Cuba.Where everyone loves Ron.

drron29

The photos are great. Thanks for taking the time to post them. Where are the people? The streets seem empty.

Funny that ! Just must have been the time. Heaps of people out and about. Even at midnight coming back from a show. I try not to get too many people in my photos ! Ann

Well the real reason is that this was our first tour and it was early morning.It has become obvious that Cubans are on "Island time".So not that many out and about in the morning but a lot more at midnight.

So we now arrive at Revolution Plaza surrounded by Government buildings-

DSC05188.JPG.DSC05190.JPG.

DSC05192.JPG.DSC05194.JPG.

DSC05197.JPG.DSC05200.JPG.

We were told that the vultures flying above the monument was a sign of rain.Not much later the vultures were proven right.As to people here is a shot of the Plaza showing I am not trying to avoid people just that very few are about-

DSC05206.JPG.DSC05207.JPG.

DSC05208.JPG.DSC05209.JPG.

You may notice that the rain has begun-

DSC05210.JPG.DSC05211.JPG.

Sorry for the delay but no internet whilst in Santiago de Cuba due to "interference from the shore".

As to the ladies they just put the cigar in your mouth.Afterwards you wonder just how many mouths the cigar has been in.

So if in Havana and you see those ladies with a basket head in the opposite direction or say a very firm NO.

That thought occurred to me...where has that cigar been!

drron29: As to the ladies they just put the cigar in your mouth.Afterwards you wonder just how many mouths the cigar has been in. So if in Havana and you see those ladies with a basket head in the opposite direction or say a very firm NO.

Yes' date=' yes, those cigars could have, creatively, been in a [b']wide variety of places!![/b] From my March 2001 visit to Cuba, here is one of my pictures as an example for how large these cigars can be and one of the "ladies" displaying it.

For Ron, keep up the fun and interesting posting. So many of your visuals and comments bring back nice memories for Havana and Cuba.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 122,920 views for this posting.

Sept2015PixsA15_zpsyaeskvar.jpg

Edited by TLCOhio

We are, or shall I say I am, eagerly waiting for the pink sport coat photos!

I am afraid there will be NO pink sports jacket photos this trip - it stayed at home - only the navy one will surface this trip :) Ann

Pat the weather has actually been very kind to us.It is the wet season meaning it is hot and humid ashore but it has only rained when we have been on the bus and on the sea days.

The hurricane that threatened Cuba was on it's northeast coast but we were on the southwest coast so it didn't affect us at all.

So back to our walking tour.Some lovely old buildings naturally since this is the old town.The first 4 pictures are a boutique hotel.Los Frailes,The Friars.Even the staff are dressed as friars-

DSC05250.JPG.DSC08235.JPG.DSC05245.JPG.

DSC05248.JPG.

DSC05238.JPG.DSC05250.JPG.