RCI ship retirement

This will be a varied thread as everyone has their own personal favorites, some would probably say to retire/sell on the Oasis class. We have enjoyed cruises on all classes from Soverign to Oasis, never had a bad cruise though if I had to choose I would say the Majesty purely because of the size of the cabins, we sailed the Monarch about 3 times and for short cruises it was great.

I think small ships have a place in the fleet. RCCL has one big plus with their fleet because they have a "different" experience with each class. I like both getting away for a quick weekend trip on a small ship and a large trip on the mega ships. Both are appealing.

Instead of retiring, maybe resurrect the really old, like the Song of America, and make it into a unique experience, like sailing to Cuba, or having one of a kind trips.

Why should anyone want to have a ship retired? If you don't care for a particular ship, for whatever reason, you don't have to book it. I don't feel the need to take anyone else's preferences and choices away from them.

Why should anyone want to have a ship retired? If you don't care for a particular ship, for whatever reason, you don't have to book it. I don't feel the need to take anyone else's preferences and choices away from them.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. This is hypothetical. No one is really taking anyone's preferences or choices away from them by merely asking a question.

Edited by ImpulsivePuppy

I like all of them. I feel each one of them has a market to serve. The smaller and older ships for the short hauls like the Bahamas and the others for high demand markets and for greater lengths.

A friend of mine just came back from a Majesty cruise to the Bahamas, and had a great time. Even with the smaller cabin size, for a 3 night cruise it was fine.

I haven't sailed anything except Enchantment (pre-dry dock). Based off research alone, and not personal experience...

I'd send the Majesty to the auction block, although I am sure it's a great deal for RCI to keep (that ship has probably paid for itself a dozen times , so as long as it's still generating revenue--why not keep sailing?).

I'm not a big fan of the Vision class ships only because they have been bested by many others, but the same logic applies. As long as it's producing healthy profit margins, might as well sail.

Ultimately, my choice would be Majesty.

Edited by drhall

None of them! Getting excited to sail her Majesty in February, and I wish they would make a hybrid Radiance and fillout the rest they originally promised order! Maybe install the Vision crn wrapped aft 10 through 8 or 7, and have a working stage and one other item!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thank you for taking the time to reply. This is hypothetical. No one is really taking anyone's preferences or choices away from them by merely asking a question.

You missed his point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

None. I've sailed all the classes except the Freedom Class, which is a Voyager on steroids, and loved them all. The Freedom may still be in my future.

Was on Independence for a friend's wedding but never sailed Freedom class. That is hopefully in my future too.

You're right. Freedom class is Voyager class on steroids. Took Adventure and it was my favorite of all 12 ships I have sailed.

Edited by Jay Sam
adjustment

Was on Independence for a friend's wedding but never sailed Freedom class. That is hopefully in my future too.

You're right. Freedom class is Voyager class on steroids. Took Adventure and it was my favorite of all 12 ships I have sailed.

With the addition of flowrider, Voyagers are more like Freedoms

None, and I'd like to see Monarch come back.:)

Bob,

You beat me to it again. I was thinking after my 3rd time on Majesty, I was done with her. But if they do some decent updates/upgrades/upkeep to it, I can see going on her again. I do like new, bigger and better, but I haven't done a ship I wouldn't do again.

In your opinions, which RCI ships would you like to see retired and why?

None of them!

My first cruise was on Majesty, it was considered to be one of the first megaships. It is now dwarfed by it's huge younger sisters.

Each ship has its own charms. If I want simplicity, the smaller ships are awesome. If I am looking for nonstop activities, then I will want today's megaship.