Snacks in luggage to bring aboard?

RCCL website doesn't really talk about bringing on your own snacks for your cruise.

Does anyone know if we can pack in our luggage things like granola bars, can of cashews, rice crispy treats? Thinks of that nature?

Would hate to pack this stuff and then have it taken away.

Thank you.

I've always packed a jar of peanuts when we travel...it was my DHs family thing, no vacation is complete without it lol. When we have a port intensive cruise I've also packed items like you've mentioned to bring off with us on excursions. It's never been an issue, and it's always in my checked luggage. We know there are plenty of choices for food onboard, but sometimes you just need a snack, right? You aren't allowed to bring fresh food off the ship, but pre packaged items are ok.

I've always packed a jar of peanuts when we travel...it was my DHs family thing, no vacation is complete without it lol. When we have a port intensive cruise I've also packed items like you've mentioned to bring off with us on excursions. It's never been an issue, and it's always in my checked luggage. We know there are plenty of choices for food onboard, but sometimes you just need a snack, right? You aren't allowed to bring fresh food off the ship, but pre packaged items are ok.

Never had an issue with snacks..I always pack them for the late night munchies for something salty and crunchy...lol...yes, I pack a little chocolate too :D

I think it is no problem bringing food/snacks onboard on embarkation.

The issue is only to take food/snack off when in port - no matter if you brought the food with you on embarkation day or if you took it from the buffet.

Because there is not enough food on a cruise... :D

I know - I probably won't even need any snacks but didn't want to get them taken away if I even tried to bring them on board.

And I'm sure the snacks on board are probably double the cost than what WalMart charges - so if I can save a few bucks then I'm all for that. :)

I think it is no problem bringing food/snacks onboard on embarkation

DW is diabetic, so we always bring a few packages of various snacks in case she needs to eat something quickly to regulate her blood sugar or needs to eat a little something before taking one of her meds. Never had an issue bringing them on, and the sealed ones go with us ashore on port days. Once on board we also go get some fruit from the Windjammer and bring back to the cabin to have on hand for the same reasons.

I know - I probably won't even need any snacks but didn't want to get them taken away if I even tried to bring them on board.

And I'm sure the snacks on board are probably double the cost than what WalMart charges - so if I can save a few bucks then I'm all for that. :)

Yep, WAY more expensive in the gift shop lol...we commented that my full sized $1.00 can of Pringles was worth more than we realized, and we had a small fortune back in the cabin. :p.

I think it is no problem bringing food/snacks onboard on embarkation.

The issue is only to take food/snack off when in port - no matter if you brought the food with you on embarkation day or if you took it from the buffet.

As long as the food is pre-packaged there is no issue with taking it off at the ports...fruit or sandwiches would be different matter...

While it is fine to bring any legal prepackaged foods I personally try to avoid peanut items to avoid spreading peanut oil and dust. Sadly too many kids are deathly allergic. No flames please. I know those who are allergic presume peanuts are everywhere.

RCCL website doesn't really talk about bringing on your own snacks for your cruise.

Does anyone know if we can pack in our luggage things like granola bars, can of cashews, rice crispy treats? Thinks of that nature?

Would hate to pack this stuff and then have it taken away.

Thank you.

as you can tell by my signature, we have cruised a lot. I take pretzels, FF Pringles, bags (gallon size bags) of mixed nuts, etc. NEVER in 20 plus years of cruising have we ever had our snacks taken from us. So I would not worry. sometimes my pretzels are in the original bag unopened and other times in ziplock bag. Mixed nuts always in ziplock. Just never an issue. I am a snacker and I like my snacks so always take stuff with us.

We always bring a large can of cashews & a couple of cans of Pringles (only time we eat Pringles is on a ship). I like the salty crunch (& salt air does a nasty number on chips). I also bring lots of Lindt truffles. So nice to sit on your aft balcony with a nice glass of good wine & a little snack

Because there is not enough food on a cruise... :D

There are very few salty, crunchy, munchy snacks available on a ship unless you buy them in one of the gift shops where the selection is limited and way overpriced. After a few days, I get tired of sweets.