Are you happier with the new overnight on the cruise you had booked?

C 2 C

Were you asked if you were willing to lose a port in favour of the overnight?  

462 members have voted

1. 1. Were you asked if you were willing to lose a port in favour of the overnight?

• Yes. Celebrity asked for our preference.
    • No. Celebrity did not ask for our preference.
    • Yes. I prefer the overnight.
    • No. I prefer to visit another port.

Losing Antigua in favor of two days in Aruba. Also added a fifth sea day at time of itinerary change. No notification from X, and certainly prefer the itinerary we chose at time of booking. This could have been rolled out with post April 2017 sailings once released. In addition to this sailing being altered, we have two that were pulled from the inventory a month ago, still no word on what is up with those. Guess it frees up deposit $ to reallocate to another vacation.:confused:

Lost Dominica - never been there. Instead getting an overnight in St Martin... been there more times then I can count. Not happy. Never was asked or even notified!

Nov 18 2016 - 10 night ultimate cruise

Not happy...we lose Bonaire for an overnight in curaçao...we were already on curaçao until 11pm...did that really need to be an overnight....I love curaçao and will have plenty that we enjoy doing there but this was a big snorkeling cruise for us and losing the best spot, Bonaire, does not make us happy. If it weren't that we already have our air and a Hotwire priced hotel, I would cancel. Those poor Bonaire tours..how much money will they be losing...

We aren't happy either about changes in itinerary for our March 6, 2016 on the Eclipse. We booked this cruise specifically for the island of Bonaire. It would be our first time there. We have two other couples going with us and I have hotel reservations and air fare locked in. What a pain to change all that now. I actually remember paying more for this cruise going to Bonaire than one of the other cruises not going to Bonaire.

So, we will overnight in Curacao. We have been there several times already and only walked around the town for 3 or 4 hours the last visit.

Anyone have any suggestions of things to do on Curacao? Beaches? Dining?

When I heard about this I immediately started to wonder what's in it for Celebrity. Must be a cost savings somewhere for them. Didn't think about port fees and fuel savings until I read it here. That could possibly be it, but are there any other savings for Celebrity for these overnight stays?

We aren't happy either about changes in itinerary for our March 6, 2016 on the Eclipse. We booked this cruise specifically for the island of Bonaire. It would be our first time there. We have two other couples going with us and I have hotel reservations and air fare locked in. What a pain to change all that now. I actually remember paying more for this cruise going to Bonaire than one of the other cruises not going to Bonaire.

So, we will overnight in Curacao. We have been there several times already and only walked around the town for 3 or 4 hours the last visit.

When I heard about this I immediately started to wonder what's in it for Celebrity. Must be a cost savings somewhere for them. Didn't think about port fees and fuel savings until I read it here. That could possibly be it, but are there any other savings for Celebrity for these overnight stays?

In our case, the extra sea day means you are likely to spend money on the ship instead of the port. Plus the fuel and port fee savings. The part that burns us is we paid the port fees that included an additional port!:eek:

I am never happy when I buy a product and I don't receive what I bought. But sense this is a cruise vacation, I can live with the overnight in Cartagena (3/14/16 Equinox Sailing). But what bugs me to no end, in spite of two e-mail requests to Celebrity's "Customer Service Dept." we still have not been officially informed of this change. If not for CC I would still be planning my private shore excursions based on the original itinerary. This is bad business practices and will make a future booking with Celebrity less likely.:mad:

Jan 30/17 dropped Belize for an overnight in Cozumel. The kicker is that if you search for a new cruise they show Cartagena as the overnight but My Celebrity shows Cozumel? Still no notification from Celebrity.

We are now missing Belize to be in Cozumel from 12 noon until 5 pm the next day so cant even book an excursion to Chichen Itza.

The comparison between Europe and the Caribbean is outright stupid. They are nothing alike!

My 2017 Eclipse cruise is missing Antigua, with an overnight in Aruba. I've never been to either, so now to figure out what to do with two days in Aruba.

I have also just checked my Celebrity Equinox Itinerary for our November 7, 2016 Cruise, and they eliminated Belize City for an overnight stay in Cartegena. Although this change does not bother me, since I have been to Belize City before, it would have been nice if Celebrity would have sent an e-mail stating the itinerary change.

At least Colon, Panama and Costa Rica are still on the itinerary, and for us, the main point of our trip.

I am glad Cartegena is the overnight instead of Cozumel on this cruise.

I am never happy when I buy a product and I don't receive what I bought. But sense this is a cruise vacation, I can live with the overnight in Cartagena (3/14/16 Equinox Sailing). But what bugs me to no end, in spite of two e-mail requests to Celebrity's "Customer Service Dept." we still have not been officially informed of this change. If not for CC I would still be planning my private shore excursions based on the original itinerary. This is bad business practices and will make a future booking with Celebrity less likely.:mad:

I called Captain's Club last week and asked for a new booking confirmation...I had it immediately and it shows the new itinerary.

I've found Celebrity and Royal Caribbean to be ridiculously slow when it comes to managing/responding to e-mail.:p

In our case, the extra sea day means you are likely to spend money on the ship instead of the port. Plus the fuel and port fee savings. The part that burns us is we paid the port fees that included an additional port!:eek:

Interestingly, my revised invoice showing the new itinerary and my original invoice with the original itinerary (one more port)show the same port charges. However, a new mock booking for the same cruise shows port charges that are about $13 less per person. My guess is that any port charge difference will be refunded, or result in a lower final payment.

mac_tlc

I would go to the Dolphin Academy and snorkle with the dolphins. FABULOUS! We also took a bus tour of the local area. That said, I have no clue what I would do for an overnight! There is a lovely Marriott just outside the port if you want to jump ship :eek:

We vacationed in St. martin for over 20 years. 2 years ago we canceled our stay because of the mosquito bourne illness. St. martin has a lot of mosquitoes at night. Daytime isn't bad. Nights are full of hungry mosquitoes. Even using repellants and mosquito netting, we still got bitten. Staying overnight in St. martin puts everyone on the ship at risk for a mosquito bourne illness. I will not book a cruise that overnights in St. martin.

We are booked on the 11 day Caribbean trip on 11/30/15 which includes Cartagena, but not an overnight there.

I checked Celebrity's website and it appears that our trip does not include an overnight.

Thanks.

PS I can't imagine wanting to wander around Cartagena at night. Feel very sorry for those who are missing Dominica, one of our favorite ports. We probably would have changed our cruise if this happened to us.

Does anyone know why I seem to not be able to vote in polls and switch pages (at the top) when using my IPad. I can switch pages at the bottom, but not the top.

A seething somewhere?

Thank you.

I had the same issues using Safari and got fed up with it so downloaded Mercury Browser for iPad and no problems now.

Phil

I'm really cross this change in our itinerary. We did get an email from Celebrity, but why would they do this when people have presumably booked a cruise based on the ports it visits? We can't cancel or change cruises as we've already booked flights from the UK to Florida and wouldn't get the money back for these. Perhaps if we lived in Florida and could cruise in the Caribbean regularly I'd be less angry, but as we live on the other side of the world we're doing the cruise to visit as many of the different islands as possible - this is not a trip we're going to be able to afford to make every year when we factor in the flights as well.

This just seems so high-handed of Celebrity, and this will be our last cruise with them. If I book to go somewhere I want to go there, not have the tour operator change the destination for no good reason. The 11 night Western Caribbean cruise will be costing us in total about £4.5k (nearly $7k) because of having to pay for flights and hotel in Florida etc. If I'm going to spend that much on a holiday I want to go where I've booked to go, not where somebody else decides I should go.

I had the same issues using Safari and got fed up with it so downloaded Mercury Browser for iPad and no problems now.

Phil

Thank you. It is good to know that I am not the only one. I will have to look it to that option. And I will try my Photon AP, but it will still be a pain.

We have 2 cruises affected by the change -- the 3/6/16 and the 2/5/17. My TA quickly sent me the notice to her from Celebrity. In the 2016 cruise we overnight in Curacao and the 2017 it's Aruba. I haven't started planning what to do in each of the ports yet but I'm not disappointed Celebrity made the change. I'm hopeful it will be interesting to do the overnight. I'm the half full kind of gal.

I am also on the 1/30/17 Equinox sailing with an overnight in Cozumel. I am very disappointed. This is our first Celebrity cruise and we booked it because of the itinerary. DH will not go to Mexico but I talked him into this cruise because it only had one Mexican port, we were looking forward to diving in Belize, etc., etc., etc. No Belize and an overnight in Cozumel, not what we booked or would have chosen.

As another poster said, what I enjoy about cruising is listening to the ship moving through the water at night, the anticipation of the next day, getting up early and watching the ship pull into port. There is no Caribbean port I want to overnight in so this will probably be our last Celebrity Caribbean sailing since we prefer the longer sailings.