF .

enjoy your cruise go to the welcome aboard show and come back and tell us how many diamond and plats are on the cruise. :D

Edited by seeing this world

It is a mess in Fort Lauderdale, too. They put Diamond, Platinum, FTTF, handicap, wedding parties, etc all in one room, and call everyone at one time. There were so many people that they didn't have enough chairs and some people were required to find alternative seating.

It all depends. I know on the Pride reposition cruise there are at least 45 FTTF... they have put out three groups over the months.

They did the same with our Splendor repo next Saturday. And they sold those months ago. So, if it's based on # of Plat/Diam sailing, how could they possible know 8-10 months before sail date how many of those folks will be booked?

Thing is, in San Juan, you don't even sail until 10 pm, so there's this HUGE window in which people can check-in and board. But Carnival sells more and more FTTFs, so everyone wants to arrive at the port early and crams the place full. And then we sit and wait. :(

there must be a lot of diamonds and plats on your cruise, they will only sell the FTTF pass in lots of 15, Truly there can not be a lot of FTTF that are making the line up a lot longer. they only get to get on the ship after weddings, diamonds and plats ,, then FTTF .

enjoy your cruise go to the welcome aboard show and come back and tell us how many diamond and plats are on the cruise. :D

Seating areas vary, depending on the port and, as noted, Carnival DOES sell more than 15. People are always coming here a couple of weeks before their cruise and bragging about how FTTF was sold out and now there's plenty available.

Edited by NCTribeFan

It all depends. I know on the Pride reposition cruise there are at least 45 FTTF... they have put out three groups over the months.

Between this report and the Sunshine TA, I'm not so sure they limit it when there are unusually high numbers of Platinum guests. Transatlantic cruises and repositioning cruisers typically attract those who are older and have status with the cruise line that can take off longer than two weeks at a time. If they truly limited it, we wouldn't hear of these reports on two of the longest Carnival cruises that were offered since FTTF launched.

Edited by Disconnections

As others have said, they sell more the 15 cabins with FTTF as we have seen on many cruises. However, even if they only sold 15, if there were 4 to a cabin, that that's 60 people... so, yes FTTF can make the lines longer as well as a lot of Platinum or diamond cruisers.

Yes this cruise is the special Deal cruise they offered earlier this summer for the 100 inside/140 Oceanview 8 day 1st Part Repositioning cruise to San Juan Then Miami.. So I expected a higher amount but they grouped all the priority people including the FTTF it was a madhouse

I don't buy fttf to sit in a waiting area. I buy it so that whenever I choose to arrive there is absolutely no wait and my cabin is ready and I can access it through the closed hallway doors. And so I can use the prioroty line at Guest Services.

And as fast as we get through the process so far our luggage has gotten to the cabin even faster.

I am not sitting on the lido deck feeling special. I am unpacking and exploring long before muster and being very thankful Carnival has this option.

It is a mess in Fort Lauderdale, too. They put Diamond, Platinum, FTTF, handicap, wedding parties, etc all in one room, and call everyone at one time. There were so many people that they didn't have enough chairs and some people were required to find alternative seating.

When we sailed out of FLL this Summer, the plats, diamonds, and suites were in the lounge. FTTF sat in a separate section over by the vending machines. And there was only about 30 of us or so. Others might have arrived later. But boarding was a mess. And that was at least in part to folks not listening to the email that said not to arrive until noon. I was one of them :p Got there at 11:00 and didn't board until 12:40. Still we went after the folks in the lounge, so it was in correct order once boarding started!

Edited by cruizinisthebest

i don't buy fttf to sit in a waiting area. I buy it so that whenever i choose to arrive there is absolutely no wait and my cabin is ready and i can access it through the closed hallway doors. And so i can use the prioroty line at guest services.

And as fast as we get through the process so far our luggage has gotten to the cabin even faster.

I am not sitting on the lido deck feeling special. I am unpacking and exploring long before muster and being very thankful carnival has this option.

So sitting in the Priority Lounge Waiting to get checked in and there is a longer line for Priority than there is the regular line Carnival Needs to rethink the FTTF because as a Diamond Member I'm not sure what's so special about this....1hr wait to check in really lol I'm going to use the reg line...

We had the same thing happen on the Splendor out of NY last May. We arrived with two other couples who went through the zone system and actually boarded earlier than us There was no where to sit in the lounge, and they registered people on a list that did not prioritize diamonds or Plats, bt was first come.

What port?

In Miami, FTTF does not check in at the same place Platinum /Diamond do.

Yes this cruise is the special Deal cruise they offered earlier this summer for the 100 inside/140 Oceanview 8 day 1st Part Repositioning cruise to San Juan Then Miami.. So I expected a higher amount but they grouped all the priority people including the FTTF it was a madhouse

This is why so many of us were upset with Carnival when they rolled at the FTTF. It wasn't FTTF, it was all about a few extra bucks in Carnival pocket. I would be pretty upset with Carnival, the FTTF people only took advantage of the deal. FTTF are suppose to board after Diamond and Platinum passengers. Put up a stink and see what happens.

This is why so many of us were upset with Carnival when they rolled at the FTTF. It wasn't FTTF, it was all about a few extra bucks in Carnival pocket. I would be pretty upset with Carnival, the FTTF people only took advantage of the deal. FTTF are suppose to board after Diamond and Platinum passengers. Put up a stink and see what happens.

Step back and read this again... This seems incredibly petty... Is getting aggravated because a few people MAY get on board before you that big of a deal? You are still getting to go directly to your cabin which never existed before. That alone should have all of you praising this limited program. Also to complain about being upset about a "few extra bucks in Carnival pockets" seems very short sighted. They are a for profit business who are doing what they need to do to generate additional revenue. These type of "extras" keep the fare lower for everyone.

Is "putting up a stink" about someone boarding before you the best way to start your vacation? Even if it was 60 people, what would that be... an extra 15-20 minutes?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I don't buy fttf to sit in a waiting area. I buy it so that whenever I choose to arrive there is absolutely no wait and my cabin is ready and I can access it through the closed hallway doors. And so I can use the prioroty line at Guest Services.

I am not sitting on the lido deck feeling special. I am unpacking and exploring long before muster and being very thankful Carnival has this option.

I am right there with this poster. I don't buy it to sit in the waiting area or even to get on the ship faster. Having my room ready and luggage there. Being able to use the priority line at guest services and getting to get on the tender whenever we want IS the biggest reasons we buy it.

Agreed. There are only FIFTEEN FTTF cabins.

Not true. They open them to sell 15 at a time, but there are more released when they figure out how many Platinum and Diamond there are on the ship. Lots of the, very few FTTF. Few of them lots of FTTF on the ship.

When we sailed out of FLL this Summer, the plats, diamonds, and suites were in the lounge. FTTF sat in a separate section over by the vending machines. And there was only about 30 of us or so. Others might have arrived later. But boarding was a mess. And that was at least in part to folks not listening to the email that said not to arrive until noon. I was one of them :p Got there at 11:00 and didn't board until 12:40. Still we went after the folks in the lounge, so it was in correct order once boarding started!

When we sailed out of FLL in Feb, 2013, it was the first cruise on the Freedom to use FTTF. The suites, Platinum/Diamond were in the lounge. FTTF sat with the rest of the people in the general waiting area. The only difference is that we had "Priority" boarding cards. They called the people from the lounge, then handicapped/wedding parties, then Priority which was FTTF.