Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

18th May 2017 (16 nights) Legend of the Seas repositioning.

Dubai, Muscat, Oman, Aqaba, Jordan, Suez Canal Transit, Jerusalem, Haifa, Athens (Piraeus), Venice

Legend last cruise arrives in Hong Kong on 27 April from Brisbane, Australia. Therefore to get from Hong Kong to to Dubai will go via Singapore.

Therefore there will be 2 re-positioning cruise for the legend. One leaving from Hong Kong to Singapore.(itinerary could be a long shot. It could go via Philippines,Kota Kinabalu route or via Ho chi Minh/ Bangkok) After it arrives in Singapore,it will leave from Singapore to Dubai with calls in India and malaysia

I've seen the itineraries on the Eskimo site, now just need the prices to help me decide between a couple!

Then indy or navigator, sailing navigator this year so maybe I'll give indy a try?!

Depends on if you want sun or not.

Indy stops at the Caribbean and Navigator does New York and Boston.

I've done the Indy one a few years ago and after a couple of days it warms up and it gets hotter every day after that. A lot of nice stops in the Caribbean.

I've also been to New York in November and it's as cold as Scotland.

We plan on doing Vancouver to Honolulu, but if that doesn't work out it might be Indy as well

Legend last cruise arrives in Hong Kong on 27 April from Brisbane, Australia. Therefore to get from Hong Kong to to Dubai will go via Singapore.

Therefore there will be 2 re-positioning cruise for the legend. One leaving from Hong Kong to Singapore.(itinerary could be a long shot. It could go via Philippines,Kota Kinabalu route or via Ho chi Minh/ Bangkok) After it arrives in Singapore,it will leave from Singapore to Dubai with calls in India and malaysia

Eskimo has Legend doing Dubai to Venice on 18th May. Then it does 7 night round trip from Venice

I have been reading through this thread carefully and I can't quite see the 'answer' for the information I am confused about, so any help is appreciated.

I am booked on the Vision of the Seas re-positioning sailing from Dubai to Venice, which is almost exactly the same as the Legend of the Seas re-positioning sailing from Dubai to Venice, only Vision is scheduled a month earlier. But then someone mentioned that Vision and Legend were swapping. Does this mean my perfectly timed holiday (during the three week 'break' of my University course) is going to be thrown all out of whack? We were so looking forward to our cruise on Vision in April.

If I've totally misread things, please feel free to correct me!

I have been reading through this thread carefully and I can't quite see the 'answer' for the information I am confused about, so any help is appreciated.

I am booked on the Vision of the Seas re-positioning sailing from Dubai to Venice, which is almost exactly the same as the Legend of the Seas re-positioning sailing from Dubai to Venice, only Vision is scheduled a month earlier. But then someone mentioned that Vision and Legend were swapping. Does this mean my perfectly timed holiday (during the three week 'break' of my University course) is going to be thrown all out of whack? We were so looking forward to our cruise on Vision in April.

If I've totally misread things, please feel free to correct me!

Vision first re-positions to Europe on the sailing on which you are booked.

They have just decided to also bring in Legend and free up Vision to move back up to Northern Europe.

Vision will sail from Dubai to Venice, then Venice to Barcelona and then on to Amsterdam for a mini-season. We are only speculating that she will be in the Baltic for the few weeks she moves from Amsterdam.

The ship then returns to Venice in September for a mini-season prior to possibly returning to Dubai.

I called RCCL about one of the TAs found on the eskimo home site, and he was surprised to hear they had advance notice in the UK. He asked me what site I was using to find it, and was going to pass it to his supervisor. Very pleasant about it, but did not have access.

He said they don't get it any earlier than it appears on the website, as they are accessing the same system.

RCI appears to have used 'Vision of the Seas' as a place holder for what have become all the Legend calls for the Venice season.

Legend seems to take all the calls that have booked for months at Dubrovnik and Split as 'vision'

This is the direction I want to go. I have had the Rhapsody "sold out" TA booked for months, but really, really want Eastern Med. :confused: