I can't believe it!

npb

I agree. It doesn't require training to deal with a rude person. It simply requires compassion.

A great answer to people like this is let them get it all out, then smile sweetly and say, "Have a wonderful day!"

You are probably correct here.

My response was a bit provocative but I couldnt help it

" I admire your hard work and effort you must have put in over many years ... ( pause). Nobody is born that ignorant "

Didnt see him again at the queue for the eggs though - happy result all round

We once saw a very rude passenger from the UK ill treat his waiter for most of the evening in Qsine. It was so annoying that, in some ways, it spoiled our evening and we felt embarrassed to be British! :o

We didn't say anything to him though, but when he had gone we had a good chat with the waiter and congratulated him for his professionalism. We also gave him an extra tip, gave his name in for someone with exceptional service and spoke to the restaurant manager on the way out. Hopefully, it made him feel better ---- sadly I got the feeling that staff get used to it .....

We certainly wouldn't have felt happy confronting the man - it would have caused a major incident judging by his manner.

Finally - I keep coming over here to check out this thread to see what happened to the OP. I can't believe that the OP has not replied yet and that it is still going. Makes me laugh :D I couldn't resist joining in this time. :)

Dining in Blu we walked out after our main entree without having any desert. The next night our server asked us why we walked out because the maitre d noticed we didn't stay for desert and thought it because our service was too slow or bad. We told him that we don't normally have desert as we don't feel they are worth extra calories. That night as we were leaving the Maitre d stopped us and asked why we didn't stay for desert and we told him. He said that we shouldn't worry about it as we are on a cruise and we replied that we work too hard staying trim and fit for us to indulge in sweet tasteless calorie ladened artery cloggers that we don't have a taste for. He then offered to make something more "healthful". All he was trying to do was appease us and couldn't understand why we wouldn't stay for desert. He also said that it didn't look good because the other diners think that we are having a problem.

I think sometimes they try too hard and don't realize that it is nothing personal and afraid that it is.

happy cruising

We just had the same problem, though on RCI, not Celebrity. DW is diabetic and had reached her limit of carbs for the day, so she declined dessert. Besides, she was full. She explained this to the waiter, but he wouldn't take no for an answer. He offered various sugar-free desserts, but we got up to leave. The maitre d' stopped us before leaving the MDR to try to rectify a problem that did not exist. In doing so, he almost had my wife in tears because they would not listen to her tell them that, no thank you, she did not want dessert. In trying to fix a perceived and nonexistent problem, they caused one.

The OP has also posted on another thread. Intriguing to me that there is now no mention of Security etc.

I was one who, initially, did believe his / her story - I have had a very bad experience with a Maitre D (or asst ?) on my first Cel X cruise which was my Honeymoon. Had it not been for the Hotel Director and the GRM we would have got off the ship.

Perhaps it all got resolved. Find it a bit strange that it just abruptly ended without any further input from the OP. :confused:

His post is on a thread entitled 'Checking in From Reflection ' http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2195759&page=3

"We were on the TA and the Mediterranean cruise following it. We found housekeeping wonderful as always, but dining room food and service was not up to Celebrity standards. Our last cruise was 39 days on Solstice and the food/menu was delicious so we never went to a specialty restaurant. This cruise was 27 days and we ended up going to specialty restaurants most nights. On the 11 day Mediterranean, we only ate in Opus 2 nights.

We talked to some waiters and they said even more cutbacks were coming from Miami. Also, many senior waiters were planning on leaving.

These were are 27th and 28th Celebrity cruises and we were terribly disappointed."

She is indicating that whatever happened and whatever resolution did or did not take place she went back at least twice over a very long cruise.

Maybe they were compensated in such a way she is dropping that part of the complaint. Or maybe as someone else mentioned it was a misunderstanding and security was not called. Or maybe I watch too many detective shows. :rolleyes:

She is indicating that whatever happened and whatever resolution did or did not take place she went back at least twice over a very long cruise.

Maybe they were compensated in such a way she is dropping that part of the complaint. Or maybe as someone else mentioned it was a misunderstanding and security was not called. Or maybe I watch too many detective shows. :rolleyes:

Are you reading that from gcgold's quote?

I don't see ANY indication that he/she is going to clarify the original very inflammatory post at all.

(And I was one of the people that defended him/her.)

I don't see ANY indication that he/she is going to clarify the original very inflammatory post at all.

She reported she went back twice on another thread. Or she said on the second half of her b2b she ate their twice. This would mean after the TA she ate there at least twice.

The maybe's are all my imagination.

I also posted requesting a clarification.

Edited by hulamoon
Trying to edit...just will not let me...

Sorry if I appear a bit dim, what is a "very inflammatory post".

It wouldnt surprise me if some of the staff (wrongly IMHO) decided that the OP was a constant moaner and things went downhill from there. I have found some of these (Asst) Maitre D's inter-personal skills somewhat lacking - there may well be Cultural background issues at the root of this.

The bottom line is that Celebrity have a very disillusioned , previously very loyal , Customer, and some others who have growing concerns about the 'Modern Luxury'.

Sorry if I appear a bit dim, what is a "very inflammatory post".

It wouldnt surprise me if some of the staff (wrongly IMHO) decided that the OP was a constant moaner and things went downhill from there. I have found some of these (Asst) Maitre D's inter-personal skills somewhat lacking - there may well be Cultural background issues at the root of this.

The bottom line is that Celebrity have a very disillusioned , previously very loyal , Customer, and some others who have growing concerns about the 'Modern Luxury'.

Sorry I wasn't clearer.

The "very inflammatory post" was the original post from the OP about security accosting them at the elevator.

When I said "Are you reading that from gcgold's post" I was asking if hulamoon thought there was a resolution from your post which included the quote:

"We were on the TA and the Mediterranean cruise following it. We found housekeeping wonderful as always, but dining room food and service was not up to Celebrity standards. Our last cruise was 39 days on Solstice and the food/menu was delicious so we never went to a specialty restaurant. This cruise was 27 days and we ended up going to specialty restaurants most nights. On the 11 day Mediterranean, we only ate in Opus 2 nights.

We talked to some waiters and they said even more cutbacks were coming from Miami. Also, many senior waiters were planning on leaving.

These were are 27th and 28th Celebrity cruises and we were terribly disappointed."

I didn't think that quote indicated a resolution.

Anyways, I'm sorry for the confusion and hope I've cleared it up and not made it worse.

Some people had good to excellent experiences and others didn't on this sailing.

Unfortunately whatever happened or didn't happen a former loyal cruiser is no longer.

I have found some staff to be a bit more aggressive with their service but security and plates of food at the elevator make for a curious circumstance.

Some people had good to excellent experiences and others didn't on this sailing.

Unfortunately whatever happened or didn't happen a former loyal cruiser is no longer.

I have found some staff to be a bit more aggressive with their service but security and plates of food at the elevator make for a curious circumstance.

Your 2nd paragraph is the pertinent one. Something is seriously wrong when a Cel X loyalist of almost 30 cruises ends up like this.

I hope the ' official' Celebrity CC sees this and puts something into operation. Whatever happened this is a bad result .

We've only been provided with part of the story, and it is part of the story the O.P. shared.

I think there is another side but we'll never hear it from Celebrity.

We don't know but Celebrity management may well have looked at this Customer and simply said "Enough". There can come a point when no matter how many times some one has provided their custom that it just isn't worth the cost to do business with them. Constant complaints, never ending demands, never satisfied, abusing staff can all be reasons that it may be Celebrities choice that these good folks are no longer customers.

We just don't know what happened but I hope the O.P. enjoys whatever cruise line they next choose, and no doubt Celebrity will find another customer to take their place.

We've only been provided with part of the story, and it is part of the story the O.P. shared.

I think there is another side but we'll never hear it from Celebrity.

We don't know but Celebrity management may well have looked at this Customer and simply said "Enough". There can come a point when no matter how many times some one has provided their custom that it just isn't worth the cost to do business with them. Constant complaints, never ending demands, never satisfied, abusing staff can all be reasons that it may be Celebrities choice that these good folks are no longer customers.

We just don't know what happened but I hope the O.P. enjoys whatever cruise line they next choose, and no doubt Celebrity will find another customer to take their place.

How can u possibly come to these conclusions?

I have witnessed Really obnoxious behaviour by guests and the superb Cel X have dealt with it - as anyone with managerial F & B experience will relate to.

Persistent moaners wouldnt have done 25 + cruises with the same line .

Leave the OP to make their own decisions about whether they wish to expand upon their experiences or not.

IMHO it is a bad situation all round . Sad for them and sad for Cel X

How can u possibly come to these conclusions?

I have witnessed Really obnoxious behaviour by guests and the superb Cel X have dealt with it - as anyone with managerial F & B experience will relate to.

Leave the OP to make their own decisions about whether they wish to expand upon their experiences or not.

IMHO it is a bad situation all round . Sad for them and sad for Cel X

Couldn't agree with you more, gcgold. Some people on these forums do get carried away somewhat and come to outrageous conclusions. Usually in the unequivocal support of Celebrity. I'Ve been on the wrong side of these people before - it's like Daniel in the lions den!! :eek:

Couldn't agree with you more, gcgold. Some people on these forums do get carried away somewhat and come to outrageous conclusions. Usually in the unequivocal support of Celebrity. I'Ve been on the wrong side of these people before - it's like Daniel in the lions den!! :eek:

Didn't Daniel win?

I respectfully disagree. I have met several couples on Celebrity cruises that complain about anything and everything, yet they keep coming back (they are Elite/Elite +). I believe that is their personality, and nothing would satisfy them.

think they would bother with security over a glass of wine? you can't run a tab so it would only be one glass

Ahhhh.... And that would explain why security was called.

If they left without signing their drink tab, it's the same as skipping out on your bar tab at ANY bar or restaurant.

The little details are the ones that count....LOL

On the Silhouette TA, we had wonderful service in second seating fixed dining. Our waiter was excellent and service was at the proper speed. But on the last night, we decided to dine with our friends for a final dinner in Select. It was incredibly slow, from offering the menus down to serving dessert. We all needed to finish packing, etc., but we were still in the dining room after 11 eating our dessert. Friends in Select also reported long waits; at one meal, they went to 4 to Select and we went down to 3 at the same time; we had our typical excellent service and they weren't done for another 45 minutes. So something ain't working right, that's for sure. Food was okay, what I've come to expect, nothing complaint-worthy, but perfectly adequate banquet food.