Port intensive Royal cruise will there be port day activities?

Flo71

I am booking a port intensive cruise as the price and dates fit. But I will miss sea days - will there be any activities onboard on port days?

Thanks

Where?

Usually port days are toned way down, most people are off the ship.

Check out the Princess Patter website here on CC for your cruise and see what they offer.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Depends on your cruise director. But hopefully he or she will be aware that some passengers will stay on board in some ports and have at least a few things to do (movies,etc.). The gym will definitely be open and the spa always seems to have port day specials.

Daily activities were very poor and sparse on Royal over New Year, but we did have a very poor CD. She was rarely seen, and even when our day in St Kitts was cancelled due to bad weather there was nothing much on offer.

This has not been our experience on other Princess ships. Hope you have a better CD as this seems to make a huge difference to how active the entertainment staff are.

There is usually at least one daytime trivia on port days and there may be two. Dining venues are open (except the MDR for lunch) as are bars and pools. The fitness center and spa also operate and the spa has some lower pricing on port days. There will most likely be some CD activity in the Piazza area in the afternoon.

Daily activities were very poor and sparse on Royal over New Year, but we did have a very poor CD. She was rarely seen, and even when our day in St Kitts was cancelled due to bad weather there was nothing much on offer.

This has not been our experience on other Princess ships. Hope you have a better CD as this seems to make a huge difference to how active the entertainment staff are.

Who was the CD?

Got off the Rotal two weeks ago. Lisa Beals?(sp) was the CD. There was a lot going on for at sea days. Only two ports so do not know about activities as we went off ship. She seemed to be everywhere along with her staff. Good group of people.

Also depends on the ports. Ports in the Caribbean tend to have a higher stay on board percentage versus say the med, so they plan more for those days ahead of time (they have a general idea of what percent leaves the ship).

Got off the Rotal two weeks ago. Lisa Beals?(sp) was the CD. There was a lot going on for at sea days. Only two ports so do not know about activities as we went off ship. She seemed to be everywhere along with her staff. Good group of people.

The CD was Lisa Ball. There were activities on port days. I stayed aboard on Princess Cay day because my excursion was cancelled and I'm not a beach person.

Sue

Sample on-board activities on the Royal on a port day:

Arrive 8:00 AM, depart 6:00 PM (on board by 5:30 PM)

8:30 AM Bible studies

9:00 AM Mahjong Get-Together

9:15 AM Trivia

10:00 AM Open play lawn balls

10:15 AM Chess lovers get-together

11:15 AM Wii bowling challenge

12 Noon Trivia

1:00 PM movie in Princess Theater

1:00 PM Ping-Pong challenge

1:30 PM Knitters and needlepoint get-together

1:30 PM Chanpagne ring toss

1:30 PM Open bridge play

2:00 PM Tom Jones concert on MUTS

2:30 PM Bocce ball competition

2:45 PM Win, Lose or Draw game

3:00 PM Another concert on MUTS

4:00 PM Smartphones seminar

4:00 PM Friends of Dr. Bob and Bill W. meeting

4:15 PM Trivia

4:30 PM Zumba fitness class

5:30 PM Piano melodies in the Piazza

Sample on-board activities on the Royal on a port day:

Arrive 8:00 AM, depart 6:00 PM (on board by 5:30 PM)

8:30 AM Bible studies

9:00 AM Mahjong Get-Together

9:15 AM Trivia

10:00 AM Open play lawn balls

10:15 AM Chess lovers get-together

11:15 AM Wii bowling challenge

12 Noon Trivia

1:00 PM movie in Princess Theater

1:00 PM Ping-Pong challenge

1:30 PM Knitters and needlepoint get-together

1:30 PM Chanpagne ring toss

1:30 PM Open bridge play

2:00 PM Tom Jones concert on MUTS

2:30 PM Bocce ball competition

2:45 PM Win, Lose or Draw game

3:00 PM Another concert on MUTS

4:00 PM Smartphones seminar

4:00 PM Friends of Dr. Bob and Bill W. meeting

4:15 PM Trivia

4:30 PM Zumba fitness class

5:30 PM Piano melodies in the Piazza

Very helpful, thank you, I hope we get the Tom Jones concert at some point :)

No matter what concert they show on MUTS they'll be plenty of seats available.

Is there anyone on this planet who hasn't seen these shows a dozen times of more.:rolleyes: It's really time for a change.

Yes. All of the people walking around with "Blue" Cruise Cards, which is typically half the ship.

In that case why ever change any of the shows or introduce any new dishes in the DR....after all half the ship has never had the experience. :rolleyes:

Me, 10 Princess cruises and have never seen anything on MUTS ;)

Actually I've never sat through one of the concerts either. I just hear then when passing by & that's enough for me. :D

Me, 10 Princess cruises and have never seen anything on MUTS ;)

Me too. If I wanted to watch TV on vacation, I could have stayed home and paid virtually nothing...

In that case why ever change any of the shows or introduce any new dishes in the DR....after all half the ship has never had the experience. :rolleyes:

I would submit that the MUTS movies and concerts are changed and rotated with about the same frequency as the shows and dishes in the Dining rooms. I don't see any disparity there.