HMC still not available for excursions -

joyful34

I have emailes shore excursions, called my PVP & still nothing. Shore excursions hasnt even replied to my email. PVP says they have no control and "know nothing" b/c they are told nothing. Cruise on Jan 9th 2016. I have convinced 8 of my friends to cruise with us on their 1st cruise. We picked this cruise b/c of HMC. I am having sleepless nights wondering if they are going to change our itinerary.

Does anyone know why they havent opened up shore excursions for Jan 2016?

There are several excursions that will become available. Not everyone only hangs out on the beach there for the entire day. The stingray excursion is very good for a first time experience and very reasonably priced (back when I last did it 4 years ago). And while the Horseback Ride & Swim isn't as good as it is in Grand Turk, it's still a lot of fun.

Anyway, I swear I was going to write this up and save it so I could copy-and-paste the next time someone discovered they couldn't book their excursions 6 months ahead of their sailing.

Carnival contracts with independent vendors. Every so often, they have to change vendors or renegotiate their contracts, yes?

So, if their existing contracts are about to expire, they aren't going to list them as being for sale. Because what if they CAN'T renegotiate or their cost jumps considerably and they have to increase the price to the passenger.

I've had some excursions not show up until only a few weeks prior to sailing. Like most things, they aren't permanent and are subject to change.

Just be patient, people! Hang on to your dollars a few more weeks.

OP: you need to relax and wait, you have NO control, zero, over this matter....if this is too much pressure for you then tell the others that they are in charge of their own plans, activities etc and give them the website....

You are creating chaos for yourself and it sounds a little like you are looking to find someone to blame (I said it appears/looks like), half of the fun of vacations is planning but for some its too much.

Also, you are not responsible for anyone else's fun, you may have suggested the trip but they signed up and if they did not do their due diligence then it is what it is.....

Did Carnival tell you at some point that excursions would be listed 6 months out as a guarantee...or are you repeating information gleaned from CC or other web sites?

As others have said excursions are notorious for being very flexible in their "posting" dates....

You also need to be aware that Carnival expressively states in their cruise contract (your ticket) their policy on itineraries which you might want to read: http://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/legal-notice/port-cancellation-policy.aspx

As Drazil65 so aptly stated you may need to "step back" from worrying about things you cannot control and if your "friends" hold you responsible for things you can't control they aren't, in my estimation, much use as friends.

Many of the folks who run the excursions have to come by boat to Half Moon Cay so this takes a lot of planning and sometimes they might have problems. On our last trip to Half Moon Cay there were ruff seas. The ship was able to port late but the boat carrying the staff was not able to make it. Most the excursions were cancelled. We had a great beach day. I hope everyone going to Half Moon Cay is flexible.

Some good advice for a caretaker here. Travel planning can be stressful on the learning curve and when you get out of practice and things change. Not to worry OP....just share the burden...

There are excursions but the main love of HMC is just the beach itself...often the best loved cruise private island and so many LOVE getting a cabana there. there is just a little tour of all the workings of the island that was fun someone once posted all about...

Have a blast...get insurance for your trip and tours..know you plan your best and things change and there will be other stops. While cruising is one of the best preplanned all is there to pick from each day and plan vacations there are...one still has to go with the flow and learn how to work option B or C..but no beating up for a temporary panic from me..a bonafied worrier...Sarah

I have emailes shore excursions, called my PVP & still nothing. Shore excursions hasnt even replied to my email. PVP says they have no control and "know nothing" b/c they are told nothing. Cruise on Jan 9th 2016. I have convinced 8 of my friends to cruise with us on their 1st cruise. We picked this cruise b/c of HMC. I am having sleepless nights wondering if they are going to change our itinerary.

Relax and don't stress. There is a 99.99% chance that your HMC excursions will show up eventually. Keep checking daily. :)

We just got back from Fascination 8/1. We skipped Half Moon Cay :(:(:(:(

We also chose the cruise just for that stop. It was a good call by Carnival, even though we were disappointed. The ship was rocking like crazy, I can only imagine what it would have been like on the tender, in the midst of lightning storms. Hopefully I will get to HMC another time.

Good luck!

I think it needs to be closer to your sail date. Are you talking about getting a cabana at HMC? If for some reason you miss it and the cabanas are all booked, just send excursions an email & they will wait list you. When you board, go straight to the excursions desk & you should be able to snag one. I did this and it was even spring break and I had no problems. I was able to get a great spot in the middle.

OP I wouldn't stress. I'm thinking there aren't excursions listed yet, maybe because it's HMC. I agree with others, there's not really much to do there unless you do a cabana. Is that what you are wanting to book? I think even without excursions HMC is a great beach day!

I don't believe you can insure tours. If they go you pay, whether you show up or not. If they cancel the tour, your money will be refunded. Sometimes the call is the Harbour Master, not the cruise ship. This happened to us in the Caymans. all boat based shore excursions were cancelled by the Harbour Master.

I've emailed Shore Excursions before to inquire about when a certain excursion would be listed, and what I was told is that they will list them when the contracts have been renewed. So it looks like the excursions for your port just haven't been renewed yet. Just keep checking every day. Good luck!

OP, I understand your issue. We sail on Jan. 27 and want to be sure to book a cabana, but nothing. Excursions for the rest of the ports have been up for a while now, but nothing for HMC. I just wonder if they are planning to skip it and go somewhere else. I'm not stressing, but I am checking daily. :)