allow the captain to perform marriages.

"Your Tie the Knot SM

coordinator will assist you with obtaining all the

necessary documentation required by Bermuda and process your

marriage license application on your behalf. You will be provided with

marriage license guidelines and an application form. Please review,

complete and return documents to your wedding coordinator..."

...from the world's slowest loading pdf:

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/cruise-gifts-celebrations/WeddingPlanner.pdf

• 5 weeks later...
Majestic Princess, taken Oct. 28, 2016...

30086858493_c69f578472_b_d.jpg

(Image Credit Varjag @ Fleetmon)

Thanks Dave...are you weakening & considering the Majestic??? ;)

Aussie friends recently sailed Britannia (P&O's adaptation of the Royal-class) and those changes were more interesting to me than the Asian changes to the Majestic. I'm certainly not the demographic they're marketing the Majestic but the British experience on the Britannia is closer to what we enjoy on a cruise.

As you know the main thing I dislike about the Royal & Regal are that neither are sailing from the West Coast. :p

Edited by Astro Flyer

Thanks Dave...are you weakening & considering the Majestic??? ;)

Aussie friends recently sailed Britannia (P&O's adaptation of the Royal-class) and those changes were more interesting to me than the Asian changes to the Majestic. I'm certainly not the demographic they're marketing the Majestic but the British experience on the Britannia is closer to what we enjoy on a cruise.

As you know the main thing I dislike about the Royal & Regal are that neither are sailing from the West Coast. :p

Hi Frank!

She looks good in this recent picture, and I'd LOVE to give her a try, but my champagne taste is experiencing a Diet Coke budget right now. That, and the airfare alone would kill me!

As someone had mentioned in another thread, Britannia's decor just wasn't to my liking at all as I personally preferred the elegance of Royal Princess. But, hopefully, this time next year I would have "been there, done that" on Anthem of the Seas which I am looking forward to even without the Dynamic Dining (I don't do MDR's anyway).

:D

Hi Frank!

She looks good in this recent picture, and I'd LOVE to give her a try, but my champagne taste is experiencing a Diet Coke budget right now. That, and the airfare alone would kill me!

As someone had mentioned in another thread, Britannia's decor just wasn't to my liking at all as I personally preferred the elegance of Royal Princess. But, hopefully, this time next year I would have "been there, done that" on Anthem of the Seas which I am looking forward to even without the Dynamic Dining (I don't do MDR's anyway).

:D

I also prefer the Royal & Regal and hopefully you'll get to sail on the Anthem next year. :)

• 1 month later...
I hope the next two ships in this class have the covered forward pool like the Majestic Princess.

Me, too!!! :D

That's the biggest thing (to me) that's been missing from the newer Princess ships.

Even in the Caribbean there are rainy or too hot days .

Thanks for the update!! :)

In the bow area she looks little different to her sisters, rather like P&O's Britannia.

Does she feature an observation lounge again, which is missing with the other Princess newbuilds?

That would be great news, and I hope the two following Princess ships will feature it as well, and sail European/American waters again. :cool:

Deck 17 on M.P has a Forward area called Hollywood Conservatory, no idea what it will look like. That is the front of the pool area that you can see in Blue glass in the above photo.

One reason I liked the Grand Class was being able to walk around the front of the ship.

Edited by sidari

Thanks for the update!! :)

In the bow area she looks little different to her sisters, rather like P&O's Britannia.

Does she feature an observation lounge again, which is missing with the other Princess newbuilds?

That would be great news, and I hope the two following Princess ships will feature it as well, and sail European/American waters again. :cool:

Check out the video in this thread for renderings of those spaces on Majestic Princess....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2394093

:)

Edited by dmwnc1959

Check out the video in this thread for renderings of those spaces on Majestic Princess....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2394093

:)

Okay, thank you... :)

Seems she will be slightly dfferent from her older sisters, which is somewhat understandable since she's designed for the Asian market.

Sadly she's also getting a rdiculous laser tagging area as the new NCL Joy will feature, IMHO this has nothing to do with cruising.

The concept seems to be different in some cases - more speciality restaurants, Horizon Court has a different name and apparently it's organized a little different.

Let's see what it will be finally - and I really hope to have the two newbuilds in Western waters (Europe, USA, etc...) again...

Edited by shipfriend_max

• 2 weeks later...