Eclipse - Gastropub ?

upwarduk

Yes, and in the finest left-hand-doesn't-know-what-the-right-hand-is-doing tradition, Celebrity's own website still lists it as "coming soon" but repeatedly, those in a position to know on board said that the plans have been scrapped. Now, any guesses how long it will take to update the website?

Yes, and in the finest left-hand-doesn't-know-what-the-right-hand-is-doing tradition, Celebrity's own website still lists it as "coming soon" but repeatedly, those in a position to know on board said that the plans have been scrapped. Now, any guesses how long it will take to update the website?

Being tardy on updating the website, when it comes to advertising wonderful new features won't harm sales ;)

The majority of prospective customers won't be in the know and i'm sure in the small print there will be get out clauses in the event you try and claim that you only booked the cruise because of the promise of the Gastrobar

I posed the question on Twitter to Celebrity and received this reply today:-

Question:-

@CelebrityUK Hi, can you confirm if the Gastropub fit out is happening to the Eclipse before May or not?

Answer:-

Hi Lee, the refit will be carried out just before Eclipse leaves Miami for the Transatlantic. Thanks, Celebrity Cruises UK

Not sure when that is, that was their answer though!

I posed the question on Twitter to Celebrity and received this reply today:-

Question:-

@CelebrityUK Hi, can you confirm if the Gastropub fit out is happening to the Eclipse before May or not?

Answer:-

Hi Lee, the refit will be carried out just before Eclipse leaves Miami for the Transatlantic. Thanks, Celebrity Cruises UK

Not sure when that is, that was their answer though!

Yes, but you have to understand that Celebrity UK are about the last people to be told anything. I speak from years of experience.

Just got off of the Equinox and talked to top managers on the ship. They all said that the Grastrobar is a total flop. The 11 days we were on it, the place was never really used. They opened the suites MDR and allowed suite guests to use it. It was nice but, new tables and chairs were not in place. They will complete it with a grand opening in April.

• 3 weeks later...

There is another , more recent thread, where at last my query has been answered by Celebrity cruise rep at post 27:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2182878&page=2

Hi all,

We will be adding the GastroBar to Eclipse during its dry dock. However, it will be replacing the Passport Bar. Cellarmasters will still remain on the ship. Hope this answers any questions that you all may have had.

So we will be getting the best of both worlds.:cool:

And some kind person has also posted menus:

http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/en_US/pdf/gastrobar-menu.pdf

Edited by upwarduk

Disappointed, my husband loves craft beers so we were ticked off when they took Michaels out of silhouette and we booked a 2 nighter on Elise in May in the hope of checking out the gastropub. So that's 2 more seats taken at the martini bar

But you will be able to check out the Gastropub in May, as it will have been added in Dry dock, which happens prior to Eclipse TA. However, not being a beer drinker, I'm not sure about the beer selection, so won't comment on the beers, although I suspect that there may be more from the UK, when Eclipse is sailing out of Southampton.

Edited by upwarduk

Future Cruise Sales has moved temporarily from deck 5 offices to one of the Sky Conference rooms on deck 14, until the dry dock when they will move again to a permanent new home in the party room next to Quasar.

For the time being, the former office on deck 5 is being used for storage of materials needed for the upcoming dry dock, since it is conveniently located to a doorway to the open deck.

On Millennium class ships, the Suite dining room will be on deck 5. On Solstice class ships it will be on deck 4

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

Will Quasar remain? That's where the DJs used to be.....til they moved to atrium and martini bar..,Quasar was a perfect club space but underutilized

Edited by hcat

One quote above says gastro pub will replace the passport bar? That is confusing...passport bar was a large bar area on Deck 3...open..nice seating area where some small music acts played..usually hard to get a seat at certain times but a very nice space...

I thouht the gastro bar was to go in the wine area..apparently .now being re consideted

Looks like some spaces will be changing ...by the time we book this ship hopefully it will be settled...

Looking forward to the Gastropub and the choice of real ales, I'm not however in favour of yet another venue charging extra for food. I enjoy the speciality restaurants and we have booked a five dinner package, that's however as far as it should go for me. It's now going over the top with what up to 7/8 venues charging a supplement for what used to be included.

One quote above says gastro pub will replace the passport bar? That is confusing...passport bar was a large bar area on Deck 3

That quote is from the representitive of Celebrity cruises, so I have confidence that it is correct.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2182878&page=2. Post 27

Edited by upwarduk

Looking forward to the Gastropub and the choice of real ales, I'm not however in favour of yet another venue charging extra for food. I enjoy the speciality restaurants and we have booked a five dinner package, that's however as far as it should go for me. It's now going over the top with what up to 7/8 venues charging a supplement for what used to be included.

There is no requirement to purchase food at the Gastrobar. We usually used it to socialize over a couple of good beers but we did have lunch there 2-3 times as the menu is quite good.

As someone else posted, there will now be 4 "specialty" bars. Martini, Cellar Masters (wine), GastroBar (beer) and the new Molecular Bar??? (Cocktails). I think it is a great idea!

So do I . :D

If they want to give the GastroPub a real shot, why not have a fixed dining price much like Bistro? When you start adding up the cost of individual items it is pretty pricey. And, we too saw few people eating during our recent EQX cruise...only a few drinking beer.

If they want to give the GastroPub a real shot, why not have a fixed dining price much like Bistro? When you start adding up the cost of individual items it is pretty pricey. And, we too saw few people eating during our recent EQX cruise...only a few drinking beer.

We wouldn't like that as we usually just like having a beer there. For us, the portions are generous and shareable (large plates) and the small plates are filling for one. Sometimes just one one of us was hungry enough to order food so wouldn't want to pay if not eating. We thought the pricing was fine.

Edited by Christine Frances

We wouldn't like that as we usually just like having a beer there. For us, the portions are generous and shareable (large plates) and the small plates are filling for one. Sometimes just one one of us was hungry enough to order food so wouldn't want to pay if not eating. We thought the pricing was fine.

Beer cost is not included in Bistro...I am just talking about food at a fixed price. They do (or did) this on RCCL at Johnny Rockets. I think Gastro was very overpriced.

That quote is from the representitive of Celebrity cruises, so I have confidence that it is correct.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2182878&page=2. Post 27

Do you think they will re do that area with more tables...and maybe close it off or leave it open to the atrium area? We usually sit on the fringes to watch the music in the atrium...it is a very nice space...

our next cruise is on Equinox so wonder if they will make the same changes on that ship eventually....seems they just created the pub there in lieu of cellar masters.

Plans for Gastrobar on Eclipse have been scrapped. This according to many officers and staff on board, sorry I was interrupted mid post. Gastrobar in Cellar Masters is scrapped. Beers to move to Passport but no decision yet about food availability there.

Edited by WestLakeGirl