Request Robe in Room

Dall

I see we can request a robe, this is not something we pay for is it?

No, it's complimentary. Sometimes you have to wait until the next day to receive it if there is a laundry back up. When we meet our room attendant we just ask for it in case it's not in the room yet.

No, it's complimentary. Sometimes you have to wait until the next day to receive it if there is a laundry back up. When we meet our room attendant we just ask for it in case it's not in the room yet.

Thank you. Didn't want to request and then realize we actually bought them. lol

Just be aware that the robes often only fit people who are 5' 3" and weigh less than 85lbs.

I've seen soooooooooo many posts from people who said the robes they got were tiny...

Also, don't be surprised if the robe isn't in your cabin. I put it on the cruise personalizer every time but mostly just to see if it will actually turn up. So far, it has never materialized and we haven't bothered to ask the steward for one once onboard.

Edited by Thrak

Not only are the robes not in our stateroom, but the beds have never been separated into twins as our personalizer always states. I really do not believe that information never ever filters down to the stewards.

So we're talking about the definition of insanity....doing something over and over again and expecting a different result.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, no charge for the robes. Believe me, they aren't worth purchasing or even somehow finding their way into your suitcase.

If you do get one that is too small (I have, and I'm very much average size), just ask the steward for one that is larger.

Not only are the robes not in our stateroom, but the beds have never been separated into twins as our personalizer always states. I really do not believe that information never ever filters down to the stewards.

So we're talking about the definition of insanity....doing something over and over again and expecting a different result.

I do not know if the personalizer information gets to the cabin steward or not, but I think their practice is to leave it in the same configuration as the previous occupant and then change it at turn-down the first evening if you ask him/her to do so.

Just be aware that the robes often only fit people who are 5' 3" and weigh less than 85lbs.

I've seen soooooooooo many posts from people who said the robes they got were tiny...

Also, don't be surprised if the robe isn't in your cabin. I put it on the cruise personalizer every time but mostly just to see if it will actually turn up. So far, it has never materialized and we haven't bothered to ask the steward for one once onboard.

On our last cruise on the Grand we had a steward who was not very good:eek:

Found a used dental floss pick on the desk:eek:, water in the ice bucket (tells me he didn't check), zero fridge stuff (don't care, don't use it) and no lotion in the bathroom. Those are the highlights. I am not hijacking... Here comes my point...he put robes in the closet!! We didn't ask for them cuz as Thrak noted "one size fits none". But these were BRAND NEW robes! And they were quite roomy. Wonders never cease.:rolleyes:

Shall be interesting to see if we get ours. Sounds like I may not be able to wear it anyways :D

If there are not bathrobes in your closet, just tell your cabin steward that you want robes.

On our recent cruise out cabin steward told us they would certainly be available but maybe not until tomorrow.

We said in a nice way we needed them tonight. They were in our cabin when we returned for the night. :)

LuLu

Your room steward is the person who can make things happen. Just be nice to him and many things are possible.

You are very correct, and being nice to him/her in a monetary way works wonders. On an Alaska cruise we asked for some robes that would not be documented as being in the cabin and when I shook his hand he found 2 $20s. We have two very nice terry cloth robes in our cabin and they now hang in my closet at home. Cabin stewards really do make the ship run.