The legacy of Lisa Lutloff-Perlo

Mynki

In your opinion, is Lisa Lutloff-Perlo having a positive or a negative effect on Cele  

284 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion, is Lisa Lutloff-Perlo having a positive or a negative effect on Cele

• Positive
    • Negative

The horror of it, pure horror!

I talked to the F&B manager on our recent cruise about the variability of food items. He said that Celebrity tries to local source the freshest products. He said that some ships are on a 6 month deployment to areas that don't always have food items or cuts of meat that American tastes prefer. So an item may be available on what cruise and not on another. If Celebrity tried to stock bread sticks for a 6 month deployment, say in Asia, I don't know that I would be that excited about eating 6 month old bread sticks.

Last time we did a galley tour they told us they bake everything fresh each day onboard. All bread, breadsticks, muffins, etc. Has this changed?

No Cova Cafe chocolates, they have gone the way of the dinosaur.

No skinny breadsticks either. We have stopped going to the Martini Bar. We do not like what it has turned into. More showmanship then good service and good drinks and always loud music playing so you cannot even have a conversation.

When did the breadsticks leave? We had them on our April 2 TA on the Constellation.

Marie

When did the breadsticks leave? We had them on our April 2 TA on the Constellation.

Marie

I am talking about the breadsticks in the Martini Bar they use to serve with the drinks, which I have not seen in a few years. I think since they Solsticized the M Class ship. Then they started putting out snack mix. Then they would only provide snack mix upon request. Our last cruise we only went to the martini bar twice so not sure if they are providing any snacks.

As for the MDR breadsticks they are still being served, but they are the same plain breadsticks each evening. When we first started sailing Celebirty they baked them fresh each morning and every day was a different flavor. Not anymore.

Putting on my big pouty face now! We loved those skinny, salty, somewhat twisty baked-on-board breadsticks with a pre-dinner beverage.

And figured X wasn't feeling generous enough to put the Cova Chocolates on our pillows again. :(

The horror of it, pure horror!

I talked to the F&B manager on our recent cruise about the variability of food items. He said that Celebrity tries to local source the freshest products. He said that some ships are on a 6 month deployment to areas that don't always have food items or cuts of meat that American tastes prefer. So an item may be available on what cruise and not on another. If Celebrity tried to stock bread sticks for a 6 month deployment, say in Asia, I don't know that I would be that excited about eating 6 month old bread sticks.

Great! That means more great service and good drinks for me! ;)

Breadsticks and other bread items are made onboard. Also meat products are sourced from a distributor in Colorado. This insures quality control for all the Celebrity ships. The meat is shipped to various ports, throughout the season. Dairy, fruit and vegetable items are locally sourced at specific ports.

Breadsticks and other bread items are made onboard. Also meat products are sourced from a distributor in Colorado. This insures quality control for all the Celebrity ships. The meat is shipped to various ports, throughout the season. Dairy, fruit and vegetable items are locally sourced at specific ports.

Interesting. That is not what we were told and not our experience aboard Celebrity. We did get snack cracker mix at all the bars.

Mr. Obvious says they don't source their fish from Colorado. They do make an effort to source fresh fish in some ports, seeing as how the ocean is right there.

We would like the aqua (daily bottle of water) back in Aqua Class. Not everyone has the drinks package. Celebrity can ditch the herbal tea that sits out all day on the counter in Aqua Class. It's a breeding ground for bacteria.

Well said. By all objective measures, as a CEO, she's doing great.

Hello? if you judge her by stock price...the original post had the stock price over $100. Today it closed at $76.12. That's great if you bought it at $6 or $18. Price performance for the past 12 months is negative 6%. In the same time period CCL is down only 2.5%.

So not ALL objective measure however what other objective measures are you using? Subjective measures don't count because you can't quantify those. :D

Celebrity can ditch the herbal tea that sits out all day on the counter in Aqua Class. It's a breeding ground for bacteria.

You can request that the herbal tea not be delivered to your stateroom. We like and drink the herbal teas. Have yet to get sick.

We would like the aqua (daily bottle of water) back in Aqua Class. Not everyone has the drinks package. Celebrity can ditch the herbal tea that sits out all day on the counter in Aqua Class. It's a breeding ground for bacteria.

Now there's a great idea....we really miss the daily bottled water..great AQ class perk...

we usually ask that they not bring the herbal tea at all.. the.taste of all the flavors is not to our liking,(tastes artucficial?), it takes up room on the counter and we definitely do not like it sitting out for days..,,

Edited by hcat

You can request that the herbal tea not be delivered to your stateroom. We like and drink the herbal teas. Have yet to get sick.

We didn't have to request the herbal tea not be delivered to our Aqua Class cabin in February because we never saw it. Didn't even know it was a perk.

This poll seems to be convincing against her, hope she reads it and reacts to it and not just blows it off.

J.

Because 207 people out of a measly 261 don't think she's doing a good job? I think those 207 will be easy to replace with newer cruisers that don't care. People naturally get upset when things are taken away. Bound to happen. People put the blame for cut backs right on the CEO.

Edited by Cruise Junky

Because 207 people out of a measly 261 don't think she's doing a good job? I think those 207 will be easy to replace with newer cruisers that don't care. People naturally get upset when things are taken away. Bound to happen. People put the blame for cut backs right on the CEO.

If not the CEO,I guess we should blame the room attendants:rolleyes:

Edited by iSailor

If not the CEO,I guess we should blame the room attendants:rolleyes:

Of course not. But putting it all in her is ridiculous. Things change, items come and go from a cruise vacation and companies evolve. Some people get so wrapped up in what's no longer there that they turn bitter which I'm pretty sure has happened to a few posters on this thread. :rolleyes:

Of course not. But putting it all in her is ridiculous. Things change, items come and go from a cruise vacation and companies evolve. Some people get so wrapped up in what's no longer there that they turn bitter which I'm pretty sure has happened to a few posters on this thread. :rolleyes:

Considering that most here are not new cruisers, what it does show is that Celebrity has made a decision to change under her watch. It also shows that the cruise line is not making the changes with the intent to satisfy the long term customer base. Celebrity has clearly made the decision to appeal to a new demographic.

This poll seems to be convincing against her, hope she reads it and reacts to it and not just blows it off.

J.

The poll is immaterial because it is an insignificant sample. In addition, the poll is self-fulfilling just because the subject of this thread attracts the malcontents. I didn't even bother to vote in this poll for the same reasons I don't sign petitions to my Congressman on a particular subject.

If I am not happy with a particular product, like a cruise line, I just spend my dollars elsewhere. For example, I am not happy that Celebrity has pretty much abandoned the Southern California market as a home port. Therefore, I am spending more cruise dollars with Princess which has a strong presence there, even though I much prefer Celebrity to Princess. I don't complain about it here on CC. Celebrity is going to do whatever is best for the company bottom line.

I guess when the CEO decides to reduce things a bit more on the NEWER 207 cruisers a certain number will not care until after a few more cycles of reductions we are back to the days of easyCruise.

There will always be a market for what X provided a few years ago. I can't believe that the same product could not bring in the correct profit line with an appropriate increase in price.

Today, when I buy that 12 ounce can of coffee if I want all the benefits of what used to be a full pound can I have to spend more and purchase 4 more ounces. Why not just continue selling the one pound can and charge appropriately. I guess that's my "parent's cruise" to the new marketeers, bean counters and focus group wizards.

ps. I am not bitter over the changes, just don't understand why a quality cruise line like Celebrity used to be back in the day of "exceeding expectations", as my future booked cruises prove, can't continue providing the quality without the extras, like better food for an additional fee. Wow, sounds almost like if you don't pay the extra you MDR experience will suffer. AND IT HAS...LOL

OMO

bosco

Edited by boscobeans

I think she's promoting Celebrity to a different crowd. The long time cruisers did love a different product but Celebrity was neither well known or had a real identity to the majority of cruisers. I think she's putting Celebrity on the map with a new generation and creating a bit of a niche for them. Will people like it? obviously not all judging by the complaints on here. But she is definitely moving and promoting them to a new demographic. Personally, I love it. Love the vibe, love the food and love that it's not my parents cruise line.

^^^^^^Ditto^^^^^^^

We like you have 'sailed around' :D

1987 to 2000 7 different lines, 2001 to 2011 all with RCCL, 2012 back to Princess, and the last 3 years, 2013, 2014, and 2015 with Celebrity.

The wife said that last Nov was our best cruise EVER

Most of the complainers will not put their booking's where their comments are, with another line. Like you, we have been there, experienced the others, and found them to be lacking, not Celebrity.

We are in our 60'ties, and still feel they are marketing to us.

EW

PS: cant say we are cheerleaders sine we do have more time on the other 6 lines combined than on X.

Edited by wallie5446

There were 8 of us at the table in the MDR and we all thought the food was excellent on our recent cruise and two of the party were cooks. We just enjoy the fact that we are lucky enough to be on a cruise with a line that provides excellent service and we have tried other lines who don't come anywhere near the quality of food or service.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There were 8 of us at the table in the MDR and we all thought the food was excellent on our recent cruise and two of the party were cooks. We just enjoy the fact that we are lucky enough to be on a cruise with a line that provides excellent service and we have tried other lines who don't come anywhere near the quality of food or service.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Totally agree re the food. Our group all agree that the food has much improved over the last 3-4 years. As none of the so called "cut backs" have affected us we can only appreciate the additions. We do not all miss or like the some things but we are very happy with Celebrity.