Are you happier with the new overnight on the cruise you had booked?

C 2 C

Were you asked if you were willing to lose a port in favour of the overnight?  

462 members have voted

1. 1. Were you asked if you were willing to lose a port in favour of the overnight?

• Yes. Celebrity asked for our preference.
    • No. Celebrity did not ask for our preference.
    • Yes. I prefer the overnight.
    • No. I prefer to visit another port.

Am booked for November 2016, now losing Belize for overnight in Cartagena.

Picked this itinerary for birdwatching/wildlife viewing opportunities in Belize (as well as Panama and Cost Rica).

Have been to Cartagena before and enjoyed the old city but no interest in overnighting there. LOVED overnighting in Venice, but to me this is of far less value in the Caribbean than in major cities in Europe.

Strong chance I will cancel, looking at other options with other lines.

Same bull**** here, change in Equinox cruise april 17

Wrote to X customer service, answer was.

You are allowed to do anything because of our sales rules.....

I'm not allwed to cancel, nor change without loosing the deposit and perks.

If they will not fix that, no more business with X

Hopefully we will get that fixed without the lawers this time....

We are not happy loosing Bonaire as a port of call on 4/3/16 Eclipse. We enjoy snorkeling and Bonaire is an amazing snorkel port. Instead we now overnight in Curacao which has boring "island" tours. We live 30 minutes from world class beaches that annually make the top ten list so beaches are not why we cruise. We have been to Curacao before on several cruises and know what to expect.

We had planned to treat Curacao as a sea day. Now we are there two days. IMHO, the itinerary changes should have begun with the release of new bookings for future cruises. We could understand a change for weather, mechanical, or problems with a port of call, but this seems to be an executive decision regardless of how the majority feel about loosing Bonaire as a port of call.HUGE disappointment Celebrity..... HUGE! Rebooking is not an option for us this time but we will definitely remember this when we choose our next vacation. Celebrity will not be the choice.

Some ports I'd like to be in at night over some others to experience culture; would be very picky in Caribbean, but I certainly understand why people are disappointed at the change. Perhaps it should have been a future change and not current booked itineraries being altered.

Unhappy cruisers from US can cancel and book with RCCL. My March 2017 cruise lost Dominica and gained an overnight in St. Maarten. I found a cruise with RCCL for 2017 with a port call in Dominica and no overnight in St. Maarten and will be saving $1,355.90 by jumping ship and booking the Serenade. I know I will be lose my 1-2-3 as well as AQUA cabin and BLU but I wanted an new port to visit. That is the main reason I booked the cruise. Bet I can buy lost of drinks with the money I will be saving and also a few dinners in Chops. I love Celebrity and the Equinox but enough is enough. I too have not been notified of the change by Celebrity. Only found out by reading Message boards.

We were also very disappointed by the arbitrary change by Celebrity. I am disappointed at the loss of Belize from our itinerary and feel the same as many of you that there should be no change to the itinerary unless there is an emergent reason. When you book a cruise that is to visit certain ports that is what should happen barring any unforeseen circumstances. We were not consulted on any change and have not been advised to this date, learned of it on Cruise Critic.

Edited by Wondermouse
addition

It is very disappointing to have an itinerary change after booking a cruise (our March Equinox cruise lost Dominica to St. Martin) but what about the residents that live on these islands that have been eliminated as ports of call? They count on the cruise ship revenue from tours, food, trinkets. etc. for their economy and all of a sudden, the ships are not docking at their port. I think that we all know that (most of) the residents of the Caribbean are some of the most welcoming people that go out of there way to show cruise travelers THEIR country. Celebrity needs to understand the financial turmoil they are creating with this new overnight change.

Arno, I can't vote on your poll. Ever since I downloaded the newest IOS version this has been the case.

We have two cruises in 2016 impacted by the change, Jan. and Dec. on Eclipse. We are overnighting in Curaçao and Barbados, missing Grenada and Dominca, respectively. I'm not unhappy with the changes as someone on our January roll said Genada is nothing great and we've been to Dominica a few times and would have treated it as a sea.

We'll definitely eat dinner off ship in both places, probably rent a car in Curaçao the first day and go to lunch downtown the second. In Barbados will probably do an excursion day 1 and lunch in town the next day.

Not sure my plans fit into your poll but we are planning to make the most of the itinerary changes.

So far it seems that most of the people who voted for the overnight are not booked on any affected sailing according to their post history.

I didn't vote as I'm not booked, but I would have been upset with the change had I been. One day in Curacao is plenty, having been there before and not seeing that much I was interested in doing. When we book a Caribbean cruise, we look for ports we haven't already been to but this change will make that harder to do on X.

What is confusing is that Celebrity still has not communicated this change to us. I wonder when the people that are not on CruiseCritic will find out?

Also no response to any of the emails we have sent to Celebrity.

For a company that prided itself in Customer Service, it is terribly lacking on this change.

I received our "notification" via email from CC this morning. Just when did this change happen?

My wife and I are both avid divers and booked B2B the 10 and 11 night Ultimate Carib Cruise on the Equinox just for the fact of hitting so many ports that we have not been to and diving. We will lose on Dominica and Belize which is disappointing....and gain an overnight in Colombia (mixed feelings) and St Maarten (been there done that a couple of times).

:mad::mad:

January 2016 eclipse

Not happy

Curaçao overnight - no Bonaire

Booked November 2014

Still no notification from Celebrity as of today. Found out on our roll call

What they said! Ditto.

Booked over a year ago for the Feb. 7, 2016 cruise which included Bonaire. I booked this particular cruise specifically for the Bonaire port. Very upset it has been replaced with an overnight in Curacao. Wrote several emails with no response over a week later. Made two calls and was told both times it was due to port load, which is simply a lie.

Where is the "official" Celebrity Cruise Critic liaison?

I was very upset that they cancelled Dominica, it was my favorite port. I have been there done that with St Martin. We had planned to stay on the ship there and not get off at all. Now we would have another day of just staying on the ship. We decided that it was just not worth the cost. Your loss Celebrity!

Just received notification that Bonaire has been cancelled on our Jan. 10,2016 cruise. Really disappointed. One of reasons booking was Bonaire. Do not want two days in Curaçao, one is plenty. Not happy right now with Celebrity

I'm not sure what to think. We were a little bit ambivalent about this upcoming cruise to begin with, although I am not sure why. We booked while onboard our first Celebrity cruise which we really enjoyed and thought we should book another to get whatever advantage there was to booking onboard, which I have since forgotten.

I don't mind when something changes for a reason out of the cruise lines control, but I am not so happy about this type of change and I am unimpressed with the poor notification.

I have also lost count of how many times I have been to St Maarten but have always had to scurry back to the ship in the afternoon, so this could be interesting. Glad it wasn't St Thomas they chose for the overnight, as that would have been a deal breaker.

I am actually going to take a look at other cruises in the timeframe we want and see if something else sounds better. That means we could end up on another cruise line.

Edited by dznymom

I was very upset that they cancelled Dominica, it was my favorite port. I have been there done that with St Martin. We had planned to stay on the ship there and not get off at all. Now we would have another day of just staying on the ship. We decided that it was just not worth the cost. Your loss Celebrity!

As I posted previously I booked with Royal and will be cancelling my Celebrity as I want port call in Dominica and do not want to overnight in St. Maarten. Please take the time to check Royal's offerings.

Does anyone know why I seem to not be able to vote in polls and switch pages (at the top) when using my IPad. I can switch pages at the bottom, but not the top.

A seething somewhere?

Thank you.

I have the same problem. This has been going on since I got the lastest version of the IPad in Nov. I took it into Apple for that and a few other problems that I was having. As soon as the Genius seen this forum he said that CC is using a very old program or platform for the forums.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

We finally got notification of the itinerary change from Celebrity. I had to cancel my private excursion in Grenada. The tour provider is a small company and they are not at all happy with Celebrity. Our airfare is booked so changing the cruise is not an option.

I Am upset that X did not cancel the stop in Cozumel, I have been there so many times, but not to several of the other ports! What should I do?? :D

Edited by Bo1953

Count me as one of the people that are really upset about the change and how Celebrity has handled all of this.

However, I don't understand the poll results and percentages.

Yes. Celebrity asked for our preference. 4 2.30%

No. Celebrity did not ask for our preference. 114 65.52%

Yes. I prefer the overnight. 26 14.94%

No. I prefer to visit another port. 93 53.45%

65% + 2% = 67%

and

53% + 14% = 67%

Shouldn't both totals equal 100%? :confused: