Any reason Caribe deck would be unpopular?

mrsgthatsme

We booked a balcony cabin on the Caribe deck for a Eastern Caribbean cruise next spring. I keep checking the site to see if the price has dropped, and I noticed that very few cabins are listed as sold on that deck, while the mid aft area on deck 11 and 12 are almost sold out. We chose the Caribe deck because of the larger decks on the Emerald, but I started to worry that I had missed something when I noticed the discrepency in sold rooms on that deck compared to 11 and 12. Any theories?

We booked a balcony cabin on the Caribe deck for a Eastern Caribbean cruise next spring. I keep checking the site to see if the price has dropped, and I noticed that very few cabins are listed as sold on that deck, while the mid aft area on deck 11 and 12 are almost sold out. We chose the Caribe deck because of the larger decks on the Emerald, but I started to worry that I had missed something when I noticed the discrepency in sold rooms on that deck compared to 11 and 12. Any theories?

Nothing wrong. You are overthinking it.

I can't think of any reason not to choose a cabin on Caribe deck. We had a mid cabin once and an aft corner last April on the Ruby. Decks are a bit larger on Caribe and usually book fairly fast. In fact when we were on the Ruby in April we tried booking the same cabin, C753, for the same cruise next March and it, along with most of the other cabins on Caribe, were already taken. We booked B749 which is similar to C753 and felt lucky to get it. Will be interested in hearing what others have to say.

Nothing wrong. You are overthinking it.

I agree. It's just some oddity of that cruise, I suspect. All Caribe balcony rooms are good. I've never had a bad one, and that's usually where we end up.

On simple answer, price. For those that pick their cabin when booking, those cabins are quite a bit more expensive than the standard balcony.

This, and the fact that I imagine many newbies booking online don't realize that balconies are larger on the Caribe deck.

Edited by SoCal Cruiser78

This, and the fact that I imagine many newbies booking online don't realize that balconies are larger on the Caribe deck.
Yup. That and TAs who while they may book Princess cruises, really don't have a clue. There are many people who still think that Caribe, being on a lower deck, is for peons and higher is better.

Most of the Caribe deck balcony is exposed to the sun and also to the balconies above them. Some pax don't like the exposure. Hmm, wonder what they are doing they don't want the world to see. :rolleyes:

Don't book a Caribe Balcony ... who know's what may drop in from above. I wonder whatever happened to that fella that was taking a selfie and fell onto the balcony below? Can't find the thread to link to this.

Caribe deck balconies are more expensive than regular balconies because of the larger balcony. They are 9' by 9' with 5' of covering. They are as private as the balconies above them, only bigger because of the additional uncovered space. People may not want to pay the extra price for this type of premium balcony for an Eastern Caribbean beach cruise if they know that they will be at the pool all day long and not on their balconies.

Edited by Mackenzie1

You did not mention the ship. If it is the Emerald or Caribbean Princess then comments in previous postings apply. But, if you are on the Royal or Regal then realize that Caribe deck cabins on these ships do not have enlarged balconies, and thus don't really have an advantage over some other decks. Selection of cabins on these ships is based on other factors.

I've been on the Caribe deck twice, and if I go again, I'll be on the Caribe deck again.

In my opinion you are trying to read too much into something that you have very little information about.

Don't book a Caribe Balcony ... who know's what may drop in from above. I wonder whatever happened to that fella that was taking a selfie and fell onto the balcony below? Can't find the thread to link to this.

Probably a pretty rare problem. LOL.

Many TA's hold speculative Groups on these Princess ships (with the large balcony) on the Carib Deck .

These Groups usually include a 2 Category upgrade which means you can book @ the cheapest balcony rate(BF) and receive a BD Carib Deck cabin .

Contact your TA especially if they part of a large agency with lots of group space.

They are more expensive and I don't need a bigger balcony. I can sit on a regular balcony just fine.

Not totally correct. There are Cat. BD and BE on the Caribe decks on grand class ships, with Cats. BA, BB and BC on decks above that have smaller balconies.

Edited by sknight

Not totally correct. There are Cat. BD and BE on the Caribe decks on grand class ships, with Cats. BA, BB and BC on decks above that have smaller balconies.

And if you have a Caribe balcony booked and do not say "will not accept upgrade" you might get a visit from the Upgrade Fairy with a free upgrade to a smaller balcony on a higher deck.

Most of the Caribe deck balcony is exposed to the sun and also to the balconies above them. Some pax don't like the exposure. Hmm, wonder what they are doing they don't want the world to see. :rolleyes:

Caribe balconies are half covered and half exposed. They are great balconies. The best of both worlds and often priced the same as other balcony cabins.