New Ovation ship/Where will she sail in 2016?

hollon

Not revealed yet.

This is the 100% correct answer! No one... and likely not even the highest authority within RCL itself... knows yet. Heck it looks like Quantum deployment to China was decided in the last hour by Goldstien and the higher-ups in the company.

However there's been excellent discussion with assumptions and rumors in the "future deployment guessing" thread on this board. The 2016 assumption is:

• Quantum stays in China
  • Anthem continues it's 2015 schedule with year round sailings from Bayonne
  • Ovation home ports in Southampton, does a transatlantic, and runs winter Caribbean cruises out of Fort Lauderdale (this is what Anthem was supposed to do before being sent to Bayonne... Anthem sent to Bayonne only because Q was sent to China)

Again, the above only assumptions by CC'ers here on this board, we're only guessing :)

If Ovation winters in Fort Lauderdale, what happens to Oasis or Allure? I can't imagine Florida can support three Oasis Class ships in the winter, even if one home ports in Port Canaveral.

I also wonder about the third (or fourth) Quantum Class ship. Will Florida ports never host one of those?

Ovation is a Quantum Class ship. There have been no announcements of a 4th Quantum Class ship as of yet.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

The Star understands 2017 could also be a big season with next-generation Quantum class cruise ships capable of carrying more than 4000 passengers expected in Dunedin.

Port Otago manager Peter Brown said the port's pilots would be carrying out computer simulations to determine whether these ships could safely dock in Dunedin. These were due to be completed by the end of the month

http://www.odt.co.nz/news/dunedin/320013/good-news-cruise-line

Sounds like Sydney Australia will get one to me.:)

Alaska! Alaska! Alaska!!!!

That would surprise me as some of the glacier areas are very tight. I wonder if Celebrity has every had a Solstice class ship doing Alaska? If so, then I'd guess Quantum class could make it too.

That would surprise me as some of the glacier areas are very tight. I wonder if Celebrity has every had a Solstice class ship doing Alaska? If so, then I'd guess Quantum class could make it too.

That would make sense with the Dunedin New Zealand testing for Quantum Class.

Celebrity Solstice has done Alaska the last two summers, and will return in 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by mac_tlc