GTY CABINS..When Assigned

closecruiser

We recently upgraded to GTY after final payment and we were assigned a cabin within 24 hours. Just happened to log into our My Celebrity account and it was there. Booked with outside TA so never got an email saying when it was done.

Good luck!

We are on a suite guarantee for a cruise leaving on the 23rd of august and still haven't received our stateroom assignment . Other times we've known within days so there is no one answer except it may be anytime up to departure- this is what Celebrity says with the reservation. Most of the time its within a couple of weeks. Waiting is no fun but the cruise will be!!!

We've booked guarantees several times. We always found out what the cabin # was by logging into my celebrity. I don't recall receiving any direct notice from Celebrity. Our next cruise is scheduled for Dec and we were just assigned a cabin. On other trips we received a cabin assignment a couple of weeks prior to the cruise.

We booked a guarantee concierge last week and our assignment was posted on 'My Celebrity' this morning. As I expected we got a C3, but it was an adjoining cabin which we were not too keen on. I phoned Celebrity right away and was able to change to another C3 in a better location. Our cruise is in October.

Sheila

How far in advance will you get your cabin assignment if you take a Guarantee

cabin? Is it after final payment? Do they notify you or do you have to keep checking your reservation.

Thanks.....

Believe it or not we have a CC guarantee cabin for a transatlantic scheduled on April 10th. We have a deposit but the final date isn't until Jan. We were already assigned a cabin. It was pretty far forward so I found one more midship in the same category. Celebrity made the change. So there is a cabin assigned in a location I will be happy with.

We booked a guarantee concierge last week and our assignment was posted on 'My Celebrity' this morning. As I expected we got a C3, but it was an adjoining cabin which we were not too keen on. I phoned Celebrity right away and was able to change to another C3 in a better location. Our cruise is in October.

Sheila

Exactly the same thing for us for our Sept cruise. One rep I talked to down at Celebrity was saying they really couldn't change it even though I found a non-connecting cabin in the C3 category. She finally said she made the change, but when I checked the next morning, she hadn't done so.

I called the main number and this rep took care of it pronto. It actually worked out ok as I found and even better location the next morning in the C3 category. On my roll call, others that booked later than I did were assigned to better cabins...oh well, I am happy nonetheless.

One time I had called to upgrade to a guarantee. They told me right then and there which cabin they assigned to us.

We've booked guarantees several times. We always found out what the cabin # was by logging into my celebrity. I don't recall receiving any direct notice from Celebrity. Our next cruise is scheduled for Dec and we were just assigned a cabin. On other trips we received a cabin assignment a couple of weeks prior to the cruise.

Its now 2 days till cruise and we have been notified that they overbooked suites so our suite guarantee was not guaranteed. If we had known there were none available we would have booked another cruise for our 49th anniversary. Not too happy with Celebrity. We have cruised in suites exclusively with them and probably will not trust them again. Would only contact thru TA. Guess that's how its done. No matter what they do for me I'm still not a happy camper.

Its now 2 days till cruise and we have been notified that they overbooked suites so our suite guarantee was not guaranteed. If we had known there were none available we would have booked another cruise for our 49th anniversary. Not too happy with Celebrity. We have cruised in suites exclusively with them and probably will not trust them again. Would only contact thru TA. Guess that's how its done. No matter what they do for me I'm still not a happy camper.

Please post to tell us what they do. Short of a suite I agree it won't be acceptable, especially with the new "ship within a ship" concept for suites.

Congratulations on the 49th.

If they've overbook that's probably why you haven't got an allocation yet, bet they are busy making offers to get some to move.

So sorry you have been let down.

Even if they cannot give you a suite room can they not give you the perk of Luminae which you would have had and Michael's club which you probably would not have had? I know you still would not have the bigger room but at least you would get some of the suite life experience.

Hope everything works out for you. Please let us know.

So sorry you have been let down.

Even if they cannot give you a suite room can they not give you the perk of Luminae which you would have had and Michael's club which you probably would not have had? I know you still would not have the bigger room but at least you would get some of the suite life experience.

Hope everything works out for you. Please let us know.

No, no luminaeor michael's club which isn't a big deal- luminae is. We are elite so we still have those perks. Wouldn't have booked guarantee but they didn't have any non-accessible sky suites available. Everything always happens for a reason and I won't let this spoil our anniversary celebration.

Please post to tell us what they do. Short of a suite I agree it won't be acceptable, especially with the new "ship within a ship" concept for suites.

What they did after much negotiating was offer us a our money back and an aqua cabin on deck 11 (I don't like being so high up because you really feel the ships movement in rough weather) but all perks are gone- we still have elite and eating in Blu. While most rave about Blu , the service tends to be slow, in my past experience, and the food just soso- not a great selection. Next cruise (we've done over 40 so far) will probably not be with celebrity, don't trust them anymore. We will have a wonderful anniversary celebration regardless!!!

So glad you are being so positive. It really was an awful thing to happen.

What I honestly cannot understand is why they have not allowed you to dine in Luminae. As a goodwill gesture it would have cost them nothing and added the dimension to the cruise you had booked a suite for. Even at its busiest Luminae has spaces!

Have a great Aniversary.

On a future cruise note, though, don't let one bad experience spoil your previous enjoyment of Celebrity. Many years ago we did our first cruise on Eqinox. We boarded as half the ships company transferred to the newest boat out. Service everywhere really was awful. It put me right off but after hearing the great reviews of others we decided to give Celebrity 'one more try'. We did, and had the best cruise ever and have not looked back since. I am not saying don't consider other cruise lines just don't dismiss Celebrity as a future option.

All the very best.

Ah, you booked with a TA in their group pkg. That explained things.

Ah, you booked with a TA in their group pkg. That explained things.

OP said 'contact thru TA', does not mean it is group rate. Regardless, group rate or not, everyone access to the same inventory. Cruise lines do over book these days to ensure all cabins are filled. I have a friend who had a booking with a luxury line, and few days before sailing, he was asked if he would voluntary give up his cabin. He did, and I do know that he got a nice perk from that line.

Coming up on final payment for our first guarantee booking. We have had our cabin assignment for about a month now. Can Celebrity change it after final payment?

When is your sailing date? I am waiting for a gty CC. Nothing showing up yet. When I look at my reservation and click on manage reservation and click on stateroom and view all it does is show that we are doing a gty CC.

We sail Dec.13th. Getting anxious.

When is your sailing date? I am waiting for a gty CC. Nothing showing up yet. When I look at my reservation and click on manage reservation and click on stateroom and view all it does is show that we are doing a gty CC.

April 10, 2016 on a transatlantic (Silhouette)

I saw it had been assigned when I checked my Celebrity page. Neither my ta or Celebrity directly contacted me.

We are on this cruise, (Silhouette?) and got our assignment a week or two ago. We got a C1 category balcony. We are on the December 6 cruise also, and are still waiting for that one.

What they did after much negotiating was offer us a our money back and an aqua cabin on deck 11 (I don't like being so high up because you really feel the ships movement in rough weather) but all perks are gone- we still have elite and eating in Blu. While most rave about Blu , the service tends to be slow, in my past experience, and the food just soso- not a great selection. Next cruise (we've done over 40 so far) will probably not be with celebrity, don't trust them anymore. We will have a wonderful anniversary celebration regardless!!!

Celebrity cancelled my CS suite on my upcoming cruise in December , by mistake, and resold the cabin. They blamed my TA. Alas, an investigation was completed and it is indeed Celebrities fault. And as a kicker, we booked our suite 1 year ago. All suites are sold out on our cruise. We are loyal to Celebrity as well. Boy, if your compensation was so meager, I fear what our compensation will be.

We are sailing in a NCL Haven on the Breakaway next year.( My first time straying from the RCI/Celebrity brand) Hope we have a better experience.:)

We were going to ask them for the ability to eat in the new suite restaurant too. And just like you, the highest category we could rebook in was in Aqua-at the prevailing rate of course. My Husband was not fond of Blu on our last cruise:(

I guess we will see what they say on Monday. Their customer service through the whole ordeal has been disheartening and I totally understand why you would feel a need to spend your money elsewhere.

I am going to give them one more chance. I don't want to judge the whole line for one horrific 'mistake'. But indeed I am still upset and at times I just want to throw in the towel and never sail them again.

I booked a different sailing as a suite gty. Boy I am concerned. I just did not think this could happen-to anyone!

I am so sorry that you are going through this. :(

Edited by MoyCoy

How far in advance will you get your cabin assignment if you take a Guarantee

cabin? Is it after final payment? Do they notify you or do you have to keep checking your reservation.

Thanks.....

I got mine about 30 min after booking the GTY. I was within a month of sailing. No notification, just check.

Pat