Beef Wellington on Princess?

Buck Turgidson

I cannot remember if Princess serves Beef Wellington on their ships. It is one of my favorites and I am hoping during our ten day Mexican Riviera on the Star Princess they serve it.

I just got off the Star Mexican Riviera cruise and they served beef wellington in the MDR. I always check out the HC before going to the MDR to see which is the better dinner given that the HC is much faster than the MDR. It was not offered in the HC. It was the second formal night which is the middle day of the three sea day sail back to San Francisco.

BTW the Star is now on its way to HI and will be going to a 10 day dry dock when the ship returns to SF. You will have a refurbished ship.

I just got off the Star Mexican Riviera cruise and they served beef wellington in the MDR. I always check out the HC before going to the MDR to see which is the better dinner given that the HC is much faster than the MDR. It was not offered in the HC. It was the second formal night which is the middle day of the three sea day sail back to San Francisco.

BTW the Star is now on its way to HI and will be going to a 10 day dry dock when the ship returns to SF. You will have a refurbished ship.

Just curious, when was the 1st formal night? My DH also loves the beef Wellington, glad to know it is still served.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe we should rethink our attendance re the 2nd formal night.

Is the Bombe Alaska served on the last night or the last formal night? We seem to miss that one too :o

The Baked Alaska is typically on the last night. On our Alaska Inside Passage cruises the last night was a late arrive in Victoria. The Baked Alaska was served the night before.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Maybe we should rethink our attendance re the 2nd formal night.

Is the Bombe Alaska served on the last night or the last formal night? We seem to miss that one too :o

Last night on 10 day cruise on the Star this past week.

Beef Wellington, properly prepared, is delicious. Tried it once on a ship, never again.

Just had it on the Star Sat. night and it was very good. The beef was moist and tender...really enjoyed it.

28 years ago on our honeymoon we stayed at Elbow beach in Bermuda. One night they served Beef Wellington it was delicious. We noticed after booking our cruise that it's on the menu. Hopefully my wife won't be disappointed she's been waiting 28 years.

I'm pretty sure the Beef Wellington on Princess is the reason my husband requested we sail on Emerald Princess vs. Navigator of the Seas for our winter caribbean cruise. lol.

I agree with others, on our last cruise (Island in Alaska), it was on the 2nd formal night along with the lobster. That was perfect for us...I love lobster night, which he does not care for and he loves Beef Wellington which I do not care for..Win/Win.

I didn't realize it was served in HC. I'll make sure NOT to mention that to him. Otherwise, we'll be going there and I won't get my lobster :o