What do you get to drink WITHOUT Bottomless Bubbles

jeeptp75

We bought the soda package last time we cruised when our kids were 14 and 17 and it ended up being a waste of money. I think DS got a soda at dinner each night, but that was it. They did water, lemonade and iced tea mostly.

We bought the soda package last time we cruised when our kids were 14 and 17 and it ended up being a waste of money. I think DS got a soda at dinner each night, but that was it. They did water, lemonade and iced tea mostly.

But can they get a ice tea or lemonade anywhere on the ship for free? Or do they have to go to the free drink station?

Canadaman - ice tea and lemonade is only available at Lido, they don't have random stations set up around the ship. However you can always get a cup of water from any bar.

jeeptp75 - unfortunately the drink choices are a little sparse for those not on a package, I wish carnival got the "Freestyle machines" that Royal Caribbean has. Your soda package gives you a special cup that activates the machine and in addition to the sodas you can also get powered and flavored dasani water.

Everything has already been mentioned above but I also wanted to suggest you could bring little powered packets of crystal light, gatorade, etc in your suitcase. My children don't drink soda either and the lemonade on the ship is too sugary for their taste so we usually order a few packages of bottled water to the room (only $2.99 for a 12 pack) and then mix in a packet and shake it up :)

Our kids were fine with water/lemonade. We bought thermoses/bottles. I don't think my kids would drink enough soda to make it worthwhile, but we'll let them splurge on an occasional non-alcohol daiquiri or something like that.

Canadaman - ice tea and lemonade is only available at Lido, they don't have random stations set up around the ship. However you can always get a cup of water from any bar.

jeeptp75 - unfortunately the drink choices are a little sparse for those not on a package, I wish carnival got the "Freestyle machines" that Royal Caribbean has. Your soda package gives you a special cup that activates the machine and in addition to the sodas you can also get powered and flavored dasani water.

So with bottomless bubbles they can get pop or juice at any bar anywhere on the ship?

So with bottomless bubbles they can get pop or juice at any bar anywhere on the ship?

Yes, they can get soda or juices (apple, orange, pineapple, etc) by the glass with the bottomless bubbles card from any bar, in the main dining room, and also in any venue (theater, comedy, etc) that offers bar service.

As someone mentioned earlier, you can bring a 12 pack of canned soda, juice, etc. with you in your carryon.

I love iced tea, but I cannot drink the tea that is offered by Carnival. It is from a mix and I personally think it is disgusting.

Ditto the idea of brining your own packets of crystal light or Gatorade., and/or bring your allotment of 12 cans of beverages. Must be cans, not bottles and must be in your carry-on. Sometimes we just need something bubbly.

Also, as others have mentioned the iced tea is not the best, but it is really quite good when you mix it with the lemonade and make your own Arnold Palmer. We bring a water bottle to fill up at the drink station, especially with ice and then water to take out onto the decks when we are working on our tans.

Available 24 Hours: coffee, hot tea, hot chocolate, lemonade and unsweetened ice tea.

Also wanted to mention milk. Chocolate milk, skim milk (although I often see it written "skimmed" milk on board) and I believe 2% are all readily available in the buffet for breakfast. You can get any of those at the MDR, or at the buffet lunch/dinner by requesting the cartons from a staff member.

Ditto the idea of brining your own packets of crystal light or Gatorade., and/or bring your allotment of 12 cans of beverages. Must be cans, not bottles and must be in your carry-on. Sometimes we just need something bubbly.

Also, as others have mentioned the iced tea is not the best, but it is really quite good when you mix it with the lemonade and make your own Arnold Palmer. We bring a water bottle to fill up at the drink station, especially with ice and then water to take out onto the decks when we are working on our tans.

We bring cheap Dollar Store insulated mugs and fill them with the lemonade and/or iced tea to take around with us. The lemonade comes out at lunch time - in the mornings the free drink machines have juices.

On the Sunshine there were free drink stations in the Lido Buffet, the Havana Bar and out near the pool by Guy's Burgers and the Taco Bar.

A couple of dumb questions here:

I have read that I can bring back one bottle of booze, which I can't have back until the end of the cruise.

Can I buy canned soda at the Soriana or Walmart in Puerto Vallarta and bring them back on the Miracle?

Do the Miracle cabins have ice buckets?

My kids are not huge soda drinkers and I'm wondering what is available/included with just the basic dining package without purchasing the Bottomless Bubbles package.

I carry my own soda so I can actually drink what I enjoy and then plenty of water and lemonade.

A couple of dumb questions here:

I have read that I can bring back one bottle of booze, which I can't have back until the end of the cruise.

Can I buy canned soda at the Soriana or Walmart in Puerto Vallarta and bring them back on the Miracle?

Do the Miracle cabins have ice buckets?

Every cabin has an ice bucket. They will fill it upon request.

You can actually bring back as many bottles of booze that you want, you will just be subject to tax on any after the first Liter/person age 18 and over.

you could bring little powered packets of crystal light, gatorade, etc in your suitcase.......we usually order a few packages of bottled water to the room (only $2.99 for a 12 pack) and then mix in a packet and shake it up :)

This is what we do.......bought 3 - 12 packs of water to be delivered to our room and we just put crystal light in it.

We also bring a bottle of wine each and maybe buy 1 or 2 drinks each day on ship and we save at least $40.00 a day each by not buying the Cheers package. On a 5-day cruise that amounts to $400 USD that works out to $575 Canadian dollars, since we are from Canada and the exchange is really bad now.

Available 24 Hours: coffee, hot tea, hot chocolate, lemonade and unsweetened ice tea.

Also wanted to mention milk. Chocolate milk, skim milk (although I often see it written "skimmed" milk on board) and I believe 2% are all readily available in the buffet for breakfast. You can get any of those at the MDR, or at the buffet lunch/dinner by requesting the cartons from a staff member.

Just off the Miracle. Milk was available at each meal in the buffet. Other times you'd need to ask for it.

It's not free but my kiddos LOVED it when I would get them a virgin frozen drink on the Lido. Virgin Strawberry Daquiri was probably the favorite. For about $5, it's a nice/special treat for them if they have been behaving well.

My kids love the Virgin Miami Vice - we got them each day in Port because it was so hot. They are half Pina Colada and half Strawberry Daiquiri.