Warmest weather in december

fleurdelys

Hi!

My dear husband and I are planing a last minute cruise for decembre (second or third week).

Comming from Canada, we are looking for the warmest cruise.

What's your opinion?

Also, we've been wondering about the seaweeds on beaches. Anyone as informations about that?

Thanks,

Fleurdelys, looking forward a break between 2 heavy graduate session!:p

Warmest weather would be in the Southern Hemisphere, or possibly Hawaii. So I would be looking for cruises in Australia, the South Pacific, or the wonderful Hawaii.

Not that the Caribbean will be cold, but sailing out of Florida can get you some cooler weather. The warmest areas of the Caribbean will be further south, so a cruise with Aruba, Curacao, etc, will be the warmest there. But it will not be as warm as Hawaii and the South Pacific.

Seaweed happens. It is affected by weather, and generally not predictable.

Choose a CARIBBEAN destination that doesn't include Bermuda or Bahamas...as they are NOT in the Caribbean! (Even though the cruise lines group those destinations into the Caribbean itinerary)

It's warm/hot in the actual Caribbean all year long. Although, coming from Canada, even Florida is going to feel nice!

Edited by cb at sea

Hi!

My dear husband and I are planing a last minute cruise for decembre (second or third week).

What's your opinion?

Also, we've been wondering about the seaweeds on beaches. Anyone as informations about that?

Thanks,

I would cruise out of San Juan, that will get you far enough south that you won't have any cool days, and you can avoid sea days by starting there.

Thanks everyone!

Now thinkin of leaving from San juan and go south from there.

Still a bit worried about massive seaweed...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/08/14/paradise-lost-caribbean-beaches-face-a-massive-seaweed-invasion-ahead-of-winter-tourism-season/

Looking forward sailing again!

Fleurdelys :D

We do the Western Caribbean every December for many years. Never been cooler that about 78-80 and never higher than 90 or so. Every beach we have been to in the Western have always taken care of any seaweed issues. So no real seaweed at all.

A storm of course can was ashore some seaweed, but it is usually taken care of within a couple of hours.

Hi!

What's your opinion?

Thanks,

Southern hemisphere.

We do the Western Caribbean every December for many years. Never been cooler that about 78-80 and never higher than 90 or so. Every beach we have been to in the Western have always taken care of any seaweed issues. So no real seaweed at all.

A storm of course can was ashore some seaweed, but it is usually taken care of within a couple of hours.

It is not the usual odd slicks brought in by storms. We were in Antigua two weeks and it was so bad that 6 workers were in the bay where we stayed working all and every day loading the stuff up in trucks. It would pile up knee deep during the night even in calm seas and the slick was at least a mile out to sea. Take a look at those photos in Cancun to see the extent.

Edited by moniquet

The Caribbean is reliably warm in December. Since OP will be flying, it might be best to find something embarking in San Juan. Of course, something heading to the Caribbean from Miami will be great most of the time: the sea off Miami still has a lot of summer's warmth left over.

This would also be my advise. Fly into one of the islands and you should miss the cooler days. We have also found most of the Panama Canal cruises very warm.

Choose a CARIBBEAN destination that doesn't include Bermuda or Bahamas...as they are NOT in the Caribbean! (Even though the cruise lines group those destinations into the Caribbean itinerary)

It's warm/hot in the actual Caribbean all year long. Although, coming from Canada, even Florida is going to feel nice!

Exactly my own thoughts.

And once in the Caribbean I've noticed no temperature differences east or west or south.

Starting in the Caribbean (eg San Juan or Barbados) rather than Florida avoids sea days or calls outside the Caribbean such as the Bahamas.

Yes, that time of year of course it's summer in the southern hemisphere. But that's an awfully long way. And the Caribbean is summer year-round. Certainly the best bang for your (shrinking :p) buck.

JB :)

OK - for the pedantic, Barbados is outside the Caribbean. But close enough for me.

Edited by John Bull