Embassy Suites Pre-Cruise

luvscruising2007

Narrowing down pre-cruise hotel i Fort Lauderdale. I keep changing my mind.

We really like Embassy Suites and that is my first choice. However, just wondering if day of embarkation, this hotel gets really crowded. We will have our car and won't have to compete for a shuttle or taxi but I am sure the free breakfast draws a crowd.

Edited by luvscruising2007

We really like Embassy Suites and that is my first choice. However, just wondering if day of embarkation, this hotel gets really crowded. We will have our car and won't have to compete for a shuttle or taxi but I am sure the free breakfast draws a crowd.

Have done this a few times..crowd not really...always find a table during the buffet hours..it's a big atrium with diners coming and going. I wouldn't let this be the determining factor to stay at ES or not.

I would take a taxi from hotel to the port and I wouldn't worry about how crowded it is.

Keith

Perfectly said as always.

OP, there are dozens of threads on Embassy Suites FLL on this board. It is a popular hotel for cruisers. We have stayed there several times before cruises. It works very well for all things cruise related.

Thanks for all of the replies. The cost for Embassy seems higher than some of the other hotels I have considered. But, the convenience, amenities and positive reviews will probably help make this our choice.

Check out this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2148919

It may help you save some money at Embassy Suites.

Thanks for all of the replies. The cost for Embassy seems higher than some of the other hotels I have considered. But, the convenience, amenities and positive reviews will probably help make this our choice.

This is what happened to us. I had ES booked for a pre-cruise night at $269. Then I found the Doubletree Gallery One on for $110. Even though they do not have a complimentary breakfast the total price paying $20/pp for breakfast turned out cheaper than ES by a long shot so I cancelled ES and we stayed at the Doubletree......... very pleased with it.

• 2 weeks later...

You can get a great deal for the ES if you book the room through the Hilton MVP site. I just booked our pre-cruise stay December and the MVP rate was almost $100 less per night that the rate advertised by ES.

We just booked Embassy in FL for $159.00 per night for May 30. The free evening drinks and Complimentary breakfast makes it worth every penny!

Even if the lines are horrendous? both for the free breakfast AND for taxis? that was our nightmare scenario in Tampa.....at the Emb Suites there...and we are trying NOT to repeat.

So do you have experience with the above? If so, what was the wait time for the free breakfast AND a place to sit down in order to eat it? And how long was the wait for a taxi?

LPC

Even if the lines are horrendous? both for the free breakfast AND for taxis? that was our nightmare scenario in Tampa.....at the Emb Suites there...and we are trying NOT to repeat.

So do you have experience with the above? If so, what was the wait time for the free breakfast AND a place to sit down in order to eat it? And how long was the wait for a taxi?

We routinely stay at the ES in FLL before every cruise. Naturally, it is busy on cruise days, but the hotel is prepared for it. We have never had to wait for a table for breakfast...ever. No matter how busy. As far as getting to the ship just be sure to make a reservation with the concierge for the time you want to leave for the port. Make that reservation when you check in. Again, we have never had to wait to get to the port. The van leaves on time as expected and there is a long line of vans and cabs to take people to the port. The ES has their act together as they do this several times a week. That is why we continue to stay there pre-cruise.

Paul

Edited by pjo

And what are you going to do with your car? Make prepaid advance reservations and you can park the entire week at Embassy for about $40. through unitedairportparking dot com. Included will also be shuttle both ways.

And what are you going to do with your car? Make prepaid advance reservations and you can park the entire week at Embassy for about $40. through unitedairportparking dot com. Included will also be shuttle both ways.

We will be driving to the port. We want to get started as soon as we get off the ship to head back home. We have a long trip. We have not been happy with previous hotel shuttles when picking us up at the port. Both times it was at least half an hour with much uncertainty. Just our experience. Plus ES is more than many other hotels and they charge for parking for just one fay, $10.

I still have time to make a final decision when hotels become available for our sail date.

Thanks to all for your replies.

We will be driving to the port. We want to get started as soon as we get off the ship to head back home. We have a long trip. We have not been happy with previous hotel shuttles when picking us up at the port. Both times it was at least half an hour with much uncertainty. Just our experience. Plus ES is more than many other hotels and they charge for parking for just one fay, $10.

I still have time to make a final decision when hotels become available for our sail date.

Thanks to all for your replies.

You're wrong about that. One night will cost $17.

We have stayed at the ES a few times. We stay for the location and pool (we usually come 2 days ahead), not the other amenities. We tend to cruise during peak times (Easter, New Year's) and the ES has been a zoo on departure mornings. I'm sure it's not as bad during non-peak weekend times.

We skip the free happy hour as it's extremely crowded and not worth it for a free glass of wine or 2. We pick our own up at the nearby stores and enjoy without standing in line. As for breakfast, you have to time it just right. We tend to go for a lite breakfast and save the big feasts for once we're onboard.

I'm with you as for parking at the port. With a long drive ahead, I don't want to stand around waiting on a shuttle and other passengers. When we've flown, we still take a cab!

A little input from someone who is a regular at ES, as for breakfast, there are two lines, one for make to order eats which can be quite long, and another that is set up cafeteria style where you help yourself which moves quickly. As for complementary drinks, you can order more than one at a time and a tip goes a long way for faster service.

So I'm looking at the ES as well. There are 2 options that I can choose from. First is a 2 room suite and the other is a 2 room premium suite. Does anyone have any insight on which is the best? It's only a $31 increase to go the premium but is it worth it? It says there is a Keurig but is that in the room or do you have to walk somewhere?

Looking for hotel and park car for a 11 day cruise (port will charge for 12 days.. starting the very first day till the end)

Called ES and their prices were slightly higher... however did have them put in wriiting through email parking the full time with dates.

Cooked to order eggs, waffles and etc. Free drinks..

Walking distance to stores and winery.

A little more than most but have nice two room suites and you can have up to 6 per room. For one night came to $300.00. But can cancel two days prior

Check out buyreservations.com they have some really good prices.. my cruise isn't till next Jan. but these hotels book fast

Looking for hotel and park car for a 11 day cruise (port will charge for 12 days.. starting the very first day till the end)

Called ES and their prices were slightly higher... however did have them put in wriiting through email parking the full time with dates.

Cooked to order eggs, waffles and etc. Free drinks..

Walking distance to stores and winery.

A little more than most but have nice two room suites and you can have up to 6 per room. For one night came to $300.00. But can cancel two days prior

Check out buyreservations.com they have some really good prices.. my cruise isn't till next Jan. but these hotels book fast

What were you quoted for parking? You don't park thru Embassy, you park thru unitedairportparking which parks at Embassy. 11 days should cost you about $75 total.

What were you quoted for parking? You don't park thru Embassy, you park thru unitedairportparking which parks at Embassy. 11 days should cost you about $75 total.

I booked the cruise and park package. Leave my car for the duration of the cruise and had them confirm it for the 11 days via email

Totally price for the 5 of us was $300.00 . Includes cook to order breakfast/buffet.

happy hour with free drinks.

They do charge for parking if you do not ask for the package and it is $20.00 per day starting the very first day.

Will still investigate the buyreservations when their quotes go up

Cathy

The Keurig is in your room. You will be given a code for the snack machine, which is on one of the top floors. You use the code to get the "free" snacks.

For myself, I will not pay the difference again.

Thanks for the info. So there is no other difference other than the access to the "free" snacks and Keurig in the room? Are the rooms otherwise the same other than being on the top floors? As far as I can tell all the rooms come with a free hot breakfast. Is that true?