Oceania vs. Azamara - Confused

AllisonJames

No, it cannot.

It would be nice if an option were to be able to donate it to a charity, especially given the devastation caused by the recent hurricanes.

That is an excellent idea. I donated points in frequent flyers, which I was about to loose, to a charity.

You do not get the same obc for an inside as for the owners suite. The obc varies

The basic OLIFE Choice OBC from Oceania does NOT vary by category - Owners Suite or Inside bookings get the same. The amount DOES vary by cruise. Also, depending on your TA, you MAY get different amounts of add-on OBC based on total cost of your cruise.

I have 15 cruises on Oceania. I have never had to pay tips. My ta always covered tips either through group or through the office. You need to find the right ta for Oceania. A high volume o ta can and will do better than one who books a handful of o cruises

I have done two cruises on azamara. I do not think the lines are remotely comparable. Oceania is better across the board in our opinion. The food on Oceania is far superior imo. We don’t consider azamara an option for us

We are not drinkers so included wine is not meaningful as a benefit. I always have large obc which can more than cover any wine I might have on occasion

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree about getting a good TA is a smart move. However, if you have cruised with O on over 15 cruises, you should have gotten free gratuities directly from O as well as a bunch of OBC ($400) when you went on your 10th cruise and even more OBC ($500) when you hit your 15th cruise. I hate to tell you, but your TA had nothing to do with getting you those specific perks.

Yes. Of course I know that

I’m not talking about the later cruises when the status benefits kicked in. My ta has always given us gratuities from o cruise number 1

I get way more from him than what Oceania gives.

Edited by bitob

Yes. Of course I know that

I’m not talking about the later cruises when the status benefits kicked in. My ta has always given us gratuities from o cruise number 1

I get way more from him than what Oceania gives.

Just curious, as we will have 10 cruises with O once we finish our 2018 cruises with them, did your TA just give you the equivalent in OBC once you embarked on your 10th O cruise since they don't have to cover the gratuities anymore?

Our TA, once we transfer an O cruise to him, covers our gratuities and gives us some OBC as well, depending on the cruise. All totalled it's usually between 6-8% of our cruise fare. Just curious as to what we should expect once we embark on our 10th O cruise from our TA when they don't have to cover the gratuities anymore.

Just curious, as we will have 10 cruises with O once we finish our 2018 cruises with them, did your TA just give you the equivalent in OBC once you embarked on your 10th O cruise since they don't have to cover the gratuities anymore?

Our TA, once we transfer an O cruise to him, covers our gratuities and gives us some OBC as well, depending on the cruise. All totalled it's usually between 6-8% of our cruise fare. Just curious as to what we should expect once we embark on our 10th O cruise from our TA when they don't have to cover the gratuities anymore.

It depends on where the grats come from, but generally once you hit 10 and there is grats included from your TA you will get an additional obc, usually in the amount of $250 for those that turn Silver after a certain date, which you would fall.

Some TA's get them passed through for Oceania, some provide them themselves. It's all pretty good.

It depends on where the grats come from, but generally once you hit 10 and there is grats included from your TA you will get an additional obc, usually in the amount of $250 for those that turn Silver after a certain date, which you would fall.

Some TA's get them passed through for Oceania, some provide them themselves. It's all pretty good.

Here's an example. We are booked on a 32 day GV in the Baltic and then onto Iceland and Greenland and then back to the UK. When we transfered the cruise to our TA, he covered the grats ($1,024) and gave us $400 in OBC. IF this was our 10+ cruise, where O now covers the grats and gives us $400 in OBC, should we expect around $1,400 in OBC from our TA or the $250 as you suggested? I know you don't have a crystal ball, but what would you think?

You do not get the same obc for an inside as for the owners suite. The obc varies

Where do you see that information?

Maybe you are confusing an OBC your TA gives you with the O life amount :confused:

Very interesting thread. I have never cruised on Oceania, but did send for a brochure and now get them daily. I have taken 1 Azamara cruise and have another booked. My only complaint is the tiny shower. I was Elite on Celebrity and that transferred to Azamara. If Oceania has an itinerary that I want, I will book it.

Been on both! Azamara Transatlantic last year & Oceania Panama Canal this past Sept. We like them both, very similar in size. We like the food on Oceania better but I think Azamara is more fun. They plan nice onboard events like White Nights. We were on Oceania 18 days, San Francisco through Panama Canal to Miami. Not a good itinerary for us, but Oceania is one spotless cruise line. Azamara, we did from Southampton to Montreal. Both equally great cruise lines.

Where do you see that information?

Maybe you are confusing an OBC your TA gives you with the O life amount :confused:

The original olife had a sliding scale based on cabin category, thus the language “ up to $$$ in obc.” The top dollar listed was for top suite. The current promotion has a flat rate.

Lol. I know exactly what my ta gives me

What are the policies in relation to solo supplements? Every time I have looked at Oceania it was 100%, e.g. double, whilst Azamara had a reduced solo supplement. Does Oceania ever have a reduced solo supplement?

I am not sure what the OZ website shows but if they have a tab with Offers look there

They usually have several cruises with discounted SS

closer to sailing the lower the supplement

I have seen 10 to 50% SS

At the moment I see 17 cruise listed under the lower ss special

If I'm not mistaken, and I'm going from memory, I believe Azamara credits your loyalty points after you finish your cruise while Oceania credits them at the beginning of your cruise. So if you pass into the next level on your O cruise, you get the higher benefits on that cruise.

This is true. We just verified that yesterday when we talked with our O PCC.

Here's an example. We are booked on a 32 day GV in the Baltic and then onto Iceland and Greenland and then back to the UK. When we transfered the cruise to our TA, he covered the grats ($1,024) and gave us $400 in OBC. IF this was our 10+ cruise, where O now covers the grats and gives us $400 in OBC, should we expect around $1,400 in OBC from our TA or the $250 as you suggested? I know you don't have a crystal ball, but what would you think?

I'd have no way of knowing. You'd have to ask your TA. As I said earlier though it all depends on where the grats are coming from. Sometimes people think they are coming from a TA when actually they are coming from Oceania. Or at least that's what I've been told before.

I'd have no way of knowing. You'd have to ask your TA. As I said earlier though it all depends on where the grats are coming from. Sometimes people think they are coming from a TA when actually they are coming from Oceania. Or at least that's what I've been told before.

You're right. When we get to that level and the compensation is not acceptable, then we'll find another TA. They are easy enough to find.

I thought that service on Az was outstanding. One night we were eating dinner in the MDR. DW said "The ship is turning." Then the Captain came on the speaker "Ladies and Gentlemen, you may have noticed that the ship is turning. There is a couple eating dinner in our specialty restaurant. They are celebrating their 50th anniversary and and told their waiter that this is a wonderful cruise with a beautiful view out the window, except that they could not see the sunset. I am turning the ship so that they can see the sunset."

I thought that service on Az was outstanding. One night we were eating dinner in the MDR. DW said "The ship is turning." Then the Captain came on the speaker "Ladies and Gentlemen, you may have noticed that the ship is turning. There is a couple eating dinner in our specialty restaurant. They are celebrating their 50th anniversary and and told their waiter that this is a wonderful cruise with a beautiful view out the window, except that they could not see the sunset. I am turning the ship so that they can see the sunset."

Yes this happens with Azamara. Once the captain also turned the ship when we were cruising for passengers from both sides of the ship to be able to see the sunset. I have seen many sunsets when cruising but I will never forget that one...

Yes this happens with Azamara. Once the captain also turned the ship when we were cruising for passengers from both sides of the ship to be able to see the sunset. I have seen many sunsets when cruising but I will never forget that one...

I'd be willing to bet that in both of these cases it was Capt Johannes and on the Journey. (y)

I'd be willing to bet that in both of these cases it was Capt Johannes and on the Journey. (y)

It was Capt Jose on the Quest. DW saw him hold the door for a woman with a tray of food from the buffet going to the patio. He also stopped and chatted with DW one day while she was eating lunch on the patio. All of the crew were very friendly and approachable.

Az is now DW's favorite cruise line. I still like Celebrity as much as Az, because of the shower.

Just to be fair, on a cruise we were on ending in Athens, the Captain on our Oceania R ship diverted to Santorini (which was not on the schedule)so the passengers could see the sunset there. It was spectacular—we left our dinner in Polo to take pictures. Wiks