BOGO'S Back

Dare I hope the good BoGoHo sale from May 1, 2015 will be back? We paid $1000 less for our FOS Thanksgiving D1 than it is on this current "sale". :rolleyes: I pretty much do not expect a sale to be for my benefit anymore, rather in the benefit of Royal and newcomers who do not know better....

We have three cruises booked. All of them in JS. Two of which I do not expect they will go any lower than the cruise fare we booked, as we booked them over one year ago. As such, as the shipped gains occupancy, we expect the rates to go up. Having said this, the 3rd cruise was booked about 75 days ago during BOGO50.

Here are the comparables of the 3rd booked cruise:

BOGO30 Current rate....................... $2587.40 plus $50 OBC

Upcoming BOGO sale at current rate.. $2646.00 plus $0 OBC

Booked during BOGO50.................... $2146.00 plus $200 OBC, plus $200 off premium Bev Pkg

Starting July 1,

image.jpg1_zps4mapyeyp.jpg

Beginning July 1st, guests that book a cruise reservation will get the cruise fare of the secong guests for 50% off. In addition, if they book a 2015 or 2016 holiday sailing, Royal Caribbean will cover their gratuities.

The new BOGO deal is valid on all sailings departing on or after Aug. 1, 2015. Offer excludes China departures, Anthem of the Seas sailings departing before April 29, 2016, and Ovation of the Seas sailings departing between December 15, 2016 and January 23, 2017.

The free gratuities offer is valid on all eligible sailings departing Dec. 15-31, 2015 or Dec. 15-31, 2016 for the first and second guests in the stateroom.

Cruise must be booked Juy 1- August 16, 2015.

BOGO offer is combinable with the adjoining Pre-Paid Gratuities offer, Crown & Anchor discounts, NextCruise offers, and Shareholder Benefits. BOGO offer is not combinable with restricted rates (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military). Pre-Paid Gratuities offer is combinable with restricted rates (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military, BOGO) as well as NextCruise offers.

Pre-Paid Gratuities offer is not combinable with Crown & Anchor discounts and Shareholder Benefits. Neither offer is combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Standard Group, Interline, Travel Agent, Travel Agent Friends and Family, weekly Sales Events, Net Rates.

Offer open to residents of the United States or Canada.

Thanks to Matt for this info.

Let me be the bearer of additional bad news.

You lose everything if you later touch the reservation.

"After the Offer Period, the Offer will be removed from the booking if the guest cancels and reinstates the booking, applies a fare change, or changes the ship or sail date of the booking; certain other changes to the booking may also result in removal of the Offer. Offer applies to new, individual and named group bookings confirmed at prevailing rates."

Really? Don't they always? The answer is an astounding YES!!!

Well not always or at least not an astounding yes. Rates do go up as supply & demand disctates. But I in fact was just contacted moments ago via email from a service that monitors cruise rates, that the two of our three cruises we have booked (that I did not show comparables in my post above) actually just went down. Not by much, but a drop nontheless. As we expected, these drops did not effect our booked rates.

Well not always or at least not an astounding yes. Rates do go up as supply & demand disctates. But I in fact was just contacted moments ago via email from a service that monitors cruise rates, that the two of our three cruises we have booked (that I did not show comparables in my post above) actually just went down. Not by much, but a drop nontheless. As we expected, these drops did not effect our booked rates.

Unfortunately, drops are relative. If I use the NYE 2015 cruise we have booked as a baseline, going from our pre-BOGO booking to the re-priced booking as a result of the first BOGO sale was about a 20% drop. If I were to apply a true 20% drop to current rates and compared them to my original cost, I'm still $1,600 ahead by not taking advantage of these new "sales".

This may be a stupid question, but I am fairly new to this. I have a cruise booked. The category is sold out on my sailing. It is before final payment. Does it pay to call about lower rate?

If your category is sold out, there is no price to drop.

Keep checking- things change

Things do. I remember reading a post a while back that someone received a reduction on their cabin that was sold out. It was one of the suites at here was only a couple of. It wasn't so much that Royal dropped the price to help clear inventory but it was a case hat they applied the new sale rate to the previously published price of that cabin. I think that it was the 30/30 rate where this happened.

Thank you to the OP for starting this thread. I am going to set up large spread sheet showing our 10 current reservations with OBCs, D+ Discount, pre-paid gratuities, etc.

To add to the fun I need my calculator in good shape to help me calculate the offers in both US and Canadian Dollars (current cruises on in Canadian Dollars).

Fortunately for me July 1st is Canada Day so no newspaper which means I can get right to work on this with my morning coffee. :)

Kathy

All of these discussions about BOGO this or that got me thinking about our cruise history. We've been cruising since 1981, but seriously took it up once the kids were out of the house. In the last 10 years, we've averaged 6 cruises a year - almost always the same ships in the same cabin category doing the same routes on the same weeks each year. Up until the start of the first BOGO sale, it was not uncommon to see prices fluctuate up (or down) by 10-15%. This new pricing model is completely different, and presumably successful for the cruise line since it seems to be a perpetual sea change (pun thoroughly intended.) Somewhere in RCL's boardroom they figured out that they have pricing power back after the recession, and they've executed a strategy that resets the baseline (rack rate for you landlubbers) at a 50-60% increase, so when they offer sales now (and I fear into perpetuity) they guarantee themselves an increased bottom line. We may very well see the end of BOGO someday (probably before the next "wave" season) and the sales go back to the occasional WOW sale, but the base price has been fixed at a new much higher level, and the 10-15% seasonal fluctuations will resume on a price that's permanently 50-75% higher than before.

Used cars are now available from Richard Fain's dealership (but at Mercedes prices);)

I didn't see any changes in base price when they went from BOGOHO to 30% on sailings I've been watching. As a result, the old BOGOHO deals that included pax 3 and 4 were better than the 30% deals. Of course, I usually focus on the JS prices for the 4 of us.

As I noted at the beginning of the 30% sale... base prices being equal, the 30% deal is better for 2 people sailing in balconies or higher, but for lower categories or 3 or 4 pax, the BOGOHO was the better deal.

I just pay attention to total price. I don't really care about what promotion they are running. I only care about the prices being what I want to pay. Right now, they are not compared to pricing in May.

Just be single then none of RCCL specials apply to you.

Unless you invent an invisible friend named Harvey that never shows up at the port. At least that way you can get the 50% discount for him. :D

I am so very confused. BOGO, 30/30, I thought I got a good deal but now I'm not sure. Booked the Anthem for a 12 day Feb 21- March 4. Got a free up grade to a D2 balcony. $200. crown and anchor credit. I'm confused.

I am so very confused. BOGO, 30/30, I thought I got a good deal but now I'm not sure. Booked the Anthem for a 12 day Feb 21- March 4. Got a free up grade to a D2 balcony. $200. crown and anchor credit. I'm confused.

Welcome to the club.:D

All you can do is keep checking your prices periodically, especially whenever a new promotion starts. If you find that the price is lower then you can always call Royal and get the lower price as long as you are before final payment.

I'm not even sure what the price is anymore? :rolleyes:

I called about what I thought might be a price drop, (but I wasn't sure) and after we went through everything, and even though it looked like the base price on the website was lower...it wasn't.

There is also something called "Spring into Savings!" on our (Dec. onboard)booking. It is directly with the cruise line. I have no idea what that is. :rolleyes:

Edited by Coralc