Flight arrives 1 am - where do you wait

whiterose

EZ Air offerings have the plane arriving in Ft Lauderdale at 1 am. So where does Princess have you wait until you can board the ship? Don't want to spend the rest of the night at the airport.

Unless you purchased a hotel then its on you what happens. When we arrive on a red eye we would head to one of the hotels near the pier and have breakfast and wait there.

If you purchased transfers then you will have to wait until 10:00 or so to get the transfer. If it were me I would cancel the transfer and take a cab. Its about $12-$16 to either 17th st where the hotels and restaurants are very near to the pier. Airport is about 2 miles from the pier.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I would get a hotel room so you can get a good nights sleep and a shower.

I agree...

Grab your luggage and take a taxi to your hotel...don't wait for the hotel's shuttle. If your flight arrives on time, you can get a good eight hours of sleep, breakfast in the morning and still make it to the terminal at a reasonable time.

Lew

EZ Air offerings have the plane arriving in Ft Lauderdale at 1 am. So where does Princess have you wait until you can board the ship? Don't want to spend the rest of the night at the airport.

Gosh! They actually booked you to arrive at 1 am and then didn't offer a hotel for the night? How strange. Is this the way EZ Air plans their travel for cruisers?

I guess you will be either sitting a long time at the airport, or finding your own hotel to stay at for the remaining 8-10 hours before you can arrive at the pier.

I guess you will be either sitting a long time at the airport, or finding your own hotel to stay at for the remaining 8-10 hours before you can arrive at the pier.

While I would never recommend staying at the airport, it is allowed (and that is, I think, a change from the past). According to http://www.broward.org/Airport/FAQs/Pages/Terminals.aspx:

Can I sleep overnight in the Airport?

Yes, you can remain in the Airport overnight. However, you will want to consider the following before deciding to sleep at FLL:

• You can only stay in a pre-security waiting area (not on the concourse) for the night.

• Our seating is attached chairs with arm rests.

• Heavy-duty cleaning is often conducted at night.

• Food and beverage service is limited during these hours. Visit the
    that is listed by terminal.

• It can get cold in the terminals, so bring warm clothes.

If you decide a hotel is a better option, visit the
. Select Hotels from the left menu, then select Airport Hotels. You can view a map with the locations of all the nearby hotels.

If I had to do that it would take me days and days of my cruise to recover!

If you need hotel recommendations, go to the Florida Departures Board: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495 for lots of advice.

Get a hotel....there are several at the airport...I like the Marriott they will pick you up.....then around noon... take a cab, refreshed, to the ship... after baggage pickup you can easily be in bed by 1;45

Is this your only flight option? If you live in Northern VA, than you should have your pick or airports, including BWI. If you don't want to get there the day before, there should be a few flights that will get you to FLL either late morning or early afternoon.

Being from Virginia I have never landed that late. Do a little research and find better flights as they are there. Many good hotels to stay the night before your cruise. Taxi costs are relatively cheap due to short distances.

In April will be arriving in FLL at 1:45 pm the day before our cruise. No,good flights the day of the cruise like we have done before. Never s EZ Air because of their crazy times and routing. Checked one time and they wanted us to fly thru San Fransico to get to FLL. Never again.

Edited by Potstech

You can either sleep in your seat at the airport or book a hotel in advance and take a cab to such!

Plenty of advice already... I would get an earlier flight or a hotel room but for whatever it is worth there is a blogger by the screen name of pescado amarillo and she and her husband spent the night at the FLL airport on February 9. You can check her experience here:

http://pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com/2015_02_09_archive.html

Plenty of advice already... I would get an earlier flight or a hotel room but for whatever it is worth there is a blogger by the screen name of pescado amarillo and she and her husband spent the night at the FLL airport on February 9. You can check her experience here:

http://pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com/2015_02_09_archive.html

I really can't believe that she posted they did that.

An offering of Virgina to FLL and arrive at 1 am.

I would pass on that and book my own airfare.

I would get a hotel room so you can get a good nights sleep and a shower.

I would get a hotel and get some sleep. We have done this when flying in and arriving at midnight. If you decide to do that you may want to let the hotel know that you wont be in until after 1 am so they keep your room.

EZAir doesn't select the flights for you. You get a choice and pick out which one you want so Princess is not responsible for getting you a hotel room. Was this the cheapest flight? - is that why you picked it. I'd change it and if it is too late, I vote for a hotel.

This! I looked at EZAir for flights for our upcoming cruise, and the system presented me with several options for booking. If I didn't like the first five options, I could click on a button to show five more options, and so forth, ranked in ascending order by price. This is just my experience routing out of the Midwest to the West Coast, several flight options with various arrival times were presented. There is also the option to change the date and time in the drop-down fields to search for earlier flights.

I generally found the EZAir options to be competitively priced for Economy/Coach seats, however I found a fantastic one-day-sale on an airline's website that wasn't showing up in any of the multi-carrier online booking engines (Kayak, Google Flights, Hipmunk etc), so I bought that one direct... I also routed our return flight on another airline in First class, and EZAir couldn't top the deal I got by booking this airline directly.

Personally, I would consider EZAir again for a future cruise. I like the Flexible option, where payment isn't due until cruise final payment plus you get another 15 days after final payment to cancel the flight for a full refund.

Edited by undercat

I really can't believe that she posted they did that.

I found it to be an interesting story of a travel story. We've all had them. I've found myself trapped at an airport at 2 a.m. with no car rental available until 6. Pretty resourceful and helpful information.