10 story Water slide on Harmony.

Are you suggesting that's unrealistic? The ship is nominally 236 ft tall (above the water line), so it's less than half of the total ship height. Seems possible to me.

It appears to me I just stated a fact.

Followed by an eye-roll emoji, so I was just trying to clarify what the point of the eye-roll was.

LOL. I was just stating it was 100 feet and at that point no one had any idea how they were going to pull it off. Don't read to deeply into it.:cool:

LOL. I was just stating it was 100 feet and at that point no one had any idea how they were going to pull it off. Don't read to deeply into it.:cool:

My bad. I'll not ask you what you meant any more. :rolleyes:

I will be on Harmony in 2017. Not because of any of the features. But because I love to cruise and 4 of our friends will be on the ship with us. We all cruise for our own reasons. Enjoy!

JoeRum.

No desire to be on something that big. Like I said, if I want a resort I will go land-based. If I want a cruise I look for ships that feel like ships.

I live the big ships, complete with flow rider, zip line, water slide etc. I have never done the flow rider (and never will), and will probably not do the water slide. But, I love the options. All of these things to do - in the middle of the ocean - awesome.

Very familiar with this article - I posted a link to the Aquatic design video on the slides. My issue is that I booked two end boardwalk rooms for March 2017and was looking forward to having the clear view. Others have complained about the noise. If the view is blocked I will likely upgrade to an OV balcony.

I enjoyed the slides on Carnival breeze and Atlantis.

I too have a boardwalk balcony on the end of deck 12 for our b2b in January 2017. Was looking forward to unobstructed views of the aqua show? Got a great price as we booked day one......changing to ocean balcony will cost too much now.

That rendering looks like two waterslides, doesn't it? In any event, we booked this ship before this one was announced. Mostly for the itinerary (Med) but all of the cool stuff onboard helps keep the children entertained, which is why we chose this particular ship. I'm looking forward to the waterslides too - who am I kidding?!!?!

That rendering looks like two waterslides, doesn't it? In any event, we booked this ship before this one was announced. Mostly for the itinerary (Med) but all of the cool stuff onboard helps keep the children entertained, which is why we chose this particular ship. I'm looking forward to the waterslides too - who am I kidding?!!?!

Maybe one is down and the other is up. There were questions on how they would get ppl from the bottom to the top. Use a vacuum tube just like they do at the bank drive thru. :p

And yet some of us STILL enjoy cruising without all of those. To me, those are land-based resort things I could do anywhere. I can only cruise on a ship, so that is my focus with cruising - a ship where I know I'm on a ship.

Same here. I don't get it, but....obviously some people love that. I like water slides, but not on a ship. I like to feel that I am sailing, not at a waterpark. Just me though...

Edited by LuckiStac13*Majesty*

Updated deck plans, but no exit area indicated in Boardwalk on deck 6.

Maybe the exit is the sea, when the ship is in port. :D

The exit areas are indicated for the three other slides.

2f3aab49e21960947595ffac52d70bad.jpg

could it be ending in the aquatheatre pool?

jc

?????

At this point, speculation seems to be that the slide will go from the flowrider area on deck 16 down to the boardwalk, which is 10 decks.:)

I,recently saw a rendition of it on a FB group page.

Must say looks interesting

a4e79e9fe3923bc20525366090c331d1.jpg

New thinking is that it may be a dry slide rather than water slide.

I concur. As a water-slide it never passed the 'sniff test' for me or my other engineering friends. There were just too many engineering difficulties. As a dry slide it makes perfect sense and that one switch eliminates all of the engineering difficulties we came up with.

I concur. As a water-slide it never passed the 'sniff test' for me or my other engineering friends. There were just too many engineering difficulties. As a dry slide it makes perfect sense and that one switch eliminates all of the engineering difficulties we came up with.

It is called a slide on deck plans. The other three are labelled water slides.

With a dry slide there is no wet guests wandering around on Boardwalk in their bathing suits. No need to add a stairway for wet guests to get back up to deck 16.

Still wondering how long of a slide section is required in Boardwalk for guest to come to a stop.

Some examples of dry slides from wiegand-maelzer website.

138f24148453b8e7ec2c82a471149016.jpg

a5f9c4eb38e4e1ab1f6932e6a0517283.jpg

011476fc6c1f57116b192db4bd2853d1.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

I think you guys are on to something. Comparing the rendition to the pics in Lloyd555's post, I think that's exactly what's being built on Harmony. I thought it was a little odd at first that they were building a 4th "waterslide" so far from the other 3. It makes perfect sense that it's something totally different. I'll still use it. It looks fun. :D

I think you guys are on to something. Comparing the rendition to the pics in Lloyd555's post, I think that's exactly what's being built on Harmony. I thought it was a little odd at first that they were building a 4th "waterslide" so far from the other 3. It makes perfect sense that it's something totally different. I'll still use it. It looks fun. :D

Yes. That's another good point. Water slides usually clustered together on a ship.

New question: I know the slide is called Ultimate Abyss "cool" slide, but how hot will a dry slide get, especially in Caribbean? Will making it out of Titanium help? ;)

Edited by Lloyd555