I Survived the Classic Drink Package!

panmalv

I have the classic drinks package for my cruise in April 16 and I like a Black Russian which is 1 shot Tia Maria and 2 of vodka would I be able to have 1 of those?

A Black Russian is Vodka and a coffee liqueur. I don't know if Tia Maria is premium but the drink can be made with Vodka and Kahlúa.

I always make my Black Russians at home with Kahlua.

Kahlua and Tia Maria are both coffee liquors that come from Mexico and similar.

A White Russian is basically a Black Russia with some cream or milk added.

I remember ordering a Black Russian on the Gem from a Russian waitress from Ukraine. She knew about the drink and smiled..

On my next X cruise we have the classic package, $300 on board credit, and included gratuities as well as elite benefits. I will certainly wait until we are on board to decide but I note that the very premium coffee drinks are not listed on the classic menu. It is these special coffee concoctions that make me think about the premium package. I am trying to think of other uses for the OBC. Shore excursions are most likely done ahead using people like Dyea Dave. About the only other use would be one visit to a specialty dining venue. Much to think about.

I don't know what you mean with "very premium coffee drinks", but if you're talking about Irish Coffee, Cuban Coffee and other coffee's with alcohol...this should be covered by the classic package. We never had a problem getting them from cafe al bacio...

As to other drinks, it depends on the server. I stopped at a bar to pick up 2 soda cans and saw a bottle of Malibu Black. I had no idea what it was so I asked the server what the difference with the regular Malibu was. She told me it was with dark rum and it was not covered by my package. She then continued to say that she would let me taste it and gave me a whole shot glass...

I don't know what you mean with "very premium coffee drinks", but if you're talking about Irish Coffee, Cuban Coffee and other coffee's with alcohol...this should be covered by the classic package. We never had a problem getting them from cafe al bacio...

These would be coffees with liquors from the premium list.

Im not 100% sure if this is the best place to post this so if not, please tell me where to post.

As recently returning on Norwegian where the unlimited drink package was a free perk (and someone who's been dying to try celebrity) I was looking to see if Celebrity offered it (as a free perk)

I DID notice that Celebrity was offering it in certain cruises. I was wondering if anyone knows when they do and when they don't offer it.

We were hoping for Europe next summer.

Thanks much for any advice !

Joe

Im not 100% sure if this is the best place to post this so if not, please tell me where to post.

As recently returning on Norwegian where the unlimited drink package was a free perk (and someone who's been dying to try celebrity) I was looking to see if Celebrity offered it (as a free perk)

I DID notice that Celebrity was offering it in certain cruises. I was wondering if anyone knows when they do and when they don't offer it.

We were hoping for Europe next summer.

Thanks much for any advice !

Joe

Celebrity offers a choice of 4 perks one of which is a classic drink package. It's part of the go big go better go best price structure. It's available on most cruises if you book a ocean view or higher category.

Thanks OP for this great post! So many people seem to think Celebrity is deliberately trying to be difficult by not posting a definitive list of what cocktails are available under the Classic Beverage Package; as you noted the reality is just that there are infinite varieties of drinks, both "named" drinks like Margaritas and concoctions you yourself dreamed up that have yet to become famous.

If a Long Island Iced Tea (which is my favorite) is included under the Classic Package then one can tell its not just one liquor drinks like gin and tonic. When in doubt just ask the bartender.

And I wonder if the foul tasting red drink you were offered featured Campari. There aren't many spirits I won't drink but one sip of Campari made the short list....

Thanks OP for this great post! So many people seem to think Celebrity is deliberately trying to be difficult by not posting a definitive list of what cocktails are available under the Classic Beverage Package; as you noted the reality is just that there are infinite varieties of drinks, both "named" drinks like Margaritas and concoctions you yourself dreamed up that have yet to become famous.

If a Long Island Iced Tea (which is my favorite) is included under the Classic Package then one can tell its not just one liquor drinks like gin and tonic. When in doubt just ask the bartender.

And I wonder if the foul tasting red drink you were offered featured Campari. There aren't many spirits I won't drink but one sip of Campari made the short list....

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

I've looked at the classic/premium lists on the Celebrity website and I don't see Crown Royal (or any blended Canadian Whiskey) listed. I'm guessing it's just an omission as other posts have mentioned it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The photo in post #1 of this thread has Crown Royal and Canadian Club listed in the first column under Rye Whiskey

Yes, you are correct. One would think that Celebrity would have it listed correctly on its website, but then again, one could be mistaken. 😄 it looks as if I will be satisfied with the Classic package. Thanks for the reminder (knew I'd seen that post somewhere). 🙈 Jim

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk