do you think that Oasis got ruined in drydock?

We were just on the Oasis and loved it.

we were standing in line for dinner and there was a woman in front of us talking with someone else about how they ruined the Oasis during drydock and somebody they were traveling with refused to go to the dining room anymore because they ruined the ship during drydock and they hoped they don't ruin the Allure during her upcoming drydock.

She was also saying how Royal is taking things from her as she is a diamond plus member and that she been loyal to Royal but they haven't been loyal to her.

So besides changing the dining rooms to have dynamic dining starting March and taking away the Viking lounge to add cabins how exactly did they ruin the ship?

Seemed great to me but I am not a loyal to Royal cruiser and we'd go on her again if we could score another good deal like we just had.

I am loyal to my wallet.:)

Bill

What they have ruined is my ability to compare Oasis and Allure. After twice on Allure I finally decided to try Oasis, but it will be a different Oasis! Then once I go on Oasis they will change Allure and I will have to go back there again. Damm them and their evil plots! :D

I do like traditional dining, but I'll remain open minded on DD. I did think the menus in the MDR were getting tired.

Ruined? Hardly. It's a wonderful ship. Sailed the Westbound TA after the changes and still found her a wonderful ship (sailed her several times previously, last time end of Aug 2014, so very recent comparison).

Don't know what she meant that RCI "took something away" from her, everything is still there. The only real difference is in loyalty lounge location for frequent cruisers, ie Diamond lounge to deck four, Concierge lounge revamped and a new suite only lounge added. Nothing was taken away, she has all the same privileges she had before- and new places to enjoy them! Lol.

The only significant change really was the repurposing of the Viking Crown lounge. On our previous sailings, this was virtually a waste of space. I know on other ship classes this lounge is busy and used day in and day out, simply not the case on Oasis class. VCL was very underutilized and virtually empty footage. So, they revamped it and now it's being used -new suites, new suite lounge and new suite restaurant. Problem solved.

Otherwise, the changes to the ship are minimal and all to the good, much prefer the Doghouse, the new decor for dining rooms is lovely and when the DD goes into effect, will make more sense.

We love her and will be sailing her again next year! Ruined?? Some people will complain about anything at all. Improved? Absolutely!

If the dining food when they make it Dynamic Dining is anything like I experienced on Quantum of the Seas a few weeks ago I will be happy. Thought food quality and presentation was much better. Wonderland specialty restaurant will be in the old Concierge Lounge deck 11/12 and that venue was a highlight on Quantum

They did take away some public balcony space on decks 11,12,14 to make some new Grand Suites.

I would not say at all they ruined her.... they also added Sabor on the Boardwalk to replace Seafood Shack and I really enjoyed Sabor and plan to go again on my Feb 7 sailing. They also added the very popular DogHouse on Boardwalk

Ruined? No drama there! And she hasn't even experienced DD yet.

I'll be honest, I'll miss the Viking Crown but whenever I went there it wasn't that busy compared to other venues during the evening. This is why it didn't surprise me to see it repurposed for suite guests, especially with what NCL is able to charge for (even the smallest) Haven suites on Breakaway class ships.

I'm sure her loyalty is appreciated, but the cruise industry isn't growing because of us long time cruisers. The Oasis and Quantum classes wouldn't even exist if it were up to long time cruisers to fill them, and new smaller ships aren't a good investment for Royal (but appear to be for Celebrity).

I love Royal, but it is a mass market line. Thankfully it still finds ways to differentiate itself from NCL and Carnival, which is all I care about. Cruising is cheaper than it ever has been, which I'll admit is both a blessing and a curse. Personally, as someone who is easy to please I'd rather have 3 "good" cruises a year than 2 "premium" ones that cost the same.

I'd rather upscale where I want via onboard (pay) add-ons than pay for things I wouldn't want/subsidize everyone else.

Ruined? Hardly. It's a wonderful ship. Sailed the Westbound TA after the changes and still found her a wonderful ship (sailed her several times previously, last time end of Aug 2014, so very recent comparison).

Don't know what she meant that RCI "took something away" from her, everything is still there. The only real difference is in loyalty lounge location for frequent cruisers, ie Diamond lounge to deck four, Concierge lounge revamped and a new suite only lounge added. Nothing was taken away, she has all the same privileges she had before- and new places to enjoy them! Lol.

The only significant change really was the repurposing of the Viking Crown lounge. On our previous sailings, this was virtually a waste of space. I know on other ship classes this lounge is busy and used day in and day out, simply not the case on Oasis class. VCL was very underutilized and virtually empty footage. So, they revamped it and now it's being used -new suites, new suite lounge and new suite restaurant. Problem solved.

Otherwise, the changes to the ship are minimal and all to the good, much prefer the Doghouse, the new decor for dining rooms is lovely and when the DD goes into effect, will make more sense.

We love her and will be sailing her again next year! Ruined?? Some people will complain about anything at all. Improved? Absolutely!

what she was alluding to with RCI taking away from her were Diamond + perks and not things on the ship.

We were only in line behind her for about 5 minutes but she was fired up.

The dining room food was the only downside on Oasis for us. While i can almost find something to eat my wife is a pick more scaled back as to what she likes.

The menus in the MDR on casual nights were a bit lacking, even for me. we only ate in the MDR on formal nights.

The always available or classics didn't even include steak on casual nights, but instead had angus sliders.

Mind you we didn't go hungry, that's for sure. We ate in Windjammer 3 times and Sabor twice.

Bill

And what perks have been "taken away" from Diamond Plus? None. Absolutely none. They are the same as they have been for a while now. And they definitely are "taking away" perks only one one specific ship. So, unless she had something to back it up, she's just whining for the sake of it. Perks haven't changed, and obviously, they are the same regardless of which ship...

And what perks have been "taken away" from Diamond Plus? None. Absolutely none. They are the same as they have been for a while now. And they definitely are "taking away" perks only one one specific ship. So, unless she had something to back it up, she's just whining for the sake of it. Perks haven't changed, and obviously, they are the same regardless of which ship...

i have no idea what perks she was referring to. All i know is she keep repeating that she was diamond plus. I have no idea what that even entails as we are lowly gold and just cruise to cruise, not gain status.

Bill

The menus in the MDR on casual nights were a bit lacking, even for me. we only ate in the MDR on formal nights.

The always available or classics didn't even include steak on casual nights, but instead had angus sliders.

That's unusual. The always available menu typically includes a steak (and a chicken breast and a pasta dish)

we were standing in line for dinner and there was a woman in front of us talking with someone else about how they ruined the Oasis during drydock and somebody they were traveling with refused to go to the dining room anymore because they ruined the ship during drydock and they hoped they don't ruin the Allure during her upcoming drydock.

Look, the people who say these sorts of things are typically biddies who can't stomach the idea of change. You don't like the changes to the ship but obviously have plenty of money and time to cruise elsewhere, but would rather stay put and complain? Yeah okay.

That's unusual. The always available menu typically includes a steak (and a chicken breast and a pasta dish)

If they had the steak option on casual nights we would have probably eaten there more often.

We went down to silk daily to look at the menus or looked at them on the touchscreens so we could decide if we would eat there or not.

Bill

From what I understand of the changes, she was probably referring to the fact the concierge lounge (which D+ members can utilise on other ships) doesn't exist and she'd have to use the relocated and larger diamond lounge. No taking away of perks from what I can see.

Lunch in the CL?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

She was also saying how Royal is taking things from her as she is a diamond plus member and that she been loyal to Royal but they haven't been loyal to her.

Bill

The concierge lounge, that no longer serves hot breakfast and lunch is closing[end of January I think] and will be turned into a for fee dining venue. The CL has been re-opened to a suite/pinnacle area and re-named suite lounge and coastal kitchen where the viking crown lounge was located so she has to find someplace else to have those meals on the ship.:eek:;)

So the person didnt eat for 7 days? good thats what they get for acting the fool.

There are plenty of places to eat on Oasis besides the MDR. If someone does not like a particular setting and they choose to avoid it how does that make them a fool?:confused::rolleyes:

Many people enjoy the VCL for a quiet place to read during the day, yet being indoors with a good view around you. With it being repurposed, those people will have to find another place...that may be difficult....but it shouldn't ruin someone's cruise.

On Allure, I did not like that utilizing the steam and sauna required a fee. On other ships it was free, even though it was not a plush space with lounge chairs -- it served the purpose I had for a steam or nice time to sit in the sauna. I did not pay for the spa services to entitle me to the steam and sauna and I feel that is wrong....in the end, I did not miss the steam and sauna, since I enjoyed other things on the ship.

MDR? Oasis has DD and no longer a MDR as far as I know. Are you talking about American Icon?

Oasis will not have Dynamic Dining until March 14. She is still using the dining rooms although they have been renamed Grande, SILK and American Icon. Menus are still the old ones.

We were just on the Oasis and loved it.

So besides changing the dining rooms to have dynamic dining starting March and taking away the Viking lounge to add cabins how exactly did they ruin the ship?

Seemed great to me but I am not a loyal to Royal cruiser and we'd go on her again if we could score another good deal like we just had.

I am loyal to my wallet.:)

Bill

Our first time on the Oasis and as D+. The most awesome cruise ever. Venues, crew, meals, entertainment, concierge in d lounge, cl lounge, suite lounge all fabulous. Come here to get wowed...we are staying another week! I will not allow those who feel entitled ruin my experience. When you treat people with kindness and respect and go looking for joy you usually find it.

what she was alluding to with RCI taking away from her were Diamond + perks and not things on the ship.

We were only in line behind her for about 5 minutes but she was fired up.

The dining room food was the only downside on Oasis for us. While i can almost find something to eat my wife is a pick more scaled back as to what she likes.

Mind you we didn't go hungry, that's for sure. We ate in Windjammer 3 times and Sabor twice.

Bill

They haven't taken anything away from D+ as far as I know....:confused: