Goodbye Ruby

CRLess

Sad to see one of our favorite ships leaving the Atlantic side of the world and heading to the Pacific side:(:(. Our choices in the Gem Class ships are now down to the Emerald and Caribbean Princess. As much as I like the Royal and Regal, I still would rather cruise on the Ruby before either of them.

On the other side of the coin, we will be sailing on Her out of LA to the Mexican Riviera in 77 days. She is also one of our favorite ships. DW was aboard for the 2-day inaugural cruise and then we sailed on Her for the Maiden Voyage with a large group of CC members back in 2008.

Edited by cruisingpeople

On the other side of the coin, we will be sailing on Her out of LA to the Mexican Riviera in 77 days. She is also one of our favorite ships. DW was aboard for the 2-day inaugural cruise and then we sailed on Her for the Maiden Voyage with a large group of CC members back in 2008.

That was a blast Joe! :D

So glad to have the Ruby on the West Coast. As for the Royal and Regal, I would like to

see them homeported in the Antarctic permanently. They are no substitute for the

Ruby, Emerald etc. Greg

Happily, we have a Caribbean cruise booked on Emerald for two weeks in January (2016). :)

LuLu

I'm excited to see Ruby on the West Coast! Will be sailing on her first west coast sailing to the mexican riviera the day she arrives from her 49 day journey from FLL on March 21!!

Alex

Be prepared for delayed embarkation... Coast Guard and or Customs inspections will be done that day as the Ruby arrives from South America...

Enjoy your cruise, I'm sure it will be great!

Be prepared for delayed embarkation... Coast Guard and or Customs inspections will be done that day as the Ruby arrives from South America...

Thank you for the info!! I kinda had a feeling it's going to be a little crazy! This is my first cruise too so I'm a bit nervous for the embarkation process, but we live like an hour away from port so no flying thank goodness! Will probably arrive Around 1-1:30ish to avoid all the lines

Alex

Thank you for the info!! I kinda had a feeling it's going to be a little crazy! This is my first cruise too so I'm a bit nervous for the embarkation process, but we live like an hour away from port so no flying thank goodness! Will probably arrive Around 1-1:30ish to avoid all the lines

Alex

We arrived in LA (2 hours late) last April on the Golden after 31 days from Buenos Aires. About 2/3 of the passengers were non-US citizens resulting in an even slower process. We had a scheduled 10:00 disembarkation time with our Aussie friends but didn't get off the ship until after noon. The U.S. line for immigrations/customs wasn't too bad but it took our Aussie friends nearly 2 hours to complete the process.

This was my first cruise arriving from SA so I don't know if this was routine or not.

Is this going to last awhile? I noticed the Ruby was sailing to Mexico in 2016, which means instead of a 2.5 hour flight to FLL, I'll be taking a 6 hour flight to LAX if I want to cruise on her in the spring of 2016, which I do :-)

Edited by akeasley