Fire on Freedom?

Friends on board texted me that when the passengers reported to the muster stations, everyone's card was scanned. That's when they determined three passengers were missing. No word on any further details. Apparently no one is going anywhere until the three passengers show up/turn themselves in.

I am curious where those 3 could have been. How in the world, if they heard or saw all the commotion, did they not think they have to abide by the rules or it affects everyone else. Maybe it was all a mistake but if everyone but 3 people show up to muster why they couldn't.

I am curious where those 3 could have been. How in the world, if they heard or saw all the commotion, did they not think they have to abide by the rules or it affects everyone else. Maybe it was all a mistake but if everyone but 3 people show up to muster why they couldn't.

There are so many possible legitimate explanations.

Why would you assume the worst of people? <smh>

There are so many possible legitimate explanations.

Why would you assume the worst of people? <smh>

Normally I would not and I did say maybe it was a mistake. But the last cruise I was on we had to wait at muster 3 times longer than normal waiting for people that did not want to leave the bar.

Normally I would not and I did say maybe it was a mistake. But the last cruise I was on we had to wait at muster 3 times longer than normal waiting for people that did not want to leave the bar.

I doubt the missing people on your cruise were at the bar. The staff is quick to shut the bars down and steer people to their muster stations.

Bars and all food venues are closed prior to muster.

Bars and all food venues are closed prior to muster.

But before hand the pool ones are open and really they were just hanging out at one of them. At least that is what the people who saw them told us. Of course could all be rumors so I guess.

I don't really know why they didn't show up but they did pass us getting to their stations and they were all a little drunk and acting annoyed that they had to be there. Really not trying to cause a big deal. I was just curious as to what happened to the 3 people, that is all.

Reported that one crew member suffered a minor 1st degree burn. No other injuries reported.

FYI- the report was from Royal itself.

I'm happy to hear that was the extent of the injuries and not something far worse. My beloved Star Princess suffered a lot worse in the mid-2000s when she experienced a balcony fire which caught several cabins on fire. She also limped into Jamaica after the whole incident and debarked her passengers there. I saw this headline flash by on Twitter and couldn't believe it was happening in Jamaica again. I'm very glad all are ok and wish the crew member a speedy recovery.

Edited by CruisinMaterial

I'm happy to hear that was the extent of the injuries and not something far worse. My beloved Star Princess suffered a lot worse in the mid-2000s when she experienced a balcony fire which caught several cabins on fire. She also limped into Jamaica after the whole incident and debarked her passengers there. I saw this headline flash by on Twitter and couldn't believe it was happening in Jamaica again. I'm very glad all are ok and wish the crew member a speedy recovery.

Was the Star Princess the incident where a cigarette was assumed to be the cause, but nothing could be confirmed?

Hopefully things (repairs) can be managed without a dry-dock. We were booked on the 8/9 sailing, but switched to the (Carnival) Sunshine a couple of weeks ago.

Tom

I am very glad no passengers were hurt and I hope the crew member heals quickly.

I am also very glad this didn't happen further out to sea. At least, the ship was able to dock in Jamaica.

I sincerely hope this doesn't affect the passengers and the rest of their cruise and I hope those sailing this weekend are able to sail away, as planned.

Happy cruising, everyone.