Royal Caribbean Conciege Lounge Crowding

KatnBob

The 'Pin Wearers' took over the central area of the CL on our Adventure Baltic cruise.

I can live with a bit of superiority if you have made D+ but it was the goading of other mainly suite guests that they were in there on the cheapest inside cabin and we'd paid for suites etc etc that irritated me.

The higher levels of C & A really seems to bring out the worst in some people....

Unfortunately, people like that don't need a "pin" to be obnoxious. They swim in the shallow end of the gene pool no matter where they are:rolleyes:

Actually, I think most of the posters are right based on the type of cruising that they generally do.

I've observed on a "normal" cruise it generally doesn't seem to be as much of an issue. On a TA, Holiday or popular repo cruise, the CL gets pretty "ego crowded" for our taste and we will avoid it in the evenings like an Ebola ward.

I've been D+ for years and have never once worn my pin. I know who I am.

The Concierge Lounge on the Freedom gets busy for sure, and I've seen the folks sporting their C&A pins for all to see as well as occupying a lot of the seats. I may be the exception here, as not only am I D+, I also sail in full suites 99% of the time. I guess I could sail in the cheapest cabin and still enjoy all the perks of my status, but I choose not to.

Bottom line is this: BOTH the suite guests and the C&A D+ and higher have every right to use and enjoy the lounge - neither one should have to justify their presence or make the other feel uncomfortable.

Ususally it's the suite guests that are loud, ignorant, boisterous and obnoxious, not to mention glutinous and dressed like they are still at the beach......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's time that D+ members are put out of the CL and moved to the DL. The Cl should be for suite guests and P members only

Oasis is currently the first ship that is re-vamping the lounges and there will be no more CL soon. Just a suite/pinnacle lounge and diamond lounge for D and D+. This has been reported here, and often from those just off the ship.

I'll bet this is the future for some other ships too. Especially since the 3 drink voucher came available, so for now-you might want to look at sailings on Oasis after February. [at least I think that's when it officially closes]

I also think this is going to happen. All they have to do is change the signs on all the ships from CL to Suite Lounge.

Even though I have reached that level I don't often go to the concierge lounge because of the crowding. The noise is created by the small room with too many voices going at once. So you get a situation where you have to talk progressively louder to be heard. We just head to the Diamond lounge which is generally bigger and has an overflow into the surrounding bars. We still get whatever drink we want. Amazing what that initial tip will do. The snacks are neither here nor there to me. I'm eating in a couple hours anyway.

Have you heard about the new Pinnacle Plus category? I've begun wearing my Pinnacle Plus pin on every cruise. I designed it myself. When one of the obnoxious ones mention the pin I just say "Don't you know what it is?" and move on. It makes them completely crazy.

Fortunately with over 400 nights at sea I've only run across a few who are obnoxious. Just like anywhere else I just ignore them.

I've have met many very nice folks. Don't let the snobs get to you.

It's time that D+ members are put out of the CL and moved to the DL. The Cl should be for suite guests and P members only
Totally agree. Easy change as many of the DL are actually called 'Diamond Club' if anyone bothers to read the sign next to the door!

The CL on both Voyager and Freedom class ships are far too small for the number of D+, Pinnacle and Suite guests IMHO.

We have experienced boorish behaviour from all levels of C&A members, it isn't just D+ and up. Although I did take great exception by the comment by a Pinnacle member that we were the reason the CL was full with no available seats as we were lowly Diamond members at the time, despite being in a grand suite! So much so I had a meeting with the guest services manager and got a future cruise credit against the fare we paid for our suite as we were unable to enjoy all the benefits of the facilities normally available for paying a premium.

Oh and BTW we are now D+ but didn't get pins, and I wouldn't wear one if I had one, and now that drinks vouchers are loaded onto our Seapass cards, there's even less reason to visit the CL. Don't even have to go into the DL if we don't want (there are boorish people in there too, trust me).

Ususally it's the suite guests that are loud, ignorant, boisterous and obnoxious, not to mention glutinous and dressed like they are still at the beach......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Really? Such a generalisation. Although I really enjoy going to the beach dressed like this [emoji1]

ead2dab7a06035e2dfc7cd256ee6392e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by peteukmcr

On the Navigator a couple of years ago was our first Suite. We did go to the CL and it was really crowded. There was a group of guests in one section. We looked around and they looked at us and said " Hey guys...there are a couple of seats by us". I was surprised since I had heard such horror stories. We ended up sitting in the CL with them every night. Nice people. Doesn't mean we didn't see a couple with turdish behavior but we just ignored them.

In my experience in some guests, a small minority I'm sure, the higher levels of the C & A does go to people heads and it brings out the worst in them.

In every part of society there are people who take an achievement (as if spending enough money on cruises to get to D+ or Pinnacle can be called an achievement) and demonstrate that they are not worthy of it.

I never used to wear my Pinnacle pin, but now that they've removed the designation from the Set Sail passes, I'll wear it to prove that I'm allowed in any priority boarding line that may exist.:) And then it will sail in the safe.

Crowded lounges.....

Well Yeah

We go early get a seat and a couple drinks before the old 6pm dinner seating.

When "some" (no matter what C & A level or cabin status) arrive later and find no seats.............well............um....................most venues on a ship get crowded if you wait long enough.

So, there may not be any seats at the instant you want it...........but you wait a little or maybe go a little earlier, you can have any seat.

I think it is a great idea to have separate lounges, this way more people can be happy...........................................and those that will not, may never be.

Sea Ya

In every part of society there are people who take an achievement (as if spending enough money on cruises to get to D+ or Pinnacle can be called an achievement) and demonstrate that they are not worthy of it.

I never used to wear my Pinnacle pin, but now that they've removed the designation from the Set Sail passes, I'll wear it to prove that I'm allowed in any priority boarding line that may exist.:) And then it will sail in the safe.

And THAT is a whole different thread! Was rather frustrating trying to justify being in the priority boarding line last month! With nothing on the Set Sail pass, pretty much all anyone in line could do was say "yes, we really are _______ C&A members! The folks looking at ID and Set Sail pretty much gave up and waived everyone through.

It doesn't really make sense to have 2 nearly identical lounges. They should consolidate and make one room for Diamond and Suite guests. During the evening happy hour, they can reserve a larger room for both and provide the drink coupons on the cards. There should be plenty of room for everyone....they can better utilize the lounge space and personnell...and they can eliminate crowding....it's a win-win-win, and seems to be a no-brainer.

It doesn't really make sense to have 2 nearly identical lounges. They should consolidate and make one room for Diamond and Suite guests.

They have on Oasis, 1 lounge for ALL Diamonds or D+

PC and can go in or go to the Deck 17 Suite lounge as well.

That won't happen until early 2016 which is when we'll be taking our first cruise as D+. They kicked the D's out shortly before our first cruise as diamond & I expect the same will happen when we reach the next tier.

Getting back to the original issue, we have also encountered the bores & the braggarts and although they may not be the majority, they really do have a way of turning people off. When they're your first encounter with the higher tiers, people just don't want to go back so they don't ever get to meet the many good ones!

It doesn't really make sense to have 2 nearly identical lounges.They should consolidate and make one room for Diamond and Suite guests.

Oasis does not have two identical. The suite/pinnacle/gold card lounge seems to offer very different amenities then the diamond club lounge. There is a huge difference is the amount of sailing that a PC member has done verses Diamond. Hence why you will see two very different lounges. Again, I'd look to the future and just guess what you think will happen almost fleet wide.

Consolidation and one big room is not the way they will go at all. They've made that statement with Oasis.

Funny, I've been on many cruises and have NEVER heard this type of conversation. I've spoken with many lovely people in both the concierge and diamond lounges and have no idea of their C&A status or their particular accommodations.

Strangely, in contrast to the original post, we went to the CL two nights on a recent Freedom cruise. The first night there was a nice size crowd, but still a few seats. The second time, we were the only people in there .

These Diamond-Pinaccle bashing posts seem to surface every few weeks or months. I don't know why.

M

I agree. Our last few visits to the CL on Freedom have been very quiet ! We must have timed it just right. It is nice to sit and chat with people, but if it ever gets to crowded, we head to a different bar to relax! We usually sail in a suite, and are D+ but have never felt that gives us special privileges . I prefer the Schooner bar to the CL anyway.

That won't happen until early 2016 which is when we'll be taking our first cruise as D+. They kicked the D's out shortly before our first cruise as diamond & I expect the same will happen when we reach the next tier.

Getting back to the original issue, we have also encountered the bores & the braggarts and although they may not be the majority, they really do have a way of turning people off. When they're your first encounter with the higher tiers, people just don't want to go back so they don't ever get to meet the many good ones!

And they've accomplished their mission.