Are you happier with the new overnight on the cruise you had booked?

C 2 C

Were you asked if you were willing to lose a port in favour of the overnight?  

462 members have voted

1. 1. Were you asked if you were willing to lose a port in favour of the overnight?

• Yes. Celebrity asked for our preference.
    • No. Celebrity did not ask for our preference.
    • Yes. I prefer the overnight.
    • No. I prefer to visit another port.

Celebrity just announced changes to the itineraries of a number of Caribbean cruises. As someone who is booked on two of the cruises that lost Bonaire, I know that we were not asked if we wanted this change but perhaps others booked on the affected cruises were.

If you were booked on these cruises, are you pleased that Celebrity cut a port in order to add the overnight?

X%20Overnight_zpsn9qpzw0x.png

We're missing out on Bonaire in January and staying a night in Curacao.

I was looking forward to finally getting to visit the ABC islands, but I'm going to try to look forward to the new experience of getting to spend overnight in a port and not worry about it too much.

Booked on Eclipse Feb. 2016, not happy about missing Bonaire. We still have not been notified by Celebrity about the change. We are Elite and have four cruises booked with Celebrity. Not happy about how they handled this.

Arno, thanks for doing the pole.

Marilyn

Sailing date :Feb 1, 2016 Equinox

We lose Costa Maya (no big deal) and now overnight in Cartagena.

Cartagena wouldn't have been my first choice for an overnight, but we asked for a change so we'll give it a try and see how it goes.

We've been to all of the ports so many times that anything to change up the cruise experience is worth a try.

I applaud Celebrity for trying something different. I understand the disappointment some have with an itinerary change after booking and while it would be nice to have the itinerary set in stone Celebrity understands those of us wanting change want it now, not 2 years from now when the "new" itineraries are published.

Edited by WpgCruise

Arno, thanks for the poll.

We are booked on March 24, 2017 Ultimate Caribbean 10 night, booked becaues of port call at Dominica. Dominica dropped for overnight in St. Maarten. Yeah, been there so many times do not even get off ship. On phone holding for Celebrity at the moment. Was never notified, found out on CC message boards. Most likely will cancel. Must be a better port to overnight in. Would have been nice if this had been done prior to selling to loyal cruisers.

We have lost St Kitts in favour of an extra night in another port. This is very disappointing and not something we would have chosen, we are one port down now.

We were emailed yesterday by Celebrity. Several days after we found out about it on here. If we cancel we will lose our deposits.

We have lost St Kitts in favour of an extra night in another port. This is very disappointing and not something we would have chosen, we are one port down now.

We were emailed yesterday by Celebrity. Several days after we found out about it on here. If we cancel we will lose our deposits.

I'm a bit peeved but DH is looking forward to an overnight. We've lost St Kitts for overnight it in St Maarten. You can swap to another cruise without losing your deposit in the UK. I think the point for us is that it's the Xmas cruise and it was a lot cheaper than the equinox

NOT happy.

We are booked on this cruise for 2016 and again in 2017. 1 overnights in Aruba and one in Curacao --- as far as I can tell. It's very confusing.

But we've never been to Bonaire and were looking forward to it.

St. Thomas is our favorite, and I wouldn't have minded if they had substituted that

other cruises are affected we had booked the reflection 2016 transatlantic but they cancelled the 2 spanish ports cartegena and malaga, added marseile and a sea day

we cancelled and booked the nov southern eclipse sailing and delighted with an overnight in aruba

We have been booked since March 2015 on the January 10, 2016, Eclipse, and one of the main reasons was the port stop of Bonaire. Now it is an overnight in Curaçao and no Bonaire.

We are very unhappy and want our port back. We had to cancel our private excursion, and this company told me they had 100 people in the same situation that we are that were booked with them. Their excursion price is $65 and that is $6500 in lost revenue for this company.

How would anyone like that to happen to their company?

I still have not received a notification from Celebrity as of today. We found out on our roll call.

We purchased a cruise with 8 port stops that now has become 7.

I can only ask again, "Please put our port stop back!!!"

I would be happy to know the status our Oct 17, 2016 cruise that we booked on the Infinity that we booked months ago that was with a overnight. I really don't care where the cruises go or lay over as long as the price is in my budget and has the perks that I enjoy. I just go along for the ride.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

So far it seems that most of the people who voted for the overnight are not booked on any affected sailing according to their post history.

Actually, we ARE affected. We are on the Equinox March 4, 2016. Originally scheduled for a stop in Dominica. Now instead the overnight in St. Martin. At first I was disappointed, but after discussing it with hubby and processing the advantages, it's going to work out even better.

Not happy at all. On our TA in October Malaga & Cartagena were cancelled and replaced with Marseilles and a sea day. We already have 8 did not need another. Our main reason for booking this cruise was for Malaga, a new port for us. Many on the roll call have already cancelled

We are sailing on Equinox March 25th 2016 and have had Dominica dropped for an overnight in St. Maarten. We are actually fine with it as we have been to Dominica several times and that is enough.

I understand how frustrating it must be to those who have not been there before. We are looking forward to extra time in St. Maarten and hopefully some interesting evening tours.

Diane

Also did not know we could pick 2 choices...not consulted (of course) and not thrilled!

On our Jan 9, 2017 Equinox we lost a full day in Belize.. very natural & .nice snorkeling there. We now have an overnight in Cozumel...actually a half day, overnight and a full day...nothing we would do off the ship at night and not a port we need to keep going back to.....rough water, rains alot and we have exhausted whatever is offered there over many stops....might not get off except to stretch our legs! Would have preferred an overnight at Cartagena which looks like an interesting city, but options for that port as an overnight were limited.

We also switched our 10/17/16 Infinity ABC Island dates b/c Celebrity is allegedly still working out a charter for that date or 10/7... meaning one will be cancelled. We got tired of being left in the dark...The 10/17 had an overnight in Curacao (preferred ) New date 10/27 overnights in Aruba...late arrival, overnight and then a full day...not a fav port but not the worst either At least we still have Bonaire.... Technically we made a choice to switch and got a diff overnight port but feel Celebrity just kept us hanging...heard they will decide soon....Nice folks on the new roll call so we have made the adjustment

now looking at Azamara W Indies...more interesting itin and no overnights...for the Carib we prefer moving each day!

Edited by hcat

I would be happy to know the status our Oct 17, 2016 cruise that we booked on the Infinity that we booked months ago that was with a overnight. I really don't care where the cruises go or lay over as long as the price is in my budget and has the perks that I enjoy. I just go along for the ride.

happy cruising ����������

Booked Infinity Oct 17, 2016, due to sailing again to Bonaire with overnight in Curacao. Have invited two couples to join us but this cruise along with Oct 7, 2016, cruise have disappeared.

Can not get an answer to what is going on ????????? Did read a post last night on CC that poster was told by Celebrity that maybe a charter on the sailings.

Celebrity you have my deposit so please tell me what is going on so I can make plans.

Edited by texkan