For those who have sailed in Feb. how

modes

Is the weather in general temperature wise in early Feb. in the caribbean?

We have cruised in February several times (probably my favorite month for the Caribbean) and the weather in the Caribbean is great. Not to hot but plenty hot enough. Of course if you are going to the Southern Caribbean the weather is pretty much the same year round. The only varying weather you may have is your departure port. We have left Texas before in February with cold wet weather but warm and sunny by first morning at sea after getting further south. Leaving from Florida or San Juan it will likely be warm when you leave. Ports like St Thomas and St Maarten get really hot (like miserably hot) during the end of March & April but are great in February.

Other than an occasional cold day of departure from either Miami or FL, the Carib is usually warm. We've cruised in Feb. for the last 15 years to get at least one week of warmth during the winter season. Along the way you may encounter a few showers, but overall the weather is perfect. If you want a guarantee that as soon as you land, cruise out of San Juan as the temperature is usually in the mid-80's--it is our favorite port to cruise from, from a weathrr standpoint.

Air is cold enough that you might need a jacket.

Water is cold enough that you might need a skin suit.

HA! There is very rarely any weather in the islands that can be called "cold". Google any of the Caribbean islands annual temps. They hardly vary throughout the year. Average highs low-high 80's YEAR ROUND:D

Is the weather in general temperature wise in early Feb. in the caribbean?

Temp in the caribbean is typically hot. If you are coming from up north, I would strongly suggest that you fly in a least a day before as weather can be horrible. Have heard of people missing the cruise because they attempted to fly south the day of the cruise and flights were cancelled.

Enjoy your cruise

Sailed out of New Jersey last feb. It was really cool to leave port in the dead of winter, and then slowly but surely feel the temperature heat up as we headed south. I am Canadian, so I found the islands to be nice and hot that time of year, but not disgustingly so (mid-high 20s celsius). We went on a cruise once in August, and the temperatures were just uncomfortable even for me, and I always say the hotter the better.

Once we got unlucky sailed from ft lauderdale went to Cozumel. It was cold in Florida 50s at night; 60 at day. My relatives who live there had on winter jackets. Rained in Cozumel. We decided if we wanted guaranteed hot to do Southern Caribbean. And perhaps start from San Juan.

Great post, as my next (well first actually :p) cruise will be in Feb 17, departing Ft Lauderdale and doing an 11 day South Caribbean itinerary, all your responses are music to my ears.

The dates we could leave and the length of cruise we wanted, really restricted our choices and it seems by pure chance we've picked the perfect trip for guaranteed (well as much as you can) clement weather and low rainfall.

Air is cold enough that you might need a jacket.

Water is cold enough that you might need a skin suit.

Cold, hardly.....unless you consider low 80's cold. The reason for a light sweater/jacket for some would be on the pool deck at night if they have a pool party.....but even that for most people is unnecessary.

A wet suit for scuba, maybe for a few; but most people don't use them. Water is delightful and comfortable. I have seen some use wet suits, just not many in February in the Caribbean.

We almost always take a Caribbean cruise in the Jan/Feb time frame!

The only time you might need a jacket/wrap is INSIDE of the ship because of the a/c.

Now, the Bahamas is a different story! The water temperatures there can be quite chilly in February. Also, the weather in your Florida embarkation port varies -- might be very warm or somewhat cool.

Look forward to having a wonderful Caribbean cruise in February! :D

LuLu