Could the rci website get any worse

Ashland

The senior management team at both the cruise line company and the holding company could not care less that their customers (or more importantly potential customers) hate the web site and are constantly having problems when trying to use it. If they did, the CIO would have been thrown out the window of the office building a couple of years ago and they would have hired a high school kid...because from all appearances that person would be A LOT better at the job.

No issues using my laptop either.

No issues for me either and I am using my computer, I just checked my reservations, was able to add all entertainment on our upcoming cruise, changed my preferences, checked prices just to see if there was a drop or if we could have a cheap upgrade, it is different but worked perfectly fine.

And no I am not a RCCL cheerleader.

Well....the website looks more "professional" ....lol....but big mistake! Hate not seeing the available cabins within a category! Or even category (D1, D2, etc) within a category unless I am missing something. Also, previously you could key in a specific cabin and it would show available or not....I don't see that anymore. What a pain in the patootie! I like picking out my own cabin and then booking with my TA! We are probably (or at least close:)) our TA's easiest clients. We just send them date, ship, specific cabin and tell them to book it! LOL I agree this probably is also trying to keep folks from watching for price drops though.

Come on RC....please actually consider what your users want to see/search/book and include those items in the website in a user friendly way!!!

When I book, I have the website info and deck plans in front of me and I call RCI directly. I give them the number of the cabin that I am interested in and they tell me if it is available. It's much simpler that way and I avoid the less desirable cabins that the web site tries to force on me.

Is it just me or is anyone else (in UK) having issues logging onto the My Cruises section of the website? I've tried this for a couple of days now and just get a blank screen with: -

An error occurred while processing your request. Reference #30.ee9a2548.1443792805.879433a

This has happened on more than one PC, and more than one browser...:mad:

It's the same for me too.

In my first opinion in the other thread I said that this update is very bad. I have now messed around in there off and on last night and some today and I am starting to get a feel of how to get around in there. While I don't think that it is very user friendly as compared to what was there previously, I think it will be alright if you learn to maneuver in it. For anybody that has never used the site before, they should have no problems because they don't know what it was like. It is us that know of the previous version that is having the problem with it. I'm not going to cruise another line simply because the site is jacked up, but I think by the time I am ready to book my next cruise I will know how to use the site with no problem!

We totally needed a repeat thread on this.

Sorry I thought it might be of some value for one of us to post about our feelings on this instead of just "RCCL CRUISELINE"...Any reason not too :confused: ....but that didn't stop you from putting in your 2 cents did it and some other's for putting in more :rolleyes:

Sorry I thought it might be of some value for one of us to post about our feelings on this instead of just "RCCL CRUISELINE"...Any reason not too :confused: ....but that didn't stop you from putting in your 2 cents did it and some other's for putting in more :rolleyes:

Like!!!

In my first opinion in the other thread I said that this update is very bad. I have now messed around in there off and on last night and some today and I am starting to get a feel of how to get around in there. While I don't think that it is very user friendly as compared to what was there previously, I think it will be alright if you learn to maneuver in it. For anybody that has never used the site before, they should have no problems because they don't know what it was like. It is us that know of the previous version that is having the problem with it. I'm not going to cruise another line simply because the site is jacked up, but I think by the time I am ready to book my next cruise I will know how to use the site with no problem!

Thanks for some more insight...but I think the problem is each time they make what they consider improvements it seems to get even more complicated and unfriendly...(JMHO). But like every other time I'll master it eventually ;)

Is it just me or is anyone else (in UK) having issues logging onto the My Cruises section of the website? I've tried this for a couple of days now and just get a blank screen with: -

An error occurred while processing your request. Reference #30.ee9a2548.1443792805.879433a

Same here, what's going on?

It's the same for me too.
Go to the RCI US site

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/?wuc=us

and select 'Log-in' from the top right corner and enter your 'My Cruises' login and you can access your bookings, which I've just done.

So it would appear to be a RCI UK website issue.

Well....the website looks more "professional" ....lol....but big mistake! Hate not seeing the available cabins within a category! Or even category (D1, D2, etc) within a category unless I am missing something. Also, previously you could key in a specific cabin and it would show available or not....I don't see that anymore. What a pain in the patootie! I like picking out my own cabin and then booking with my TA! We are probably (or at least close:)) our TA's easiest clients. We just send them date, ship, specific cabin and tell them to book it! LOL I agree this probably is also trying to keep folks from watching for price drops though.

Come on RC....please actually consider what your users want to see/search/book and include those items in the website in a user friendly way!!!

Well said, skiiergirl!! I am glad I'm in such good company with all of you. We, too, make our selections and then transfer the booking to our agent. I would also like to see the return of the cabin category and the previous deck plans RCCL had. The new page has just too much "stuff" showing; not all of it welcome or usable, than the other versions have had. I would not call it "user friendly."

Does anyone get Anthem as their first page when going to http://www.royalcaribbean.com? I have for months now and the only way I can get out of it and find anything pertaining to any other ships or even the regular tabs is by going through the countdown to cruise or crown and anchor page which both require signing in. Real PITA. I can't even search for a cruise without doing that otherwise I get only Anthem itineraries.

Edited by Clipper123

Thanks for some more insight...but I think the problem is each time they make what they consider improvements it seems to get even more complicated and unfriendly...(JMHO). But like every other time I'll master it eventually ;)

Exactly!

I agree with you. I think the "no longer cruising on Royal Caribbean" comments are a bit of an overreaction.

But for some reason, it won't let me book for 3 people???

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

We were able to print our set sail passes last night on the PC but where the "Save and continue button should have been there was a question mark (?)

It seems to me that it is a work in progress and l feel that the web site will eventually be ok .

It would be a foolish company that made it difficult to book a cruise a bit like the local corner store having a door that's difficult to open.

Edited by Kruser Karl

Royal was in the internet dark ages a few years ago when we took our first cruise. The mobile and laptop versions are now fine when I am using them. Suppose Royal had a SUPPORT GROUP that helped people evaluate their unique internet connections with the website and did this for FREE. That would be good for them and good for the customer.

We book through a travel agent that is part of a national organization where they constantly check for lower prices on my currently booked cruise. And this sure beats me checking constantly. We saved hundreds on our currently booked cruise for January, 2016 out of San Juan.