What's your Favorite RCL Ship?

LuCruise

I've only been on Mariner and Freedom. I'll give Freedom the edge here, but one of the reasons we liked it is it was a lot like a Voyager class, but with more stuff. And not that we're into doing lots of things, but we enjoyed making our morning walk around the ship include a stop by the Flowrider. Really beautiful view back there, and it was fun to watch the surfing.

Very excited to sail on my first Radiance class ship next month. Brilliance with my daughter, yay! :)

We've enjoyed different ships for different reasons. Probably the best crew/service was Serenade, Southern Caribbean 2011. For entertainment and dining, so far our favorite was Allure but she may get bumped after we try Oasis in May. Liberty is our overall favorite for a nice balance of size/activity variety/entertainment/service.

I'd have to say the Mariner, which was a "WOW" when we went on, and the Oasis which had so much to do. Been on the Jewell, and liked the ship, but nothing else on that cruise. MDR food was terrible, and the entertainment worse. That was our 25th anniversary cruise, and RCCL disappointed us big time. The Mariner was next, and what a difference. By the way, that was in 2005, so I'm sure the Jewell has changed. We are booked on the Enchantment and Serenade for 2015.

Captain Johnnie was on the Mariner, and was a hoot.

I have been on Nordic Prince, Brilliance, Vison and hopefully in March Liberty.

Didn't like NP.

I really like the Radiance class and the back patio, elevators, pool tables and the forward 7 deck cabin balconies are big for not much money.

Brilliance 7040

22f0b2091eb3eeb271d8bdb6afed2832.jpg

Vision cabin 8088 that is like the best balcony ever along with it's twin. It gives you the Queen's life without paying the ransom to get it. Fun to have the Spa sneak through when open. Great ship.

9584c078e187ac3fd13f8c929e71e57b.jpg

8b5ace0a6f09eaa1f7b42d20e2221ca2.jpg

Shhh! You might be able to get MDR food to Room for your private 50th dinner. Don't forget a flameless candle.

9c57b74501636b06455f1b38eed8322b.jpg

Happy cruising all!

Have sailed the Brilliance once, Radiance of the Seas 4 X's and Liberty of the Seas once, prefer the Radiance Class. We have had wonderful cruises on each one but felt closed in on the Freedom Class. Best entertainment however was on the LOS. Have had no interest to go on the Oasis or Allure as I find the split design unattractive yet am sure they are amazing ships inside.

Famous last words. I know at least 10 people that said the same thing, then the experience changes their minds.

Maybe....

I'm not saying I'll NEVER try a mega-ship, but I consider it a HUGE improbability.

Why?

• I felt the Freedom Class was too large for me. Why would I want to go LARGER? (Think about it: If a person hates driving large vehicles, would you think it strange for them to say they'd NEVER own a Hummer?)
  • For me, itinerary is takes priority over ship. And the mega ships have limited itineraries, due to their size.
  • I want to FEEL like I'm at sea and, even those who LOVE the mega ships, report that views of the ocean are few and far between.
  • I prefer Quest in the lounge/secondary theatre. It's more of a participatory game, rather than primarily being a spectator event, as it is when held in Studio B.
  • I prefer the 70s party in the Centrum for the same reason.
  • I LOVE eating breakfast OUTSIDE.
  • I LOVE the MDR experience because the staff gets to know me. Call me silly, but it never ceases to delight me when my glass of wine appears without having to order it or my after-dinner coffee is automatically delivered.

I was HAPPY with Carnival when I tried Royal Caribbean and you'll see that I prefer Royal. It's not that I'm simply unwilling to try new things. I've TRIED larger ships and found I prefer the smaller ones. So it's not a stretch to say that even larger ships are probably not for me.

Edited by printingchick

I've been on Allure, Oasis, Monarch and will be boarding the Navigator on Sunday. My favorite so far is Allure; it's just something everyone has to experience one. I love all the activities and the gorgeous Central Park and Boardwalk. Also, I love the musicals onboard and parades. The specialty restaurants on Allure and Oasis are wonderful as well.

Very excited to see what Navigator has to offer on Sunday!

I've only been on one Royal's ship, Allure the biggest. She is very excellent, and I really enjoy my cruise.

However, I can't say Allure is my favorite ship, yet. I want to try different ships, different cruise lines.

Life is too short to admire just one ship!

Edited by anandaindonesia

We've been on Grandeur of Seas, Mariner of Seas, Radiance of the Seas (3 times) and Independence of the Seas. We enjoyed each of the cruises but our least favorite was the Grandeur of the Seas because it seemed impossible to get seats in showroom and Windjanmer as there were not enough seats for the amount of people on board. Our favorite ship is Radiance of the Seas as it seems to be a perfect size for us. It also has a wonderful hot dog cart with numerous types of dogs to select from. The Independence of the Seas is also a most wonderful ship, we love it's boardwalk area and all that goes on there.

We haven't done a RC ship but friends have and they said you have to leave your cabin really early on departure day and they dump you at the airport early regardless of your flight time. Is this true or were they just unlucky?

We haven't done a RC ship but friends have and they said you have to leave your cabin really early on departure day and they dump you at the airport early regardless of your flight time. Is this true or were they just unlucky?

They do like you out of the stateroom by 8:30 or 9am.

My favorite is the Enchantment for a few reasons:

Her Crew is something truly special - They are always smiling and happy.

The size is perfect where you feel like you are on a cruise ship and not a small city.

19 days until I board her for the 6th time. :D

Without a doubt...Brilliance is our favorite but it may have something to do with the fact that it was also our favorite cruise (Mediterranean).

We have NEVER missed the Quest on any of our RCI cruises. It's the same premise but different crowds act differently.

Enlighten me, How are Med Quests?