Crown and Anchor Pins

This is the kind of thing that I would be quite happy to see RCI do away with as part of their ongoing cost cutting exercise.

They don't have any real purpose. We have just left ours in our suite on cruises where we have moved through the C&A status levels. They seem pointless.

Seems kind of an overly self centered response. Perhaps others enjoy the thrill of obtaining the next level and the rewards, however pointless you may believe?

To each their own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by Motorman23

Ooh.. I love pins! We will do our first RCI in a couple of weeks and are going straight in as platinum/ celebrity select.. Will we get pins!?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think you'll get pins. While you will see some of the amenities given to Platinum members because of the reciprocity agreement with Celebrity, you are not a member of the Crown & Anchor Society. You will have to earn that status by sailing with RCI. After you become a Platinum member with RCI, you will receive your pins.

Ooh.. I love pins! We will do our first RCI in a couple of weeks and are going straight in as platinum/ celebrity select.. Will we get pins!?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think you'll get pins. While you will see some of the amenities given to Platinum members because of the reciprocity agreement with Celebrity, you are not a member of the Crown & Anchor Society. You will have to earn that status by sailing with RCI. After you become a Platinum member with RCI, you will receive your pins.

cruiseguy1016, that was my fairly recent experience. My first cruise after obtaining Celebrity Select was on Enchantment in 2013 and no pin. I got my 30th C&A point on that cruise and had a platinum pin sitting on my bed on my next RCI cruise. Sorry, maisiecat.

Roy

My wife and I are both D+ and have only received one pin and that was when we became Platium. And to add to that the crystal we also have received just one.

Our D+ pins came in the mail. If you want them, call C&A and tell then you never received your pins and luggage tags.

On a cruise late last year we received an emerald pin on our bed. I was very happy because I can now add it to our collection. We were never emerald as that is a fairly new level but still happy to get the pin. Still wonder what they were thinking.

Have you cruised with RCI since attaining Platinum level? The pin should be in your stateroom on your first cruise AFTER attaining the level. If you don't get one, ask your stateroom attendant. He/she will get you one.

We became D+ a few years ago and never received the pins. I just asked for them on our cruise on the Grandeur. Should have received them on the Explorer. I did contact Crown and Anchor and all they sent me were the luggage tags

Edited by psupa

I had to phone C&A and request our Platinum pins. I was expecting them on our cruise but they never showed up. They are a nice pin but I won't wear it, they're pinned to our cruise folder.

I like and appreciate them, but I won't wear them because they poke holes in my clothes. Plus, they look sort of silly on a t-shirt, sort of like a Star Trek emblem or something. :D:):D

I like and appreciate them, but I won't wear them because they poke holes in my clothes. Plus, they look sort of silly on a t-shirt, sort of like a Star Trek emblem or something. :D:):D

We always joke that the D+ pin looks like a Third Reich symbol.:eek::eek:

Honestly, we wear our pins because it reminds us that we, in some small way, represent Royal Caribbean, a company that we enjoy. When wearing them we make the effort to be pleasant and cordial to crew and passengers.

As others have said, it is the most expensive piece of jewelry that anyone in this family owns. Haha

Edited by beachnative

Never have received any pins.....have been Diamond for awhile. Was on the Jewel last year and will be on Quantum, Adventure and Oasis this year! But we still have RCI items given out from years ago!

We always joked that they looked like a Third Reich symbol.:eek::eek:

Honestly, we wear our pins because it reminds us that we, in some small way, represent Royal Caribbean, a company that we enjoy. When wearing them we make the effort to be as pleasant and cordial to crew and passengers.

As others have said, it is the most expensive piece of jewelry that anyone in this family owns. Haha

Different generations. LOL! :D:):D But I understand what you are saying. Thanks. :)

There are luggage tags too? :eek:

Yes, the D+ welcome kit includes luggage tags. However, one of ours broke off after only a couple of flights, so I don't think anyone is missing much if they don't have them.

We were asked by the Concierge in 2012 on the Radiance to please wear our D+ pins all the time. It helps crew recognize repeat cruisers we were told. I did break one of the two D+ luggage tags we received and called and got a replacement in the mail. Our luggage tags are on the backpack & carryon bag as they are plastic and won't last on a checked bag.

Edited by julesbeara

Hmmmm, I swore we got gold pins.

You probably did, We got Gold Pins before RC changed the C&A Levels. When they added Emerald, they stopped giving out Gold Pins. We still have our Gold. Our Platinum pins were in our stateroom waiting for us on our first cruise after obtaining that level...had to see the LA for our Emerald ones.

Pete

We were asked by the Concierge in 2012 on the Radiance to please wear our D+ pins all the time. It helps crew recognize repeat cruisers we were told. I did break one of the two D+ luggage tags we received and called and got a replacement in the mail. Our luggage tags are on the backpack & carryon bag as they are plastic and won't last on a checked bag.

I'm not trying to get into an argument but one could argue that the crew should really be treating everyone as though they are D+, we all had to start some place and my lowly Platinum status still cost plenty of $$ to get there. Just sayin!

Hate pokin' holes in my clothes too. I wear mine on a ball cap. :cool:

Wear your pins and imagine that you have military rank. Like below for US Navy and Army/Air Force/Marine Corps officer rank equivalents:

Gold (1st Cruise) = Ensign / Second Lieutenant

Gold = Lieutenant Junior Grade / First Lieutenant

Platinum = Lieutenant / Captain

Emerald = Lt. Commander / Major

Diamond = Commander / Lt. Colonel

Diamond Plus = Captain / Colonel

Pinnacle = Rear Admiral (Lower Half) / Brigadier General

Of course, non-C&A members are merely enlisted and non-coms. ;-)