I can't believe it!

npb

Below is a post from the OP on the April 27 Reflection Roll Call - perhaps the dinner described in the post was just the final straw:

Originally posted by npb

April 13th, 2015, 08:50 AM

Dining service is not up to par. Very slow and disjointed. At lunch, party of 8, one person did not get entrée until everyone else had finished meal, including dessert. Over an hour wait to get Bloody Mary. No coffee offered until finished with dessert.

Edited by MarKay525

Not really.

On a ship they know where to find you.

Before the drink package there were several nights where we'd leave dinner without paying for our wine. One time I went back to the dining room because I realized it and the sommelier said exactly that to me - "We know where to find you - don' t worry about it".

(We paid the next night)

That might be true for traditional seatings, but one night in select dining, I hunted down the sommelier who thanked me profusely, saying many people would have walked out without paying.

That might be true for traditional seatings, but one night in select dining, I hunted down the sommelier who thanked me profusely, saying many people would have walked out without paying.

While I'm sure that it makes it harder for the sommelier, they DO know your name and room number, in Select. The hostess asks for it, every time you are seated (with or without prior reservations). Count me in with the crowd that thinks there is more to this story, than we've been told -- so far. ;)

Does anyone have email address for Richard Fain and Lisa Lutoff-Perlo?

Neither will do in your situation. They take too long to reply. Keep the situation at the ship level. Ask to meet with Hotel Director. Document everything.

Agreed! NPB -- if this is about the issue with the MDR Maitre'd (raised in your other thread) you are much better off dealing with it, while you are still on the ship. As WestLake Girl pointed out, the Hotel Director is most likely the person you need to see, about this. If you absolutely can't resolve it onboard, then an e-mail or letter to Corporate would be pretty much a last resort. Good luck, and please let us know how things turn out. :cool:

me, too (wish OP would come back!)

But on a few of our cruises, when we needed to leave the MDR and couldn't find the wine steward to sign, we've just let our waiter or assistant waiter know that we would sign the next day ... never a problem.

And once or twice the wine steward has told us the same thing when s/he knew we were in a hurry ... you can sign tomorrow and we know how to find you!

I wish the OP would come back and explain........

The OP turned up on another thread, asking for e-mail addresses for Richard Fain and Lisa L-P. A couple of us who recognized the OP (from this thread), urged her to try to see the Hotel Director about the problem. We pointed out that it's always better to resolve an issue like this while you're still onboard -- and that contacting Corporate is usually the path of last resort. Hopefully, the OP will return, and tell us how things worked out. :cool:

Edited by wwcruisers

The OP turned up on another thread, asking for e-mail addresses for Richard Fain and Lisa L-P. A couple of us who recognized the OP (from this thread), urged her to try to see the Hotel Director about the problem. We pointed out that it's always better to resolve an issue like this while you're still onboard -- and that contacting Corporate is usually the path of last resort. Hopefully, the OP will return, and tell us how things worked out. :cool:

I read the other thread (really bored here this morning so I'm reading CC :o ) and you're right.

However, this thread was started at 4 am (my time) and the other at 5am (also my time). It's currently 11:30 here so it's been a while with no response.

OP is on a transatlantic, which should mean it's evening there .

Your solution is DEFINITELY the most expeditious. Hope they read it!

Agreed! NPB -- if this is about the issue with the MDR Maitre'd (raised in your other thread) you are much better off dealing with it, while you are still on the ship. As WestLake Girl pointed out, the Hotel Director is most likely the person you need to see, about this. If you absolutely can't resolve it onboard, then an e-mail or letter to Corporate would be pretty much a last resort. Good luck, and please let us know how things turn out. :cool:

Agreed. As they are onboard now, their best bet is to speak with the Hotel Director.

"On the way out, we were confronted by the Maître d' holding a plate of food. My husband kiddingly told him that he owed him a glass of wine the next evening. The Maître' de followed us to the elevator where we were confronted by security. We made quite an embarrassing spectacle while waiting for an elevator while being chastised by security and the Maître de still holding a plate of food."

I'm thinking maybe the syntax is a problem. Was her husband walking out of the MDR carrying a plate of food? Was that why he suggested he owed them a glass of wine? Was security called because they were headed upstairs carrying food that was not supposed to leave the restaurant? If it was the Maitre' de following them with a plate of the refused food, that sounds like what would happen if you walked out of a five star French restaurant :D

I agree with those who think there was more going on in the MDR between the poster and staff than is indicated in the post. And I can't believe the staff, having to know how high a level of customer this is with 28 crises under their belt, would treat them shabbily.

It couldn't have been the drink tab. They signed them in when they seated them and would probably simply charge the drinks to the sail card.

I think i can shed some light on this: you see, one of their dishes was chicken. It was not cooked to their satisfaction. In fact, the chicken was still alive. The other dish offered by the hostess was shrimp but they were still swimming around in the cocktail sauce. They were so upset that they left the dining room and took the live chicken with them. Well, my friends, that is theft. Most likely the real reason they were stopped by security...

I had to make uo something...my curiosity was getting the best of me. :D i will stay tuned!

I think i can shed some light on this: you see, one of their dishes was chicken. It was not cooked to their satisfaction. In fact, the chicken was still alive. The other dish offered by the hostess was shrimp but they were still swimming around in the cocktail sauce. They were so upset that they left the dining room and took the live chicken with them. Well, my friends, that is theft. Most likely the real reason they were stopped by security...

I had to make uo something...my curiosity was getting the best of me. :D i will stay tuned!

And people on this board say the food isn't fresh! :p:rolleyes:

Very strange and I wish the OP would come back to clear up some of these questions.

It's ok to not like the dinner. It's ok to choose to walk out and eat in the buffet.

Why was security involved? The had to either walk out on their bar bill or they caused a scene over their food.

Normally the Maitr'd's don't ever leave the dining room...so to go after

them at the elevator?........something is definitely strange......:eek:

All I have to say about the food is that we were on a 14 day southern Caribbean cruise on the Eclipse in March and I thought the food was mediocre at best. As well, very often, one person would receive their main course while others at the table were just getting their appetizers. We found the buffet had far more variety many nights. And the food, while pretty bland, was pretty good. Service in the MDR was very slow but the waiters were all very friendly and tried their best. I think it's an understaffing problem.

So, for the next cruise, it's back to HAL to see if the food quality is slipping on all the major cruise lines or if it's just Celebrity. Last time on HAL (Eurodam) a couple of years ago, the food was far superior to our Celebrity experience this time.