Sharing drink package

link99

I agree with you and Sailor05. It is pathetic that people steal. Seriously, that's exactly what you do when you are "sharing" a drink package. It costs everyone else more. That's why drink packages HAVE gone through the roof.

I agree, just because we "can", doesn't mean we "should." If people would just grow up and be responsible for themselves, life would be a lot easier for everyone.

Ditto!

His parents must be so proud :eek:

###

Yep. He's Diamond too - how much alcohol does one person need? Might be cheaper to take the 3 drinks per evening and then pay as you go.

I noticed this too. If he is telling the truth (?) about his cruise history, he is Diamond. That means unlimited drinks for hours. Sad to say, but the only explanation is that..........

Bottom Line: It is totally unethical. If the OP really does what he says, he has made an ethical decision and will have to live with the consequences, not just the consequences of being caught, but the consequences of a lifestyle built on a lack of morality and self-justification. Truly, this thread has saddened me!

The prices have gone through the roof so... Flame if you want and be sure to copy him on this.

Dear Michael Bayley I will be sharing my drink Package on my up coming cruise catch me if you can. Take your drink prices and ...........

I'm not happy with the increase in drink prices (and cruise fares, for that matter). But, compromising your integrity by stealing is not the way to go. If you justify stealing in this case, where do you draw the line?

A better solution is to shop similar lines for a vacation you believe to be fair. Right now, NCL has much lower fares and the drink package is included in balcony rooms or better. We're considering giving them a try and I hear we can wear shorts to dinner there too!

Bottom line, don't register your displeasure with Royal by compromising your integrity and plan to steal drinks by sharing a package. Simply vote with your vacation dollars and give another cruise line a try. If enough of us vote this way, Royal's pricing will come back down.

I'm not happy with the increase in drink prices (and cruise fares, for that matter). But, compromising your integrity by stealing is not the way to go. If you justify stealing in this case, where do you draw the line?

A better solution is to shop similar lines for a vacation you believe to be fair. Right now, NCL has much lower fares and the drink package is included in balcony rooms or better. We're considering giving them a try and I hear we can wear shorts to dinner there too!

Bottom line, don't register your displeasure with Royal by compromising your integrity and plan to steal drinks by sharing a package. Simply vote with your vacation dollars and give another cruise line a try. If enough of us vote this way, Royal's pricing will come back down.

*nodding golf clap*

yes, we can fuss and whine all we want, but you're right..At the end of the day we vote without $. If RCI's numbers stay good, and people keep rolling in, then they just don't have a whole lot of incentive to change.

Yep. They could go to - "Everyone in the stateroom must have the same package." That'll cut down on some sharing.

They started off doing that when the packages came in - everyone over the aged of 18 (Europe) or 21 (US) in the same cabin had to have it. They then changed it to what it is now.

I drink more than my husband does so it was never viable to purchase the package when we both had to have it so we just paid as we went and it worked out cheaper than the package.

I DO NOT want it reinstated again due to selfish people sharing rather than pay for what they have!

In the end, the cheaters will ruin it for everyone else. New rules will be enacted to prevent cheating and they will impact on everyone else. Sad, but true.

Very true! My wife doesn't drink at all and I would really not like it if they went back to the rule where everyone in the cabin needs to get a package.

They started off doing that when the packages came in - everyone over the aged of 18 (Europe) or 21 (US) in the same cabin had to have it. They then changed it to what it is now.

I drink more than my husband does so it was never viable to purchase the package when we both had to have it so we just paid as we went and it worked out cheaper than the package.

I DO NOT want it reinstated again due to selfish people sharing rather than pay for what they have!

Actually the first Trial of drink packages was introduced like it is now. Then during the Trial period sharing of the package went rampant especially on the UK based ships. This was when they introduced the rule about every legal drinking Age Person in the cabin had to purchase. Later this was reversed again.

My guess is that RCL has already factored in cost of drink sharing in the pricing of the drink package, so yes it does cost everyone a little bit more.

So OP has already paid for sharing?:rolleyes:

Sorry it´s still stealing. But I think the OP is just pulling our legs anyway.

I don't know why they don't make everyone buy the package they could make twice as much money.:D

Celebrity is doing this with the 1,2,3 promotions... Most people pick the drink package and end up upgrading to premium for a reasonable price. BTW, I don't drink, but everything that is included on the package makes it worth it for us. I just wish that Royal's non alcoholic packages were as good as Celebrity's, I was disappointed with the RR package on our last cruise.

I totally agree that sharing is NOT right and what I am going to say doesn't condone sharing

..but I also think cruisers (not specifically the OP!) that booked this year, did so with the old drink prices. The tipping policy change came first - and that was reasonable, but the recent price hike is much more excessive. These folks have no time to plan and budget more funds - their trips are NOW, not next year.

I think that they have the right to be frustrated and angry. They booked and made final payment with a different premise from the cruise line.

Sure - it's in the Ts and Cs that everything can change - but just as we expect passengers to do the ethical thing and not share, I think we should expect Royal to do so as well and not make changes inside the 45 day final payment window. They can announce changes for beyond the 45 day period so that folks can opt out before final payment if the experience no longer suits their budget.

[quote name='Cel_cruise']I totally agree that sharing is NOT right and what I am going to say doesn't condone sharing

[COLOR="Red"][I]..but I also think cruisers (not specifically the OP!) that booked this year, did so with the old drink prices. The tipping policy change came first - and that was reasonable, but the recent price hike is much more excessive. These folks have no time to plan and budget more funds - their trips are NOW, not next year.

[B][COLOR="Red"]I think that they have the right to be frustrated and angry. They booked and made final payment with a different premise from the cruise line. [/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/B][/I]
Sure - it's in the Ts and Cs that everything can change - but just as we expect passengers to do the ethical thing and not share, I think we should expect Royal to do so as well and not make changes inside the 45 day final payment window. They can announce changes for beyond the 45 day period so that folks can opt out before final payment if the experience no longer suits their budget.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Georgia"][I]I booked our drink packages before my final payment was due for our cruise Feb 22-2015. I think it was a week maybe 2 tops after I booked our package it went from 15% to 18% gratuity. I don't think the 3% increase is that big of a deal.

Looking over the packages for our next cruise, maybe I am missing something, but the gratuity is the only change I see.... Can someone correct me if I am wrong[/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='LilBlackDress'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Georgia"][I]I booked our drink packages before my final payment was due for our cruise Feb 22-2015. I think it was a week maybe 2 tops after I booked our package it went from 15% to 18% gratuity. I don't think the 3% increase is that big of a deal.

Looking over the packages for our next cruise, maybe I am missing something, but the gratuity is the only change I see.... Can someone correct me if I am wrong[/I][/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

The price on individual drinks also appears to have risen, in addition to the increased gratuity. Some have speculated that this is designed to drive more people towards purchasing a drinks package.

It's still only a few dollars in the scheme of things, and no excuse for stealing

[quote name='sailor05']Change your mind about getting a package???

[URL]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45925613#post45925613[/URL]

YOU JUST SAID THIS TODAY:

"We will be On the Legend 10 day next Friday and their is no way we will be buying the drink package at over a $1000 when 5 of those days are in port and two of the excursions have drinks included. might as well take $ 500 in cash and throw it overboard."

So which is it? Buy it and steal? Or not? Troll much?[/QUOTE]

No I have not changed my mind, I will not being buying the Drink package.. and I am not trolling. I did make this post to bring attention to the Stupid price policy the RCCL has implemented. No need for me to buy a package. I get my two bottles of wine,my free drinks and a couple beers in the day and i am set

BUT my statement IMHO reflects what people will do and are doing because of this pricing policy. but will not come out and say it because they will get jumped on here. Just look at the number of post asking can I only buy 1 package ect.... Sharing goes on and we ALL know it as well as RCCL but people wont say it.Heck that is probably one of the reasons they have raised the prices to began with.

I made my point and called even more attention to the issues along with the other post here on this same subject. If enough people complain about it or the issues keeps coming to the forefront here we can effect change. I have see it done for a lot less meaningful stuff then this, but the point is it works we can ether stand up and say something about the new pricing or lay down and let them take all our money.

[quote name='Cel_cruise']I totally agree that sharing is NOT right and what I am going to say doesn't condone sharing

..but I also think cruisers (not specifically the OP!) that booked this year, did so with the old drink prices. The tipping policy change came first - and that was reasonable, but the recent price hike is much more excessive. These folks have no time to plan and budget more funds - their trips are NOW, not next year.

I think that they have the right to be frustrated and angry. They booked and made final payment with a different premise from the cruise line.

Sure - it's in the Ts and Cs that everything can change - but just as we expect passengers to do the ethical thing and not share, I think we should expect Royal to do so as well and not make changes inside the 45 day final payment window. They can announce changes for beyond the 45 day period so that folks can opt out before final payment if the experience no longer suits their budget.[/QUOTE]

I did not even think along these lines but you are so right. Some passengers have to save up a very long time to be able to take a vacation. It may be their trip of a life time and just when they think they have it all set. WAMOOO they pull the rug out from under you and dangle the carrot even further from your reach.

I can afford to cruise as a lot of us on here can,but their are people in life that must plan and save for these trips and any price increase really hurts them and their budget.

[quote name='splash_in_the_water']^take it to twitter, facebook, instagram, twitter too :D The shirts [I]hate[/I] that. You're really only reaching a small % here. You are right though, if you want to see change, you have to speak up.[/QUOTE]

Yep but they do look here to and they know the people here cruise and cruise a lot, so it gives them an almost instant picture of how their ideas and policy will be taken on a wider scale. They would be foolish not to read these Boards

[quote name='yogimax']I noticed this too. If he is telling the truth (?) about his cruise history, he is Diamond. That means unlimited drinks for hours. Sad to say, but the only explanation is that..........

Bottom Line: It is totally unethical. If the OP really does what he says, he has made an ethical decision and will have to live with the consequences, not just the consequences of being caught, but the consequences of a lifestyle built on a lack of morality and self-justification. Truly, this thread has saddened me![/QUOTE]

Yep that is my cruise History just search my post and you will see the dates I have been on these boards. and the roll calls I have been a part of.

Not A Troll. BUT I did get your attention.

[quote name='reallyitsmema']Hope you have signed up for your Meet and Mingle. Giving the cruise line your screen name and real name and then telling the world you are going to share a drink package is priceless.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I have NEVER signed up for a Meet and Mingle EVER.