Wish I Could Merge Bits of RCCL & Princess :)

OMG !! I want to merge bits of Royal Caribbean Cruise Line & Princess Cruises ! Lol

I've just been on a Royal Caribbean, Caribbean cruise and a Princess Cruises Caribbean cruise (back to back) and I'm usually very loyal to RCCL, but I now think I'm a bit of a Princess covert as well.

I need to not stray so I have no comparison - ha ha ha !

The RCCL ships are amazing and the entertainment is excellent, yet I found the food, friendliness, general day to day quality and service to be a real cut above RCCL on the Princess cruise.

What bits from other cruise lines would you like to merge with RCCL in an ideal world :) :) :) ????

And . . . . As a bonus part to this thread, for those of you who enjoy judging me, well I'm sorry but - YES - on the cruises I paid per day gratuities as added to my stateroom account, tips to 2 cleaners, the Diamond Lounge drinks server, diamond concierge and completed various WOW cards . . . . . .

Actually, I am in the same boat. We were with Princess for years, recently are trying Royal Again. DW and I like both, at this point, and look to BOTH for future bookings.

Princess has a few things I would like to see on Royal. For starters, PIZZA!!!, secondly: room service that works. After the last 2 (Serenade and Navigator), room service for a pot of coffee in the morning is a loosing battle.

Royal has a few things I would like to see on Princess. First, better entertainment. Royal has better shows with the aerial acts and ice shows.

Secondly, I like the layout of the Windjammer better than the Horizon Court. Easier and less standing in line.

Of course there are other little differences, but not deal breakers for me. Cost and itineraries will be the main factors before we book any more with either. We have enjoyed trying a bunch of different ships, and we have narrowed things down a lot.

I wish Princess had the nice showers that Royal has.

I like both staterooms... but I do like the extra seating- love seat on Royal

I like the free internet minutes that I get with Princess.

I like Any time dining on Princess.

Princess has it (For my DH) for food. Though the escargot on Royal is DH's favorite.

I'm looking at Royal for next Christmas. Trying to decide if I could handle Navigator OR Indy! NOT SURE if I want the size... Crown, & Ruby didn't feel that huge...

First Cruise June 2014 on Crown Princess in Alaska. The pizza was amazing. My DH and I ate so much pizza. We didn't avail ourselves of the entertainment because we were busy on excursions in every port. Only 2 days at sea on an Alaskan cruise and DH and I were exhausted!

I am going on The Grandeur in August with two other ladies. I am anxious to go to all the shows and sample more things on the ship since we are at sea more than we are in port. I hope their pizza is good along with the food bc the Crown was amazing.

OMG !! I want to merge bits of Royal Caribbean Cruise Line & Princess Cruises ! Lol

I've just been on a Royal Caribbean, Caribbean cruise and a Princess Cruises Caribbean cruise (back to back) and I'm usually very loyal to RCCL, but I now think I'm a bit of a Princess covert as well.

The RCCL ships are amazing and the entertainment is excellent, yet I found the food, friendliness, general day to day quality and service to be a real cut above RCCL on the Princess cruise.

What bits from other cruise lines would you like to merge with RCCL in an ideal world :) :) :) ????

And . . . . As a bonus part to this thread, for those of you who enjoy judging me, well I'm sorry but - YES - on the cruises I paid per day gratuities as added to my stateroom account, tips to 2 cleaners, the Diamond Lounge drinks server, diamond concierge and completed various WOW cards . . . . . .

What princess ship were you on?

I agree on the pizza and a big part of this is what ships are we talking about. But every line has some good features that other lines do not have. I found my last few Princess cruises way to crowded ( could not get seats for the shows) on both the Crown and Caribbean Princes, so I am staying with RCCL

What princess ship were you on?

And which royal Caribbean Ship?

I experience differences in food, friendliness, general day to day quality and service among ships in the same fleet. Also variability may be noted on same ship different dates...and similar variations occur in land establishments, too.

All three of my Princess cruises were nice experiences and I'd happily sail them again. For one at a low tier of one loyalty program and high tier of the other's, when selecting a cruise between these lines where other things are basically equal, the loyalty benefits help make my decision.

I wish Princess had the nice showers that Royal has.

I like both staterooms... but I do like the extra seating- love seat on Royal

I like the free internet minutes that I get with Princess.

I like Any time dining on Princess.

Princess has it (For my DH) for food. Though the escargot on Royal is DH's favorite.

I'm looking at Royal for next Christmas. Trying to decide if I could handle Navigator OR Indy! NOT SURE if I want the size... Crown, & Ruby didn't feel that huge...

Crown and Ruby Princess carry the same number of passengers as Navigator...but Navigator is almost 20% larger. You do the math especially on a holiday sailing.

I don't eat pizza on any ship but Princess pizza is better.

Navigator has My Time Dining, same as Anytime, and doesn't let traditional diners sneak in.

Navigator buffet is much larger then Princess.

Navigator main theater has 1,300 seats as opposed to Princess which has 800 seats.

Princess has self service laundry machines.

Fun post. And thank you for sharing your thoughts of both. I like hearing comparisons and what each line does great.

I cannot comment yet on Allure from personal experience, but my comment comes from research of the ship plus past experience on Disney Magic and older RCL ships (Grandeur and Voyages). We were looking for a family friendly cruise and the one thing that is lacking on RCL are waterslides. It's really the only thing that made me look at Disney and ships like Carnival (but nevertheless, ended with RCL)

Edited by LuCruise

Move Princess' casual dining (buffet, good pizza, real poolside grill, and International Café) onto an RCCL ship, and that would be the perfect match for me. I find the MDRs pretty much equal. Enjoy the ship layout and entertainment vastly better on RCCL.

Move Princess' casual dining (buffet, good pizza, real poolside grill, and International Café) onto an RCCL ship, and that would be the perfect match for me. I find the MDRs pretty much equal. Enjoy the ship layout and entertainment vastly better on RCCL.

Right. IC and grill are good ideas. Celebrity has the poolside grill though. We don't do pizza on any ship, living in NY for 65+ years, no cruise ship pizza comes close. Princess buffet layout is not great even if food might be better on P.

If only the Princess ships weren't SO ugly (on the outside) .. that's where RC has it all over them .. RC ships just look prettier!

Princess ships with those hideous sterns and weird bow sections ... just don't like how they look ...

I like the rooms ready at embarkation, international cafe way better than cafe promenade, poolside grill is excellent and love the aft pool terraces. Royal has better entertainment, better laid out buffets, and I like the grand dining rooms better.

Stop wishing and start doing!

Just buy up RCL, it will only cost you $20 Billion or so, Then convince Micky to sell you Princess for another $Bil or two, or three. Then sell off RCL's secondary brands, X and the others, - you might even fetch what Princess cost you, and there you go. Easy peasy!

Now introducing the NEW Princess Royal Cruise line!

Edited by DirtyDawg

My wife likes Princess. I prefer RC. We switch back and forth depending on the itinerary.

If Princess gave their full suite guests all the perks that RC gives, that would win me over. However, I enjoy the free unlimited laundry perk on Princess and wish RC would do the same.

It's nice to have a choice. Happy cruising everyone. It's a great way to travel!

My Comparison:

Royal Caribbean ships: Navigator, Allure

Princess: Golden

Princess wins:

Pizza! Yes, add me to the list of pizza lovers on Princess

The grill outside on the pool deck

The layout of the room with the closet in a separate section

Rooms available at boarding

RCCL wins:

Everything else, lol!

MDR

Promenade Cafe

The layout of the ship (big plus for me)

The entertainment

Kids Club

Flow Rider/Climbing Wall/Zipline (on Allure)

General stuff to do

The other passengers (to be fair to Princess, it was a Alaska cruise and not very many kids on board)

I'd take RCCL over Princess any day but honestly every cruise I've been on has been awesome.

We like both lines too. We give Royal a slight edge for most things, especially ship layout and design. One thing we really miss on Royal is the casual pool side dining options of the Trident Grill and Pizza on Princess.

I really don't like going indoors to the Windjammer for lunch and then I pass that pan of awful looking burgers and just shake my head!